[360] Splinter Cell: Conviction

Good point but this isn't the first time some clown “quotedâ€￾ a dev from what he said in a mag and it turned out to be ain’t what was said in the mag.

It wouldn't be the first time that somebody quoted a dev and it turned out to be correct as well.

It's the same when PS3 developers say their game is impossible on 360 while in reality it (most probably) is possible. These are just PR statements, you shouldn't care about them all that much.
Exactly. And when Conviction's sequel hits the PS3 as well as the X360 and looks the same on both, these kinds of comments will be even more obviously worthless.

AO light/shadow global system will not be used for stealth gameplay? Wtf? Is this SC or a 3rd person action crossover? I'm going to miss sneaking around. Although if they take a route more akin to metal gear solid I'd be happy.
Ubi seems to think that the sneaking in the dark gameplay was pretty well tappen by the 4 first SC games. I'm not sure they're right, but I think they very well could be. SC games were good, but they were getting stale for two reasons: the gameplay was evolving only slowly and Sam was an uninteresting character. They changed both gameplay and Sam's depth in order to make SC fresh again. IMO, both had to happen if either happened.

Too, I would be more upset if the prospect of being Jason Bourne-ish wasn't so darn appealling.

Seems like people want this story to be true. What I dont get, is if it is, why bring out Assassin's Creed on PS3 aswell?

first the lighting and now the animation system looks like it's going to be very robust.

thanks for the link

How do you know which translation is correct though?

I was just reading the magazine and the 3d-programmer Stephen Hill says that, had the game also be coming to PS3 they would have had to simplify the lighting model heavily. He adds however that, had the game been a PS3 exclusive it's unknown to him what sort of end result they would have had. It does give you an impression that focusing only on one platform is the main reason for the higher quality.

The guy is only talking about the benefits of developing only on one platform, he does not say negative things about PS3. That's the correct translation.

The guy is only talking about the benefits of developing only on one platform, he does not say negative things about PS3. That's the correct translation.

Thank you. I guess I should read the whole thread before posting.;)

Hopefully we'll get some SC footage in the evening.:smile:

Darkon, a random poster on PS3forums is not exactly the most reliable source of information i have seen.

A random poster who happens to be from Finland and speaks finnish and understands it when this whole thing was taken out of a finnish magazine called Pelaaja? Whatever floats your boat. ;)

But other than that I do agree with you, random poster is never the most reliable source of information but somehow the rumors always seem to start from there and then its endless battle.

A random poster who happens to be from Finland and speaks finnish and understands it when this whole thing was taken out of a finnish magazine called Pelaaja? Whatever floats your boat. ;)

Somebody that speaks finnish had to translate it for the other websites to begin with. So we got 2 random finnish guys who have translated differently.

And both have motive to lie (one is a fanboy, other one needed something sensational to sell to the websites)

:D :D :D :D

Here is the First Ingame Footage :

http://www.xboxyde.com/news_4378_en.html

Dling it now ;)

The physics and fighting need some tweaking. He essentially throws three guys in a row to kill them, do they have brittle bones? One guy he knocks to the floor after missing him with what looks like a cardboard box.

The crowd sequence is pretty cool, but again with the throwing kill. Does no one at the park see the bum killing the guard?

Edit: I had to re-watch it a few times to figure out what was going on in the first half.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, that looks good. Viggo from History of Violence anyone? :LOL:

The walking animation + collision detection looks pretty robust.

video is hard to see but anyone worried that the sneaking was gone from the series need not worry ;)

also, as crappy as that video quality is, it is still a reasonable look at those referenced lighting and shadowing techniques.

Best thing about this game, imo is that you don't have to restart the level every time something bad happens. When i play these games normally, if an alarm goes of, you restart most of the time, but seems more possible to enjoy the game even with them chasing you

Back