What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
How quickly they forget! :(

I started Diablo III on Friday (after finishing Van Helsing a couple of weeks ago), and my impression so far is that Diablo III >>>> Van Helsing. (I've just played through the five acts once as a Wizard and done a bounties run, and started a Witch Doctor in Adventure Mode for half an hour today)

There are a couple of things that Van Helsing does better, like clicking makes you move to where you've clicked (unlike DIII where you just move in that direction), and you can have your companion pick up stuff for you. But DIII is just more fun! I can't quite put my finger on why. The loot is better? A single decent piece of loot will make you alter your skill set-up and completely change your play style? Perhaps it's the feeling of rampaging power.

I can see Diablo III taking up a lot of my time over the next few months. I've already developed mouse elbow in my right arm, so I'm mousing left-handed for non-games!

I also liked Diablo 3 a lot. It is a fantastic game and makes really lots of fun. But imo Van Helsing is very good as well...but then I really do love those action RPGs. Van Helsing also features this humour, which is somehow really funny...
But I do miss this thrill of finding a golden legendary, which completely outdoes my current gear :)

Btw, I played both with gamepad...and both have an excellent control scheme.

I am a bit in fear, because I heard that VH has a lot of game breaking bugs...

The console version is all paddy. But the game was (apparently) significantly rebalanced and slightly adjusted to make allowances for it.

There's a demo on 360/PS3/One/PS4 which is worth trying, IMO, but I don't think I'll double-dip. It would be nice to have paddage added to the PC version, though, even if it's kept separate from the kb/m version.

The console version is all paddy. But the game was (apparently) significantly rebalanced and slightly adjusted to make allowances for it. There's a demo on 360/PS3/One/PS4 which is worth trying, IMO, but I don't think I'll double-dip. It would be nice to have paddage added to the PC version, though, even if it's kept separate from the kb/m version.

I heard that the new D3 PS4 version is quite different than the old gen versions...

Finished Van Helsing...really liked it, very solid game (had no bug, only one crash to desktop) and super fun. Best thing imo: you could basically re-skill for free all the time.

Nice!

Now, maybe I start right away with VH2.

Do games CTD on you often? I can't remember the last time a non-modded game did that to me. At least a couple years. Stability is one of the reasons I stopped playing console games. Fucking Xbox 360 would freeze on me every few hours. And all my friends that had one ended up with Three Red Lights, some of them 3 or 4 times! Never happened to me since I sold the thing before it expired :devilish:

Only time I've CTD'd in years is modded games or overclocking too high.

Fable III, after playing Fable the Anniversary. Sadly Fable 1 looks better with the update, no annoying post processing/ blur filter and texture aliasing like with Fable III. However as people who have played Fable III know, it's quite easy to make a ton of money, although somewhat annoying, doing the pie maker, weapon maker etc jobs, i.e mashing buttons in time like guitar hero. Fable the Anniversary edition is even more consolized than fable III btw, you have to use the keyboard to navigate the menu. Both are still fun for me, however, despite their flaws.

Do games CTD on you often? I can't remember the last time a non-modded game did that to me. At least a couple years. Stability is one of the reasons I stopped playing console games. Fucking Xbox 360 would freeze on me every few hours. And all my friends that had one ended up with Three Red Lights, some of them 3 or 4 times! Never happened to me since I sold the thing before it expired :devilish:

To be honest, this was the the first ctd since a long time. I had more troubles with BF4 when it launched...it crashed on several maps quite often back then...other than that, PC gaming is mostly stable. But in comparison to consoles: I can't recall when a console game crashed, my impression is that console games are much more stable...but to be honest, I never counted problems :D

I directly fired up Van Helsing 2...but figured, I need a break first to get back.

I am also thinking about buying the new Borderlands...but it seems that this time the classes are quite weird. I read through the character sheets and there seems to be no dedicated sniper class?

I am also thinking about buying the new Borderlands...but it seems that this time the classes are quite weird. I read through the character sheets and there seems to be no dedicated sniper class?

Why would you want them to duplicate Zero? Would be kinda boring. I'd rather them try something different for classes.

Started playing last night with my brother. It is of course super fun like all Borderlands games. However I don't know if I picked the right character (gunslinger lady). I don't find any of her skills all that interesting. My brother picked Wilhelm and he seems super fun with his drones flying around and stuff.

Why would you want them to duplicate Zero? Would be kinda boring. I'd rather them try something different for classes.

I played Mordecai in first BL and Zero in second BL...both snipers, both different...so no problem in theory to have another sniper based character with new skills :cool:

XCOM has given me a couple of CTDs as well as some in-game glitches that required exiting the game (including one that made the save uncontinuable - thankfully not an Iron Man save!). I used to think Ubisoft games were buggy, but XCOM took the cake! (267 hours played, still one of my favourite games!)

After the good experience I had with sleeping dogs I started playing GTA4 and honestly I don't know why GTA is so popular. It is not a very good game. The world is pretty much dead, there is nothing to do and you don't run into (side) missions. You have to use that stupid phone all the time and most of your time you spend driving from point A to B trying to avoid the retarded AI.

Oh and vsync locked at 56fps... WTF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back