What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep, SD is a little incomplete but still waaaayyyy above average. sadly, work has got me pinned atm so i'm only finding time for Top Eleven (non-fifa-licensed manager browser game). ^^; it's not perfect but it reminds me to take breaks.

I started playing Bioshock Infinite couple days ago. Only about 4h in, but it seems very enjoyable so far. I finished Darksiders 2 and Arkham City somewhat recently. I liked them, but felt that first iteration in both series was better.

Hearthstone

It's a great card game particularly for card game newbies like myself. Also free to play and not pay to win. As usual with blizzard the production values are high as is the overall quality.

I've sank a fair few hours in and it's certainly part of my regular rotation now. I still haven't made any purchases beyond spending gold I've earned just by playing and completing daily quests.

I think the design is really very good for casual players like myself, especially in the way that the complexities of deck building, crafting cards etc. is available but never forced on you.

Above all it's a hell of a lot of fun. Good for a 15 minute session or several hours. Theory-crafting while building your decks, trying it out against real players, tweaking it with a card here and there to counter stuff you face a lot... it's all very enjoyable.

If I was super competitive I'd look at deck-lists online and learn popular decks so I could both use them and understand the players I face who also use them. It's nice to know that extra depth is there if I wanted it, but right now I'm happy cooking up my own. Thanks to great matchmaking I still have good games against fair opponents.

F2P really doesn't do it for me in a lot of ways, but this seems to be F2P done right. It actually makes more sense as an F2P title than a paid one.

Yep, awesome game. The engine seems to struggle sometime even on a r290 in some situations, but yeah.

Finished SD last week, really enjoyable game. Bought it during the steam sale even though initially I didn't plan on buying it as I don't like sandbox games that much and the game didn't really grab me looking at video's.

That said, the world is kinda dead. There are enough things to do but it all feels a bit disconnected. I also felt the main story line is rather short and ends abruptly.

Still, I payed 5 bucks and it took me 37 hours to finish so not a bad deal at all.

PS. The game runs fine on my R9 290, I noticed only 1 or 2 obvious framedrops.

I'm now playing Metro Last Light. Bought the game quite a while ago but as it didn't exactly run great on my 560ti I decided to hold off on it for a while.

Great looking game with a great atmosphere, just like the first game. However enemies/ai in this game sucks balls. The monsters just try to hump you all the time which is really goddamn annoying and human enemies are simply blind. As long as you stay in the dark you can jump up and down right in front of them and they won't notice you.

I just finished Mirror's edge a little while ago. Very nice game. The combat, especially the shooting part is a bit annoying. And it was a bit short.
Just finished the main story of Batman AC. Very nice. I haven't played the first one (asylum?) since I don't have it.... maybe on the next steam sale. Anyway, the Riddler thing is a bit annoying. Need less of those thing.
After this, I might try to finish Guacamelee(?) and probably continue playing Tomb Raider.
Anyway, while playing Mirror's Edge, I don't know that the default for PhysX(?) is on, thus the first time the effect run in full force (when running away after meeting her sister), it became a slide show. I thought something was broken in my hardware.

Finished SD last week...l.

PS. The game runs fine on my R9 290, I noticed only 1 or 2 obvious framedrops.

Well it's not really framedrops, but kind of stuttering in some situations. I'll play with Vsync / dynamic v-sync settings and frame rate limite to see if it changes things. It's mostly during "cinematics". On foot gameplay is fine.

Well it's not really framedrops, but kind of stuttering in some situations. I'll play with Vsync / dynamic v-sync settings and frame rate limite to see if it changes things. It's mostly during "cinematics". On foot gameplay is fine.

Try setting a fps cap with MSI Afterburner to the refresh rate of your monitor (or a bit below). That improves stuttering in many games when vsync is enabled in my experience..

Try setting a fps cap with MSI Afterburner to the refresh rate of your monitor (or a bit below). That improves stuttering in many games when vsync is enabled in my experience..

Already have vsync + fps limite at 60.

Still some weird fps issue during the cut scenes... But in games it's ok so...

I finished Bioshock Infinite yesterday, Steam clock says I put 20h into it. What a great game it was...Basic gameplay wasn't imo the best in the series, but the story was pretty damn good. Having Elisabeth running around was a welcome addition compared to the previous games.

I finished Sleeping Dogs. Awesome game, love the city and the hand to hand fights. Hope SD2 will be a direct sequel.

Now, it's time for TWD S02EP04.

There's going to be a Sleeping Dogs 2? I really enjoyed almost every aspect of SD, fantastic game, especially for the price when I eventually bought it.

Well my gaming tastes must be changing or perhaps I'm getting tired of sequel number 4, 5 and 6 because while I've finished a bunch of AAA games this year so far my favorite game all year is....

http://store.steampowered.com/app/253110/

...The Cat Lady. Yes The Cat Lady, a game most people will totally overlook. What a game, it's interesting, different, creepy, good characters, good story, unique art style and a *must* to play if you are into point and click adventures. It doesn't use a typical interface, it's all 2d with arrow keys being the interface but it works well. Great stuff, it's so nice to play something fresh and interesting for a change!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back