What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep your receipt for the 780s so you can price match, their prices are supposed to be slashed soon in response to Amd's new cards.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

I've been quiet for a while, been doing a lot of stuff in my personal life lately. However, I wanted to post to let people know I'm still alive (anyone I'm friends with on Steam will verify I still exist), I also wanted to share that on Friday I upgraded my rig. I bought a Sandy Bridge E i7 3930k and two GTX 780's. My current cards are almost shot, the Fermi line is terrible with heat, and one of them is experiencing a 25 degree difference in temperature. So I decided to upgrade, but didn't want to bottleneck so I grabbed a new CPU, also. There's a lot of promising games coming out that I'm really looking forward to, I wanted to be ready for the next gen stuff. I've been playing the BF4 beta, and it runs like crap on my current setup. I'm also highly anticipating Watch_Dogs. That kinda fell off my radar for a bit, but the closer it comes to release the more I anticipate it. I'm looking forward to maxing out Far Cry 3 and having an awesome frame rate, so that'll probably be one of the first games I reinstall when my new system is built.

That's a sweet new rig! I do have to say that I don't think the old 2600K would be much of a bottleneck even for twin 780s :smile:

Finally finished Skyrim, that one took me a while but wasn't in a huge hurry to finish it. Also finished Tomb Raider, totally awesome game! Looks really nice as well. Now on to Xcom....

That's a sweet new rig! I do have to say that I don't think the old 2600K would be much of a bottleneck even for twin 780s :smile:

Thanks, man! I was in the mood for a new CPU, so I figured I'd buy one while I was in the process of upgrading. Socket type is different, so I had to order a new motherboard and aftermarket CPU fan. I'm looking forward to a lot of titles coming out, namely The Witcher 3, and just wanted to be ready for them :)

Dr Evil said:
Yeah sounds like a sweet rig. Which 780s are those BTW and any further details on the components/rig are welcome Dresden!

Thanks dude! I'll link the hardware I ordered:

CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_-

GPU's: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_-

Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_-

Started playing Star Conflict after trying War Thunder from the same company.
It's interesting, not sure how much of a pay 2 win it is though..

It's still beyond me why you would want to give experienced players better weapons & ships, why do you want to increase the difference between new and old players linearly ?
It just makes it harder for beginners and feel worse...
In all logic, experienced players know controls better, maps better, and so on, and should have penalties to compensate that, not having something that makes them even harder to beat...
(Or got back to everyone equal like in Quake 2 MP/Quake 3 Arena)

I dunno anything about the game you're referring to, Roderic, but I agree that this is a balance issue which continually annoys me. Most games -- especially in the online space and doubly in the f2p space -- reward people who are obsessive about the game. Sure, it's to a degree inevitable (in that those most devoted to a game usually learn the intricacies first, find the best rate of return for investments etc), but some go so far out of their way to reward people for having been around that it feels almost foolish to pick up any competitive online game after beta (or even alpha in some cases).

Of course they would get blowback from such players if they didn't; I imagine they understand the market better than I -- but it's wack game design.

Just finished the first two episodes of the walking dead. I heard it was good but man I'm having a great time. It's more a story than a game but fortunately the story is really good!

Just finished the first two episodes of the walking dead. I heard it was good but man I'm having a great time. It's more a story than a game but fortunately the story is really good!

Loved that game! I recently finished the add-on called 400 Days as well which was ok. It was a bit too short to get connected to the characters and I ended up finishing it in one sitting which is rare for me.

I'm actually now playing...Devil May Cry. Bought it on a whim and expected to hate, but I'm actually liking it so far. Go figure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved that game! I recently finished the add-on called 400 Hours as well which was ok. It was a bit too short to get connected to the characters and I ended up finishing it in one sitting which is rare for me.

I'm actually now playing...Devil May Cry. Bought it on a whim and expected to hate, but I'm actually liking it so far. Go figure.

Now I am really shocked...!

PS: I also liked DMC quite a bit

Since the pc games forum is a bit slow
I have a folder that I copy my unfinished games shortcuts to to make them easier to find
I have quite a few games to finish I keep getting distracted

I scored a copy of Saint's Row 4 with my 7950. It's fair to say I haven't been this addicted to a game in recent history. First Saint's Row game I've really tried (spent about a minute in SR3 but got distracted).

Long story short: Saint's Row 4 is fun as hell, go play it now. :)

btw I'm actually playing it on my GTX670 and it stays locked at 60Hz @1080p max settings, so it's definitely not one of those naughty IHV partnerships like Batman or Assassin's Creed.

You really should play Saints Row The Third as well. IV is basically a direct sequel, and an awful lot of jokes assume you are familiar with it.

I noticed that, but it hasn't bothered me. Just found Johnny Gat... man this guy is a badass! :LOL:

I do have SR3, think I picked it up in a Humble Bundle. I'll give it another shot once I'm done with 4.

I never got the fascination with Gat (both when it comes to the fans and the rest of the characters in the game). He's pretty much an obnoxous, one-note, dumb-ass, and far and away the least compelling character of the bunch. However, given the assuredness of the writing in that game, I almost suspect that was an entirely deliberate choice.

I think the big issue you're going to have if you play SRIV before The Third is the lack of super powers in the latter.

Oh dang, the superpowers are what I love about SR4. They make a great game into a holyshit awesome game.

Back to playing Mass Effect 3. I'm really loving the Citadel DLC, too :) It's like a giant thank you to fans of the genre, and has a number of really fantastic lines from a number of different characters.

Are there any good and semi-modern lesser known RPGs out there? I have a hard time finding good RPGs. The last good one I played was Dragon Age 2, which to my surprise I found to be excellent.

Davros.. one does not simply stop playing XCom: Enemy Unkown halfway through the game.

I am disappoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back