12th Oct Documentary telling the story of silicon chip inventor Robert Noyce

Davros,
Finally got around to watching that documentary. It was excellent. The "family tree" in Silicon Valley is fascinating.

Thanks again for the "heads up".

Yeh caught this myself so thanks Davros, also watched the prog' immediately afterwards re the war between sinclair and acorn in the 80s - 90s, really enjoyed both,

thanks,
J.

Yeh caught this myself so thanks Davros, also watched the prog' immediately afterwards re the war between sinclair and acorn in the 80s - 90s, really enjoyed both,

thanks,
J.

Micromen was enjoyable enough, although I do wonder whether it would have been better as a plain documentary with some interviews from Sinclair, Curry, Hauser et al. I don't think Armstrong was particularly convincing as Sinclair (not the one I remember anyway) and I could have done without some of the nonsense in there (three Mensa chicks trying to chat him up etc).

By the way, the "war" was all over by the mid-80s when SRL sold their computer division to Amstrad - I'd forgotten how short their reign was at the top of the heap here in the UK.

I enjoyed watching it too. The silicon valley will gives us more knowledge and it is very inspiring. I enjoyed the war between the acorn and sinclair. Very nice!

Back