What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, I am still not tired of Crysis 1, but others.......

Yeah, I still load up Crysis if I'm in the mood for some pure FPS fun. It also has spectacular graphics even 6 years after release.

Did you ever play the Crysis 1 multiplayer? (actually I think it was Crysis Wars that I got into, the MP component of Crysis Warhead but basically the same as Crysis 1 MP) It was crazy fun. Think Battlefield with nanosuits :oops:.Too bad it never got a big following. The multiplayer of Crysis 2 is a joke in comparison.

Finished Far Cry 3 and Bioshock Infinite back to back. Far Cry 3 was awesome, if you liked Crysis 1 then it's definitely worth playing. Bioshock Infinite I thought was epic with an awesome ending, great stuff! Playing Lost Planet 3 now but I don't think this one will hold my interest long. Playing some Brothers as well which is very cool so far, and will probably bounce to Outlast and The Raven after that along with some indie games to get my indie fix.

Planetscape Torment.
I know its supposed to be one of the best games ever but I'm not enjoying it it seems like such a chore.

Finished Far Cry 3 and Bioshock Infinite back to back. Far Cry 3 was awesome, if you liked Crysis 1 then it's definitely worth playing. Bioshock Infinite I thought was epic with an awesome ending, great stuff!

Good to hear as those two and Batman Arkham City are the next games I'll be starting shortly. :)

About the Crysis games. I think Crysis 2 is very under-appreciated. I think it was much better than the third and was actually quite good and well made game. There wasn't really anything I liked in the third... It felt cheap and miniscule, a b-team effort, scaled back due to the second game not selling as much as they wanted.

Good to hear as those two and Batman Arkham City are the next games I'll be starting shortly. :)

I'll say that so far I think Far Cry 3 has been the game that has most tested my 2 670 gpu's. I was able to run the game at 60fps, but man the fans on the 670's were howling! I could even hear them from behind the closet door. I'm playing Kingdoms of Amalur now and by contrast the gpus on that game are basically asleep.

About the Crysis games. I think Crysis 2 is very under-appreciated. I think it was much better than the third and was actually quite good and well made game. There wasn't really anything I liked in the third... It felt cheap and miniscule, a b-team effort, scaled back due to the second game not selling as much as they wanted.

I liked Crysis 2. It's main problem was that it was following Crysis 1 which I thought was just so damn good, so there was little chance of a city version of Crysis being able to impress more. Never did play Crysis 3 mostly because it's not on Steam, and that's all I use for gaming nowadays.

Planetscape Torment.
I know its supposed to be one of the best games ever but I'm not enjoying it it seems like such a chore.

yeah... as good as the writing gets, those games still show their roots in SSI gold box games way too clearly. the basic gameplay is really, really grueling. it takes a while just to decide where to place your tanks during hard fights, and those are the fun parts. usually you're just spending forever moving your party to the front lines.

Crysis 3 had a massive 65 million dollar budget actually. Yerli disclosed that much while he was on a Gamespot podcast. If that kind of cash really cannot buy you more than a 5 hour campaign, then AAA development is indeed in some very deep shit.

I have just finished Tomb Raider. It starts off a bit slow (and with a few too many quicktime events) but it is a cracking game. I haven't enjoyed a single player game that much for years. It reminds me a lot of TR2. Best £6.99 I ever spent.

Crysis 3 had a massive 65 million dollar budget actually. Yerli disclosed that much while he was on a Gamespot podcast. If that kind of cash really cannot buy you more than a 5 hour campaign, then AAA development is indeed in some very deep shit.

:oops: wow that sounds really high for it. I couldn't find any numbers for the second game.

Yeah, I still load up Crysis if I'm in the mood for some pure FPS fun. It also has spectacular graphics even 6 years after release.

Did you ever play the Crysis 1 multiplayer? (actually I think it was Crysis Wars that I got into, the MP component of Crysis Warhead but basically the same as Crysis 1 MP) It was crazy fun. Think Battlefield with nanosuits :oops:.Too bad it never got a big following. The multiplayer of Crysis 2 is a joke in comparison.

No, somehow never got into Crysis 1 MP, though I do remember playing one or two matches , I think, but not enough to really get it. I was too absorbed with the SP to ever go into MP. The way you mention it, I should have dived into it.

I liked Crysis 2. It's main problem was that it was following Crysis 1 which I thought was just so damn good, so there was little chance of a city version of Crysis being able to impress more. Never did play Crysis 3 mostly because it's not on Steam, and that's all I use for gaming nowadays.

Feels like Crysis 1 should be the sequel to Crysis 2. Maybe if you played the second one first it wouldn't seems so bad :smile:. The storylines are so different it wouldn't even matter in that regard.

No, somehow never got into Crysis 1 MP, though I do remember playing one or two matches , I think, but not enough to really get it. I was too absorbed with the SP to ever go into MP. The way you mention it, I should have dived into it.

It was loads of fun. Sneaking around a gigantic map to finally infiltrate a lightly guarded outpost and murder the lone guy guarding it to take it over is a huge feeling. Also the vehicle play was easily as fun as battlefield if not more. With the nanosuit, infantry wasn't so hopelessly defenseless against vehicles, but a tank or heli still felt powerful in the right hands. Good stuff.

I'm toward the end of Black Flag and it's getting kind of... trippy. WTF why can't this just be a game about pirates?
I think an alien just tried to invade my character's brain or something lol.

A friend at work just started playing Assassin's Creed and started with Black Flag. I informed him that none of it will make sense unless you start from the beginning. He is doing just that.

My wife and I just started playing Witcher 2 Assassin of Kings after I just finished AC Brotherhood.

Wow, what an impressive game. The graphics are miles ahead of the original and most other games around still. Unfortunately I can't play it at full detail in eyefinity resolution on my 7870 2Gb but the 3 screens is too much to give up to go for higher detail single screen. I can still push high quality though with Large textures at 5040x1050.

Quite good storytelling so far and beautiful in-engine cutscenes.

A friend at work just started playing Assassin's Creed and started with Black Flag. I informed him that none of it will make sense unless you start from the beginning. He is doing just that.

Lucky guy, there isn't a game in the series that isn't awesome. The first is accused of being a bit repetitive but the locations and pure gameplay easily make up for that.

Kingdoms of Amalur - Many quests. Much Walk.

Yeah just stopped playing that one. Got it for a few bucks on the Steam sale a week or so ago and played about 10 hours, or about 2/3rd of the way through. There is definitely a lot of walking. Fun game, but didn't feel compelled to finish it.

I did just finish Gunpoint which was very cool, now playing Brothers.

Yeah just stopped playing that one. Got it for a few bucks on the Steam sale a week or so ago and played about 10 hours, or about 2/3rd of the way through. There is definitely a lot of walking. Fun game, but didn't feel compelled to finish it.

I did just finish Gunpoint which was very cool, now playing Brothers.

Curious about your verdict about Brothers' famous last moments. There was a shit ton of hype about the way the game intertwined gameplay with story telling at one specific point (and as a result it appeared on lots of top-10 lists last year), but it didn't feel particularly revelatory to me. "Kinda cute" were basically my thoughts. No more. No less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back