SquareEnix announces new titles (Star Ocean 4, The Last Remnant + more)

It's bad, but "catastrophic" is already taken by 360.

Back on topic, I was kinda dissapointed they didn't announced anything else on Wii.

You think so? I'd say there's a world of difference between what you'd expect X360 and PS3 to do in Japan. Xbox is at its expected level, PS3 is way under it...

Regarding the scale perhaps you don't realize how catastrophic the 360 is in Japan?

The two consoles have completely different goals and expectations in JPN.

360 sales are bad, but Japan has always beena lost cause for them, you can hardly call continued failure 'catostrophic'

PS3 on the other hand, has always thrived in JPN, getting outsold 8:1 by nintendo, is pretty damn horrible given it's history in that region.

Apples and oranges. If 360 was selling 50k/month, that would have to be considered a success really. For PS3 to do it, is completely underperforming.

PS3 problem in Japan is a bit hard to understand as the price is already lower than outside Japan. Golden week made hardly a blip on the radar with Sony only game launch for that period being Madden (EA)...... You have to wonder why Sony could not put out a better game for that week and let Nintendo with a free home run.

300px-FFDISSIDIALOGO.png

Dissidia will revolve around summons that were present in almost all FF games. Its so cool that they finally decided to put them in almost leading role in this game [they are gods in this "plane of existence"]. And few charachers from other FF games will be in it [most notably Warriors of Light and Garland from FF1 and Zidane Tribal and Kuja from FF9]

And they saed that genre of the game is "Action". I guess, they will release some more info on this weekend show...

That would be very interesting

Glad to see Amano's work too there in that pic. Or isnt that Amano's artwork?

Here are the news from Square party. Borrowed from GAF:

------------------
- Final Fantasy IV DS Official Site: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/ff4ds/
- Two demos for CCFFVII: One against Genesis, and one against Bahamut
- All FFXIII media are in the Closed Theatre
- "The 3rd birthday" is listed on the programming for the closed theatre... the mystery thickens
- FF4 DS trailer, but no game footage. Tokita is producing this time instead of Tanaka (rightfully so) and a professional animator is doing the storyboards
- FFCC Wii trailer, looks like Zelda
- FFXII International job classes are: Red, Black, White Mages, Knight, Monk, Breaker, Time Mage Warrior, Shikaree, Ulan, Samurai, Engineer, Archer
- DQIX trailer, looks great
- Crisis Core FFVII official release date in Japan: 13th Sept 2007
- FFVIIACC has no date yet
- Sephiroth is a playable character in Dissidia
- Parasite Eve 3 on Mobiles (FOMA)
- New FFXI Expansion: Althena's Holy Soldiers
- New Kingdom Hearts project is underway, but nothing revealed... until TGS
- FFXIII and Versus XIII trailers are extended versions of the Jump Festa ones, Agito's is all new
---------------------------

So far its good. Well see what will they show on second day...

Honestly, out of all the new announcements, I'm the most excited about the Star Ocean 1 & 2 remakes. Those are two classic JRPGs that have been totally under-appreciated in the US.

*resurrect*

GameTrailers has a small banner saying that there will be a "World Exclusive" footage of Last Remnant tonight on GameHead @1am

(could that mean earlier time for other timezones, directv users, etc? :LOL: )

Im guessing it might surface on online sites before it actually comes on GameHead. And ofc, it'll be up on GT soon enough ;)

Last Remnant - PS3 version Release Date TBA

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/899/899543p1.html

US, August 18, 2008 - Famitsu.com posted a correction today regarding a Last Remnant release date recently issued in one of its sister publications.

Famitsu PS3 Vol.XIII DKΣ3713 EX.Report, a special Japan-only magazine published by Enterbrain Mook, has the PS3 version of the multiplatform RPG listed as 11/20. This date is actually for the Xbox 360 version of the game. The PS3 version is still TBA, both in Japan and throughout the world.

This special publication from Enterbrain is full of new details regarding Final Fantasy XIII and other titles from the DKΣ3713 event, so expect to hear more from it shortly.

Who cares what date it is, its still coming to the Black Mammoth

Who cares ...

After reading all the recent reviews and hearing impressions form podcasts, I certainly don't ... I think this game is not for me. Particularly the 1up FM discussion this week, by someone who played the game from start to end (60+ hours) turned me off of the game probably for good.

The only question that remains for me now is how it got such high praise from Famitsu (10/10/9/9 iirc).

The only question that remains for me now is how it got such high praise from Famitsu (10/10/9/9 iirc).

Famitsu sorta sells its scores. I bitch a lot about game reviews, blah blah, but here they're really meaningless. They're essentially a hype barometer. I don't subscribe to Famitsu at all, but the advice I've seen is that if you want to know the meat of a game, pay attention to the multi-page previews in Famitsu, not the reviews.

Famitsu sorta sells its scores. I bitch a lot about game reviews, blah blah, but here they're really meaningless. They're essentially a hype barometer. I don't subscribe to Famitsu at all, but the advice I've seen is that if you want to know the meat of a game, pay attention to the multi-page previews in Famitsu, not the reviews.

Well, either it works, or it aligns with Japanese tastes, because the game has sold 100.000 copies on 360 this first week (according to Media Create).

Well, either it works, or it aligns with Japanese tastes, because the game has sold 100.000 copies on 360 this first week (according to Media Create).

Not really a shocker, is it? A Square-Enix game doing well on its first week in Japan? Especially after Tales of Vesperia did 101k? It does align with Japanese tastes to a fair extent.

Back