18-Apr: Forums go glacial?

Looks like it's something to do with those TechReport ads at the top of the page.

Maybe Rys is playing around at the mo...

I'm not playing around, but any content loaded from a third party host like the ads have the potential to slow down the rest of the page as they're pulled in. Performance is currently fine for me, and was at the time Grall reported the slowness.

I'll ask Adam and the guys at TR if there are currently performance issues with the ad server.

I'm not playing around, but any content loaded from a third party host like the ads have the potential to slow down the rest of the page as they're pulled in. Performance is currently fine for me, and was at the time Grall reported the slowness.

I'll ask Adam and the guys at TR if there are currently performance issues with the ad server.

Dunno about everyone else, but it looks like it could be an issue with the chosen style. Just switched to vB3D and the ads look fine and speed is back to normal. Switching to the vBulletin default style (which is what I was using) seems to makes things go slow again.

Hope this helps.

Forums glacial again... :(

Using default skin btw, not anything special (just in case it matters.)

Im using defaults and it is going really really slowly! If you don't fix it Rys I'll curse you with a dozen miliamps leakage on your current project.

Yes, remarkably slow. Couldn't get onto the main site earlier. RSS feeds are down. Looks like server issues.

Tried internet exploder, both skins, turning off noscript, etc. Slow as molasses. Ping goes fine (of course that only goes up to the fileburst frond end, could be something wrong with the HTTP request relaying).

I can't for at least a couple of weeks, my wife has banned me from shoveling until I get my heart situation all straightened out. :???:

Back