MS Security; modded 360's banned from LIVE

Tap In

Legend
MS Security; bans modded X360's from LIVE

As you can imagine, we have a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to modded consoles connecting to LIVE.

We're very serious about this, and if we detect you have a modded Xbox then you will not be able to connect to Xbox Live. If you see this screen and get Status Code: Z: 8015 - 190D…that means your console has been banned.
We'll continue to enforce this rule to ensure the integrity of the service and protect our partners and users.

To the members of our community who play by the rules, thanks and we’ll see you on LIVE.
Keeping Xbox LIVE Fair

One of the great things about LIVE and the unified community is that we work hard to create a level playing field for all gamers and have a no tolerance policy towards inappropriate behavior like hacking or cheating. As part of our commitment to our members, we do not allow people that we have detected to have modified their console to connect to LIVE. This is an important part of our efforts to try and maintain a fair gaming environment for the large majority of gamers that play by the rules. This topic is more important than ever given the recent release of the Halo 3 beta.....We're very serious about this,

Is this surprising? Was this unknown? If you want Live then keep your Xbox 360 stock, its not hard, you knew about it and the only person you can whine to is yourself.

Not surprising but this bothers me somewhat. My dvd drive is broken and if the replacement laser doesnt work, im gonna have to replace the whole dvd drive and that involves "something" that microsoft might count as modding when I sure as hell have no intentions of pirating anything.

We'll just have to see then :???:

Not surprising but this bothers me somewhat. My dvd drive is broken and if the replacement laser doesnt work, im gonna have to replace the whole dvd drive and that involves "something" that microsoft might count as modding when I sure as hell have no intentions of pirating anything.

We'll just have to see then :???:

Why not just send it in to be fixed, I doubt it would be that much more then what drives are going for and I think they give you another warranty after they do any repairs

1. Im out of warranty
2. Warranty sticker is void (well that was a given :p )
3. If they think they can charge me $140 to fix something easy, I dont think so :rolleyes:

In regards to this and people that bought content from Live. There have been reports that those that upgraded to the 120GB lost the right to watch their videos and play their downloaded games unless they were signed into Live. And in the case of videos they couldn´t even watch those even if they were signed in.

Lets say someone modded his xbox and bought a 120gb drive, where would he stand legally if the things he purchased couldn´t be played anymore because of this lockout?

Lets say someone modded his xbox and bought a 120gb drive, where would he stand legally if the things he purchased couldn´t be played anymore because of this lockout?

he screwed himself

to be clear... "banning modders" is to stop the MP game cheaters and pirates from playing on LIVE, not stop innocent people form getting what's theirs.

Didn't MS brick modded systems with an update before (at least I seem to remember it)? It's not exactly news to anyone. Also between bricking and banning modded consoles I think banning them is a much better choice.

...Also between bricking and banning modded consoles I think banning them is a much better choice.

I agree.

HALO brings out the worst cheaters on LIVE so this timing seems just right for a new update (H3 beta) to what may be a moving target.

Didn't MS brick modded systems with an update before (at least I seem to remember it)? It's not exactly news to anyone. Also between bricking and banning modded consoles I think banning them is a much better choice.

Yeah I think this was also done with the XBOX1

978283815_d82d4048_im000897qt6.jpg

978283815_def25d0e_ms28001.jpg

978283815_4d87059b_ms28002.jpg

978283815_35a3a99a_ms28003.jpg

Will this cover those consoles that have modified firmware on DVD drive? Or just modchips?

Because IMO there is a LOT more consoles that are hacked in this way...

Highly unlikely scenario. IMHO.
Blame who complained about that, not me. The fishy update is the Fall 2006 one. You can still find articles and dig forum threads about it. Whether the cause was the update rather than a batch of faulty 360 or just plain FUD or not, I can't really say :)

Back