Gamers Day movies on GameTrailers

Shifty Geezer

uber-Troll!
Legend
This has been mentioned in the Gamers Day thread, but I think it needs a bigger announcement as it's relevant to a number of threads here. GameTrailers has the following vids...

Uncharted : Drakes Fortune - on-stage demo
Uncharted : Drakes Fortune - trailer
HS - Trailer
HS - On-stage demo
HS - Keeping lookout cutscene
Folklore - Trailer
Folklore - Developer walkthrough (2 parts)
R&C - On-stage demo
R&C - developer walkthrough
LBP - Trailer
EyeOfJudgement - Dev walkthrough
Pain - Trailer
Lair - Trailer
SOCOM Confrontation - Trailer
NBA 08 - Trailer
High Velocity Bowling (PSN download) - Trailer
MLB 07 : The Show - Trailer

I've only seen Drakes trailer so far. Nice!

Some of these games show soome superb attention to detail.

The visual quality is crazy in HS and Uncharted.

Even when the main character swings her blades nearby objects around her move from the air they create in HS.

Both HS and Uncharted show the most rich worlds I ve ever seen in a game. The shadows casted are very impressive. Water effects and animation almost near perfection

R&C also looks superb. There are tons of things moving on screen at once with rarely any signs of slowdown

Pain is a great showcase of physics :LOL: Looks like a very fun game. If I understood well the bigger the mayhem and the pain the character feels while you toss him to all kind of imaginable objects the more you win! Brilliant

Folklore looks great, although not as good as Uncharted, Rachet or HS but has a very beautiful art style

Lair is so meh in that trailer

Eye of Judgement is a very interesting and fun idea. Imagine Yu Gi Oh only this time its like playing it for real. I d love to have this game to play with friends :D

SOCOM looks just ok. Nothing spectacular. Its all about online. But I am not ineterested

LBR shows a prettty nice footage of some of the many things you can do for character customization. Beautiful

Havent checked any of the other games since I am not interested in sports

Overally Sony went full force and it doesnt dissapoint. If thats just a glimbse of the games we will see at E3 I ll buy 2 PS3's (not really:p )

Brilliant games!

Uncharted simply blows me away. IMHO it's the best looking console game period. Heavenly Sword and R&CF sure do look great as well.

SOCOM looks iffy, but for a PSN game at a reduced price it should be worth it.

Folklore looks great artistically and graphically, game play seems pretty interesting hopefully not too repetitive.

Lair is...Lair. I'll probably grab it anyways for the eye candy. Still looks amazing, but still not sold on the gameplay.

LBP, I can't wait. :D

Eye of Judgement, I'm more interested in the camera than the actual game. But the game does seem more polished than before.

Bowling, looks cool. I'd probably grab it for less than 10 dollars. Same with PAIN, looks funny as hell.

Folklore looked pretty generic and left a rather bland gameplay atmosphere. I don't want to judge it prematurely but given the short time in development (to be released in September) it could be rush job.

LBR was nice and cool as ever. The character customization seemed just awesome. Nice tune as well.

R&C looked really cool. Nice big levels. Loads of weapons. Big bosses. I was impressed with this one.

Pain was exactly marketed as I expected it to be. Definitely going after the Jackass audience. Funny trailer ( "Debauchery" Neo Con Journal :p) All I can say is "Sic gloria transit mundi!"

Uncharted looked really nice. I like the close-up action slow motion stuff. Graphics were really good. Nice environments, etc. Only downside was the rather bland on stage presentation with the marketing yadda yadda. Otherwise really nice.

There are videos and screenshots popping up in a number of places now, IGN, 1up et al. A lot of this stuff was playable too, and there hands on impressions and previews showing up aswell.

Gamespot has just put up a bunch of interviews here:

http://www.gamespot.com/events/scea07/videos.html?tag=onthespot;more

According to some guys at the show, they weren't really prepared for how much Sony had to show, so it might take them a while to get everything up.

I can't wait for direct feed footage of Uncharted, in particular..the gametrailers stuff is all off-screen, and even then it looks ridiculous. IGN's screenshots really make me want to see direct-feed.

I'm extremely impressed with Uncharted, I must admit that game caught me by surprise. The shadows are excellent. Very good use of camera angles too.

From the screenshots over on GameSpot it looks like there's no AA, but I can live with that given how good everything else looks. :D

I'm extremely impressed with this what Sony showed. It really makes me want to buy a PS3 and hopefully I'll have enough cash this fall when all these great titles come out. Heavenly sword and Uncharted looked freaking amazing.

The audio quality of the trailers on GT are pretty bad. I guess they are not direct feed. But otherwise I really like what I am seeing.

Wow... as a graphics whore I never thought I would say this but I don't much care if graphics get much better than this (especially Heavenly Sword and Uncharted)!!! For years I was in the persuit of better and better graphics, but am now satisfied that what the artists are trying to convey is being accurately represented on these games! Stunned!!! Can't wait for E3!!! No more hitting forum threads about crappy RSX or poor memory or fillrate for PS3 for me! :D

Rsx was beaten to crap so much that i have lost perspective the chip still is a G70 and not a cheap Nv40 like i started to think....

good to be brought back to reality

Uncharted looks extremely impressive even though some aspects need to be improved, such as denser vegetation and shadows on smaller foliage. However, the animation and the overall look of the game at this point more than covers for the small flaws.

Ratchet and Clank is another amazing one; fix up the grass billboards and they're good to go.

Heavenly Sword looks impressive but I hope they have the same army scenes that they showed off in the original trailer. The animation, models and lighting are very nice, but I hope they do fix up on some of the animations (I seem to remember one part where the main character was walking on air for a bit too long).

LBP not much to add to what was already said.

Eye of Judgement looks more interesting than before. The concept is still fresh and the implementation looks to be quite well done (as in the system is not finicky).

Folklore looks to be yet another promising title. I enjoy the graphics and the gameplay of it.

SOCOM: I understand that the game is supposed to be extremely big and the levels very large but I hope they can fix up the graphics in the game. That said, the large fanbase is probably enough to ensure that the game will meet success even without very good graphics. The franchise was never built on graphical prowess.

LAIR: Couldn't really see what was going on in the game as the footage was too dark. The first thing that came to mind was that the framerate seemed to be stable now and there is a lot more going on in the skies than previously shown. Maybe in the end we'll get the hundreds of dragons flying in the air that was shown in the original trailer.

Overall, Gamers Day 2007 has reaffirmed and/or brought new light to the power of the PS3 (as cliched as that may sound). The games on the horizon look very promising indeed. On the contrary, it may make gamers hold on on buying games now in hopes of saving for games shown at this event :LOL: Certainly for their sake they'll push out these games as soon as possible.

I'm disappointed that Heavenly Sword doesn't seem up to par with the best looking PS3 games. The bump-mapped details on the flat textures seem very obvious, and lots of things aren't very fleshed out polygonally. The bad guy's (forgot his name) armour, for instance, seems much less detailed than in that original tech demo.

Also, if you are reading this, Deano or anyone else from NT, the "idiot monster" (for lack of a better term) character needs a remodel. His bloated body bears little resemblance to flesh, and he really looks much less believable than the other characters.

Everything about Nariko looks great now, however.

And just to be clear, the game looks great; I just had very high expectations from the folk at Ninja Theory, hence this nitpicking.

Finally got to check them out :cool:

HS: nothing to say, because it pretty much had me speechless.

R&C: Never played one before, but certainly heard alot about it. Maybe now's the right time to pick up a title after seeing that presentation ;)

Pain looks fun. Might get old at some point, but initially it should be great!

Socom reminds me of Alliance: The Silent War, but not as good visually. Something for Socom fans atleast.

Lair: the monsters exploding to meat chunks was pretty funny :LOL: . Another great looking game, though im not into "flying" type of games :oops:

Uncharted just took me by surprise. I wasnt a fan back then because all I had to base the game on was the E3 trailer, but the demo and new trailer certainly changed my perspective for the better.

Not exactly drooling at the visuals (because i've seen better *runs* ), but its certainly nothing to complain about. The animation though... wow! :oops: facial and character animations that i've never seen in game before, definately a thumbs up.

Great event nonetheless. Way to serve the appetizers Sony! :D

Some nuch goodness. ^_^

I'm interspersing them in the relevant threads, as needed. While it's nice to flip through a whole stack, I find GameTrailers tends to be a bit of a mess as far as site design goes, and not everyone wants to search for EVERYthing...

Not that its "movies", but Jack Tretton has an interview on GT (3 parts;text)

I know not everything on it should be taken seriously, being a PR interview and all, but some info nonetheless :smile:

Uncharted looks awesome.... great lighting, textures and animation.

Still not sold on the gameplay as it's not my cup of tea, but looks really good. :oops:

Back