What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to playing BF3. Got a new gtx 780. Didn't realize it'd be such a huge upgrade from my gtx580.

Went from 40fps at high settings with no AA, no hboa, no motion blur to 60fps+ with everything maxed out. The card overclocks stupidly well also.

1254mhz core and 7000mhz in RAM and it says less than 70 degrees.

Finished Saints Row IV. Gloriously silly, yet incredibly clever game. The game throws gallons of shit at the wall, and amazingly enough, most of it actually sticks.

What are the differences compared to Saints Row 3? Some of the footage I saw on youtube had exactly same activities as SR3.

Been playing a ton of Terraria w the wife, who likes it better than minecraft due to the simpler combat/presentation/controls. 2d does lend a rather elegant feel, and local lan play is simply awesome. I missed proper PC gaming!

Back to playing BF3. Got a new gtx 780. Didn't realize it'd be such a huge upgrade from my gtx580.

I thought about getting one as well, not because I need it because my gaming pc has been the same hardware for quite a while now that I've been itching to just change something already. But I'll wait, the old 670 still seems to run all my pending games maxed out anyways.

Still playing The Cave. Yeah it takes me forever to finish stuff, I just don't play a whole lot anymore. I'm about half way through it, clever game. Also got Thomas Was Alone for the heck of it, it's cute. Got my eye on Kentucky Route Zero just because it looks so different. And this month is supposed to be when Pinball Arcade is finally released, can't wait!

I think the 670 is a decent upgrade from a 580 and should OC nicely.

If you wait a little, rumor is there will be an "ultra" version of the Titan and a GTX785 equivalent to counter AMD's Hawaii.

I think the 670 is a decent upgrade from a 580 and should OC nicely.

If you wait a little, rumor is there will be an "ultra" version of the Titan and a GTX785 equivalent to counter AMD's Hawaii.

I think I'm ok for now, normally I use two 670's in sli but I repo'd one to use in a video render box for a little while. Now that I got Metro Last Light though I took that 670 back, and now the gaming pc is back to full strength with twin 670s. The urge to upgrade came about more from boredom than anything, just cuz my gaming pc hardware is so old now that I had the itch to change it.

What are the differences compared to Saints Row 3? Some of the footage I saw on youtube had exactly same activities as SR3.

The two are surprisingly different actually. The super powers you get in SRIV are a total game changer. Who needs cars when you can run faster than them without sacrificing on-foot agility? And who needs jets when you can basically fly? This aspect actually had me a bit worried because it obviously renders a significant chunk of your typical open-world gameplay redundant, but to my surprise the jumping and running never really got old for me.
I think Jeff Gerstman described the game rather succinctly: Volition made lewd Crackdown.

PLayed some Dead Space 3 again, the Screen Space reflections are super cool: a taste of Killzone shadow fall on ps4. Best part is that the PC version doesn't seem like just a port, they have added a lot of effects and options for the pc version.
What does the light accumulation option do? I have set them all to high and the game workds fine on max even on my 4850.

Finished Farcry Blood Dragon, was cool. Started playing Metro Last Light, so far it's really really good! One of the better shooters I've played in a while. Played a little Tomb Raider as well. It's ok so far, it doesn't really feel like a Tomb Raider game, it's more like you are playing set pieces in a movie, the sense of adventure and puzzle solving isn't really there for me yet. But it's ok I guess, looks pretty at least. Playing Grid 2 as well, definitely a departure from the first. It's ok....although I'm starting to suspect that I may finally be officially bored of the driving game genre.

Finished Farcry Blood Dragon, was cool. Started playing Metro Last Light, so far it's really really good! One of the better shooters I've played in a while. Played a little Tomb Raider as well. It's ok so far, it doesn't really feel like a Tomb Raider game, it's more like you are playing set pieces in a movie, the sense of adventure and puzzle solving isn't really there for me yet. But it's ok I guess, looks pretty at least.

Oh boy! I wish I could erase my memory and replay those games!

PS: how far into TR are you? After a while it opens a bit and you could also find the hidden tombs which need some puzzle solving...

I've been playing Dragon Age 2 for about 17 hours and I'm liking it. No complaints really, I don't even mind the camera anymore as I feel I can see enough even without the isometric view. I'm not claiming it's as good as the first one, but certainly 8 dollars well spent!

I quite liked it as well. I also think they've made more than just a couple of improvements, particularly to the combat. Last but not least, the mages vs. templars quarrel that's the focus of DA2 was vastly more interesting than the tired save-the-world framing device in the first game (although the "look, he's a blood mage after all, who'd have thought" plot device was severly overused). I think Bioware is pretty good at handling "smaller scale" dilemmas but the team absolutely sucks when it comes to being "epic".

PS: how far into TR are you? After a while it opens a bit and you could also find the hidden tombs which need some puzzle solving...

Only about an hour or so in, so not too far. It's weird because at times it doesn't feel like you're actually playing the game I guess because of how it's broken up as set piece to set piece. I'll stick to it though since I like the visuals.

Only about an hour or so in, so not too far. It's weird because at times it doesn't feel like you're actually playing the game I guess because of how it's broken up as set piece to set piece. I'll stick to it though since I like the visuals.

There's a lot less puzzle solving and more action set-pieces in this game. It's still good fun, but you're not going to find puzzles that keep you pondering for more than a few minutes.

Yeah, I quite agree. I personally liked the character leveling stuff and especially the weapon upgrading.

I've been pushing my PC to the limit with Hearthstone. I can't believe how fun this game is. It is one of the few games I have played that makes me feel like a little kid again. All this week I have stayed up too late telling myself "Ok, just one more game then I am off to bed ..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back