Intel Santa Rosa notebook platform launch

Geo

Mostly Harmless
Legend
Missed it? Yeah, it was yesterday. Don't feel bad tho, the reason you missed it was it was about as weak a launch for what has been a highly anticipated platform as I've seen in roughly. . . oh. . .maybe forever?

I mean, really. :cry:

I should add that my take here is as a consumer who has been eagerly waiting to buy one of these things since last fall, rather than as B3D staff.

At this point I nearly wonder if Microsoft is going to have to push back their July 1 Vista Premium requirements for notebooks. Here it is the middle of May and there is no sign of a mass of these things appearing in time for the due date.

Missed it? Yeah, it was yesterday. Don't feel bad tho, the reason you missed it was it was about as weak a launch for what has been a highly antipated platform as I've seen in roughly. . . oh. . .maybe forever?

I mean, really. :cry:

I should add that my take here is as a consumer who has been eagerly waiting to buy one of these things since last fall, rather than as B3D staff.

At this point I nearly wonder if Microsoft is going to have to push back their July 1 Vista Premium requirements for notebooks. Here it is the middle of May and there is no sign of a mass of these things appearing in time for the due date.

Yeah, I've been watching it rather closely. Sounds like June is when things will get interesting. Lenovo is supposedly releasing the t61p with a 8600 based quadro (the 570?) and higher res screen then. Apple should hopefully have a refresh for the macbook pro by then as well.

Nite_Hawk

Back