1.6GHz, quad-core ARMADA XP

argor

Newcomer
* Up to 1.6GHz processing performance for each ARM v7 compliant core
* 16,600 DMIPS performance at less than 10 watts
* "Heterogeneous multiprocessing" (SMP/AMP/Mixed) with "hardware-based Cache Coherence"
* Up to 2MB system level two cache
* 64-bit DDR2/DDR3/DDR3L memory interface with ECC support at up to 800MHz clock rates
* 4 PCI-e Gen 2.0 units
* 4 enterprise class Gigabit networking ports
* Up to 16 high speed Marvell SERDES lanes with multi functionality (PCI-e, SATA, SGMII, QSGMII)
* Multiple USB ports

from http://arstechnica.com/business/new...ts-back-at-chipzilla-with-new-server-chip.ars

I don't think this thread belongs in Handheld Technology, because the XP doesn't have a GPU and it's not targeted at handheld form factors. However, I don't think we have a forum broad enough to discuss non x86/PC processors either....I'll chuck it in the PC forum for the time being and see how the discussion goes.

I don't think this thread belongs in Handheld Technology, because the XP doesn't have a GPU and it's not targeted at handheld form factors. However, I don't think we have a forum broad enough to discuss non x86/PC processors either....I'll chuck it in the PC forum for the time being and see how the discussion goes.
i wasn't really sure what forum to post this in as this one of first real ARM sever chip/ processor /soc
but then i though it Arm chip way not post it in Handheld Technology
and if a mod could find a better place for the Thread he would move it ;)

well the chip is interesting
am rely curios how it performs at visualization

So what is this chip actually good for? Reading the spec thing is one thing but knowing a target market for the chip is another.

Back