What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started playing Fallout New Vegas last night and so far it's fun. Only thing is I shouldn't have installed it on my SSD because the loading times are so fast I can't read the tips it shows on the loading screens, and apparently there is some fairly useful information there. :???:
Ya it does loud pretty quick on an ssd, but not quite as fast since I upped the ugrids to 9, from 7 in addition to having a bunch of UHQ texture packs installed. The texture aliasing bugs me though if I look too closely, prettty sure it's an engine issue as games that use the same engine also suffer from it. It does kind of run bad for how it looks though, I usually get around 40 fps on an Oced 7850 with 4x FSAA and 16AF at 1440P, with a few slow downs at times, it didn't do it stock though, the graphic mods I have make it run much worse.

My char is a level 25~ with Energy weapons maxed with speech, science and sneak close behind. I use the Gauss rifle and while the damage is good I don't like that the "magazine" only holds one MF cell. Don't have another gun anywhere close to the DPS of it though.

Farcry 3 here after the advice of some on this forum. And yeah, it really is as good as the hype. Awesome game, basically assassins creed in the jungle with a first person view and vehicles + a healthy dose of Crysis 1 style "invent your own approach" gameplay. The mix couldn't really get much better. If Farcry 4 is more of the same then I'm already sold.

Far Cry 3's "invent your approach" gameplay is taken from Far Cry 2 and Far Cry 1, and so does Crysis 1.

Far Cry 2 was a rotting abortion picked out of the garbage at the clinic after a few weeks and sold for $60. But Far Cry 3 was pretty damn great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rancid & I are playing Borderlands 1 co-op. It's my first time & at least his 2nd. Probably move onto Crackdown 2 after that, then Destiny after that. We're trying to finish our co-op backlog before moving onto to the next-gen. Might try a few more, but they would need to be titles neither of us gave played.

Tommy McClain

Last edited by a moderator:
Dungeon of the Endless.

Indie game that is just too addictive for words. It's a Rogue-like game that features RPG elements, Loot collection elements, Tower Defense, Resource management, and Research. Too good.

Regards,
SB

Left 4 Dead 2. Good for killing stress and light enough to be played on my tablet 30-60fps :D

other than that, the expendabros, FEZ, and Thomas Was Alone.

Batman Arkham City done. Very Good game. Asylum was good too. I won't try the third one, the critics are not good wih it. But I can't wait for the 2015 one.

I'll start CoH 2 pretty soon.

halfway!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM-sb0QzoPk

a cross between xcom and the adventurer horrors of old (limited ammo and lots of zombies.)

the battle system is basically an identical copy of the current xcom game, but everything is in nice 2D, where the challenge isn't IF you're going to kill your shipmates turned zombies, but with WHAT?

looks like Zettai Hero Project but with much serious tone and pretier graphic+sound. does it have a demo...

No demos as far as I can see.
The dev has a nice website set up where you can see the game dev and mod tools available ([ur]http://robotality.com/blog/[/url]) and the game is low-cost enough for me right now (€12.99) to warrant an immediate buy.

It's definitely more challenging than xcom though so I'm actually wanting to progress because I need more squadmates. only 2 guys for all the roles is not enough :p

Well I started playing Tomb Raider, about 7h played so far. It's very good imo, surprisingly gory :) Gameplay and levels feel solid and the graphics are pretty good. TressFX, max details with 4xSSAA at 1440p is too much for my 2 780Tis @1200Mhz. I dropped TressFX and SSAA to 2x and now it's smooth. I haven't played any of the older Tomb Raiders.

Well I started playing Tomb Raider, about 7h played so far. It's very good imo, surprisingly gory :) Gameplay and levels feel solid and the graphics are pretty good. TressFX, max details with 4xSSAA at 1440p is too much for my 2 780Tis @1200Mhz. I dropped TressFX and SSAA to 2x and now it's smooth. I haven't played any of the older Tomb Raiders.

TressFX is one of the best effects in the game IMO, I'd much sooner drop the SSAA in favour of FXAA, especially if you're already playing at 1440p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back