1080p Component Question

Heinrich4

Regular
Sorry all about of topic..but i cant find any info about this.

Is There any configuration/settings for adjust ps3 only for 1080P(or force upscaled this res.1080P) resolution for ps3 Euro?

Cause my friend have this console in Germany and cannot get 1080P resolution in ps3 games in your panel *,only appear in most games 576P resolution.

* Samsung M87 37" inches -> LE37M87BD

Under Display settings select Video output settings and then HDMI. And you'll obviously need a HDMI cable connected to make this work.

According to the manual, he should be able to use 1080p over component video.

Under Display settings select Video output settings and then HDMI. And you'll obviously need a HDMI cable connected to make this work.

Thanx a lot for answer me :D

But he(my friend) say set 1080P only is not possible ,maybe he made something wrong in this settings.

Thanx ;) i will talk with him about this info.

I think AlStrong and Cornsnake are overlooking that you're having these issues in games. Or I may not understand your question. Regardless, no, you cannot force 1080i/p in all games. Very few games render 1080x natively, and others only support it through horizontal scaling. Most only support up to 720p. The "up to 720p" games cannot be forced into 1080p by the PS3. Your TV will have to do the scaling. The games that (can) render at 1080p natively will automatically render at the highest resolution selected in the PS3's settings menu. The games that support 1080x through horizontal scaling do so to support the users with 1080i only displays that won't accept a 720p signal. Those games will (generally) select the optimal resolution, which is 720p, even if 1080x is selected in the PS3's settings. They will only render at 1080x if 720p is not selected as a supported resolution in the PS3's settings. In many cases, trying to force this can introduce visual artifacts into the picture, due to the scaling process, so its best to tell the PS3 what resolutions your TV supports, and let it do the rest. At least, that's the general consensus. Except in rare cases where your display only accepts up to 1080i, but will "bob" the 1080i signal to get it to its native resolution instead of properly weaving it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think AlStrong and Cornsnake are overlooking that you're having these issues in games. Or I may not understand your question. Regardless, no, you cannot force 1080i/p in all games. Very few games render 1080x natively, and others only support it through horizontal scaling. Most only support up to 720p. The "up to 720p" games cannot be forced into 1080p by the PS3. Your TV will have to do the scaling. The games that (can) render at 1080p natively will automatically render at the highest resolution selected in the PS3's settings menu. The games that support 1080x through horizontal scaling do so to support the users with 1080i only displays that won't accept a 720p signal. Those games will (generally) select the optimal resolution, which is 720p, even if 1080x is selected in the PS3's settings. They will only render at 1080x if 720p is not selected as a supported resolution in the PS3's settings. In many cases, trying to force this can introduce visual artifacts into the picture, due to the scaling process, so its best to tell the PS3 what resolutions your TV supports, and let it do the rest. At least, that's the general consensus. Except in rare cases where your display only accepts up to 1080i, but will "bob" the 1080i signal to get it to its native resolution instead of properly weaving it.

Thanx a lot for answer me and i would send this information for my friend.

the ps3 is fully capable of displaying 1080p over component, however i don't think all 1080p TV's are capable of doing so.

I've, admittedly, only tested a handfull of PS3 games - but everyone I've tried I've been able to force into 1080p.

All I did was go into display settings, used custom, then unchecked everything but 1080p and 480p, and every game I've tried has been put out at 1080p (upscaled of course, I realize their not native 1900X1080 rendered games).

Jack

Cause my friend have this console in Germany and cannot get 1080P resolution in ps3 games in your panel *,only appear in most games 576P resolution.
Sounds like he is using SCART rather than component, otherwise all PS3 games should output at least 720p.

Going from SCART to HDMI or component. First connect both cables between your tv and PS3. The default setting on your PS3 should be for SCART. Now on your tv select the Audio/Video input for SCART. In the setting menu go to "display settings" then "video output settings" and then HDMI or component. Now your PS3 will check for 30 seconds if the signal is being received. On your tv change the Audio/Video input to HDMI or component. Now you should have an 1080p image. Its a little confusing setting this up for the first time. But once you get it to work the visual improvement in your games is immediately noticeable.

Back