What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopped playing Guild Wars 2, also stopped playing DayZ/DayZOrigins...

So I'm looking for a fun 4 players game, suggestions ?

Got started in The Old Republic. So far I rather enjoy it. Feels like a mix between Champions Online and the old Knights of the Old Republic games. Though granted you could slot a lot of other MMO's there instead of Champions Online, as many of them share a lot of the same sort of elements. I'm not entirely sure how long I'll keep enjoying it, though. I usually get tired of MMO's after a little while.

Got started in The Old Republic. So far I rather enjoy it. Feels like a mix between Champions Online and the old Knights of the Old Republic games. Though granted you could slot a lot of other MMO's there instead of Champions Online, as many of them share a lot of the same sort of elements. I'm not entirely sure how long I'll keep enjoying it, though. I usually get tired of MMO's after a little while.

I quite enjoyed the PvP in it, as did my girlfriend. The questing just go so boring though - every pack of mobs feels like it's the same 3 or 4 mob setup and the repetition is mind-numbing after a while.

Huttball is great as a Sage/Sorc and the Trooper/Commando was fun, but I wasn't very taken with the Knight or Smuggler unfortunately.

I quite enjoyed the PvP in it, as did my girlfriend. The questing just go so boring though - every pack of mobs feels like it's the same 3 or 4 mob setup and the repetition is mind-numbing after a while.

Huttball is great as a Sage/Sorc and the Trooper/Commando was fun, but I wasn't very taken with the Knight or Smuggler unfortunately.
I do rather enjoy the space combat. It's simple, but kinda fun. I don't know if it will hold my interest for that long, but I'm enjoying it for the time being.

As for the combat, yes, well, that's a problem with basically all MMO's I've played. The few exceptions for other MMO's have typically been with regard to certain high-level group or raid instances where special strategies are required for victory in boss battles. I haven't gotten near far enough to see if there is much of that sort of thing in TOR. I did try soloing one of the low-level flashpoints, and that was quite a bit of fun (managed to get to the last boss before I couldn't get any further). But I'm just not all that interested in grouping usually, so we'll see how long the solo game holds my interest.

With the release of Skyrim's new DLC Dragonborn, I've started playing recently, again. Not that I ever really quit necessarily, I merely took a break for other games. Also, according the the Bethesda blog, another high resolution texture pack was released, today, to improve textures for Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn. I'm tempted to install it, but I have like 75 mods running at the moment. If anyone actually downloads it and could post some screens comparing vanilla and the HRTP, that would be great.

Still playing quite a bit of the Warframe closed beta. I liked it enough that I decided to contribute some money to their development efforts. Which means I have 5 BETA keys if anyone was interested in trying it out. If you want one send me a PM. First come first served.

Regards,
SB

I just downloaded the latest SimBin RaceRoom beta, and my holiday just started, so I look forward to giving that a serious spin. I liked it a lot when it was at GamesCom.

I'm on The Witcher 2 for now. (Bought it at release but the framerate isn't too smooth so that annoys me.)

I may just take some shit for this, but the new Devil May Cry was fucking awesome! I just got done playing it through twice over the last week and I've been enjoying it WAAAAY more than I'm comfortable with publicly saying.

It's just fun, it's like playing a live-action english anime..that doesn't suck!

I really, really enjoyed it. It shocked the hell out of me too, but the damned game has that magic "fun factor". :)

I may just take some shit for this, but the new Devil May Cry was fucking awesome! I just got done playing it through twice over the last week and I've been enjoying it WAAAAY more than I'm comfortable with publicly saying.

It's just fun, it's like playing a live-action english anime..that doesn't suck!

I really, really enjoyed it. It shocked the hell out of me too, but the damned game has that magic "fun factor". :)

Nahh, I've enjoyed the last couple of DMCs as well as this one. It's a lot of fun, though there is a bit too much of "learning the right keys to pull off the combos" for my taste, but you can get through it with 80 percent just button mashing, at least until you get to the "plus game" playthroughs. Its trick is the Japanese anime storytelling, with the arcadey combat.

I'm on The Witcher 2 for now. (Bought it at release but the framerate isn't too smooth so that annoys me.)

Restarted the game after reading your post. Nice graphics, except the low polycount...especially Gerald's shoulders are a shame!

Game is good, as I remembered...

Also, still playing BLOPS2...after this much gaming, I started to slowly upgrade each single weapon...lol. But today, got into a group of very good people playing hardcore team death match. Got my ass handed, until I switched to the almighty Evo...

Dead Space 3. This version has much better support for mouse/keyboard, and you can even change the FOV to something sensible by editing a .ini file. Issac actually moves at a reasonable speed while walking and running, though he still keeps a lot of "weight" in the movement. Combat is quite satisfactory, and the upgrade/crafting system has been revamped with resource gathering added. Weapons are a bit weak at the beginning, but you can upgrade weapons, design your own weapons, or use the pre-cooked blueprints that you collect as you go.

It seems to be less creepy than DS1/2, though things do jump out at you. Maybe after playing Alan Wake, DS3 just isn't on the same level of creepyness. It's quite a lot of fun as long as you're not too purist that they made it a little more mainstream.

I want to buy Dark Souls. Like....really bad. But I keep reading that it's not only got a frame rate limiter to 30 FPS, but it's also in 720p ONLY. I heard the controls are fucked, also, to the point where it basically requires a game pad. Which I'm not too keen on. I dig my mouse and keyboard. Can anyone elaborate on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back