2 days to Vegas. Next gen game

Probably, but then again, there seems to be a few tracks that are incredibly beautiful while others are more or less and quite unspectacular.

IMO the best tracks that are trully stunning is the Nurburgring and El Capitan. All the others, especially the ones you start doing the standard licences are quite underwhelming.

There are flaws... but IMO GT4 has a great tradeoff. I refuse to compare it to anyother racer that doesn't even have the minum 60 Hz framerate.

blakjedi said:
Am I the only person in the world who loves racers who was not visually impressed by GT4? *shrug*

No I'm with you. I think the car models are nice, but other than that I don't see what's all the fuss is about, well 60 fps is nice.

Phil said:
Probably, but then again, there seems to be a few tracks that are incredibly beautiful while others are more or less and quite unspectacular.

IMO the best tracks that are trully stunning is the Nurburgring and El Capitan. All the others, especially the ones you start doing the standard licences are quite underwhelming.

There are flaws... but IMO GT4 has a great tradeoff. I refuse to compare it to anyother racer that doesn't even have the minum 60 Hz framerate.

nurburgring has a great sense of speed... probably the fastest non arcade non-wipeout speed around...

I dont remember el capitan...

The textures in GT4.... just suck...

those screenshots are clearly an artists impression of what i can be looked like if done realtime

Remember how excited people were at the first Getaway shots?

People were proclaiming how photorealistic they were.

Lets see if these people could deliver.

So Tiscali is an Italian company doing development in the Czech Republic?

wco81 said:
Remember how excited people were at the first Getaway shots?

People were proclaiming how photorealistic they were.

Lets see if these people could deliver.

So Tiscali is an Italian company doing development in the Czech Republic?

Tiscali's just an ISP, probably just the server hosting the pictures. They don't do games.

Best known for their work on Corvette, Bob the Builder, Master Rallye and Baja, the 40 plus Belarus-based developers at Steel Monkeys are currently working on a new project, titled 2 Days to Vegas.

According to the official Steel Monkeys website, some guy named Vinny has a problem. In 2 Days to Vegas, players take control of this newly freed convict fresh off a three-year stretch. Vinnie dreams a quiet life and some time with his girl, but his inconsiderate younger brother, Tony, got himself into a load of trouble and now needs to be bailed out. Vinnie to the rescue!
The official description reads something more like,

2 Days To Vegas is a story driven 3rd person action-adventure game. The thrill-a-minute story is crammed full of car chases, shootouts and unexpected twists, to keep you on the edge of your seat throughout the game. The action is set in several major cities across the USA and takes place during an intense 48 hour period. This game has it all, a gripping story of contemporary gangster life combined with thrilling car chase action and an intense race against the clock.
Here's the kicker...the game looks freaking unreal. The "screenshots" that have been released thus far are absolutely ridiculous. The one of the parked gray truck simply cannot be in-game. It's just that good. Most people who see these images don't believe they are real, but some of the media were labeled as screenshots, so we have to take Steel Monkeys' word for it. If the next-generation of consoles and PC graphics cards truly are as powerful as they're being made out to be, then visuals like these should certainly be possible.

While no publisher or release specifics have been announced, we expect to learn more about the still super mysterious 2 Days to Vegas at this year's Electronic Entertainment Exposition in May of next month. Until then, do yourself a favor and check out the attached media

IGN Article

Two Extras Pics

2-days-to-vegas-20050428111821042.jpg

2-days-to-vegas-20050428111821651.jpg

Nice. I hope they can deliver. Imagne if this no name company can deliver. What do you think companies like Valve, EA, Midway, Bungie, etc. can do!! :oops:
________
GLASS WEED PIPE

Last edited by a moderator:
Shifty Geezer said:
They've no publisher. They are at the mercy of the industry. Might never see the light of day.

Hence the photorealistic shots. Doesn't matter if they're real or not, they're just selling their souls. Or at least they're trying to.

blakjedi said:
Am I the only person in the world who loves racers who was not visually impressed by GT4? *shrug*
As a game in general, there's a lot that could be improved technically. As a racer, it's, IMO, the best looking one yet. Saw a commercial for Forza the other day and it was just awful in comparison. It looked like a cartoon. The only realistic racer I can think of that stands up to GT4 visually is Enthusia.

"rendered with the game models". Only thing this confirms is the models, not the renderer. Could be ingame or offline. We can look to the poly-counts, but the rest, GI and reflections etc., isn't confirmed from this (unfortunately!)

Re: more info.

Wunderchu said:
fatboy68 said:
"Hi
As for the screenshots as you say they are rendered pics with the in-game models."
So that confirms it. Ingame models rendered by an offline renderer.

Phil said:
They still have a bit to learn where realistic reflections are concerned... :?

:LOL:

I'll say... I don't know how they get reflections of a city from a grey background. :LOL:

Back