What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought DmC from Steam. Great game so far. Seems like a step into next gen consoles: playing it on Max settings on PC, while being still a 100% console game with respect to controls.

Gameplay reminds me of latest Castlevania gameplay a bit.

I had dmc 3 + 4 installed on the sacred Two Terabytes of Gaming Goodness, cant understand why I cant find them, I cant imagine I would of uninstalled them

Finished DmC...basically in one sitting...great game, great graphics (except poly count), great combat and fine action. Story ok as well!
Steam says 7h total. Which is a bit on the short side imo (typical for Ninja Theory games!).

I'm playing Morrowind (Elder Scrolls 3). As a Nerd Acrobat. Also have several other older games in progress. Eternally I imagine.

Oh and Farming Simulater (newest) which I recommend.

My "state of the art" pc I built 8 years ago (fx-60,x1900xtx,liquid cooled) for $3K, is long in the tooth now apparently (won't make that mistake again). Most new games won't play (Two Worlds 2, Mafia 2)...A few do...(eg) Newest Deus Ex. Frankly I'm afraid of going further, since I LOVE my older games that I already own copies of and my current PC will already not allow me to play "Chaser" or "Undying" or "Soldier of Fortune"..

my current PC will already not allow me to play "Chaser" or "Undying" or "Soldier of Fortune"..

Why not I played undying on a voodoo2, Soldier of Fortune on a geforce 256 (its based on the quake 2 engine) and chaser on a geforce 4200ti and still play them on a win7x64 6950 pc

the newest of those games chaser (2003) came out 3 years before your gfx card
I still have all of those games installed,

Clive Barker's Undying
System Requirements :
AMD K6-2 or Pentium II 400MHz
64MB RAM
8X CD-ROM Drive
90MB Hard Disk Space
16MB Direct3D or Glide Capable Video Card
DirectX 8 Compatible Video Drivers
DirectX 8 Compatible Sound Card
Keyboard, Mouse
RECOMMENDED
AMD Athlon or Pentium III 500MHz
128MB RAM
32MB Direct3D or Glide Capable Video Card
610MB Hard Disk Space
Environmental Audio (EAX) Sound Card

Soldier of Fortune
Min System Requirements : (had to rename sof.exe to mohaa.exe to overcome GL extensions bug)
3-D Hardware Accelerated with full OpenGL support*
• Pentium® 233 MHz processor (Pentium II recommended)
• 64 MB of RAM
• U.S. version Microsoft® Windows® 95/98 or NT 4.0-SP5 operating system
• 100% Windows 95/98 or NT-SP5-compatible computer system (including compatible 32-bit drivers for CD-ROM, video card, sound card, and input devices)
• 800 MB of uncompressed hard disk space, plus an additional 100 MB for the Windows swap file
• Quad-speed CD-ROM drive (600k/sec sustained transfer rate)

Chaser (Gamecopyworld have a win7 fix)
Min System Requirements :
Intel Pentium® III 650 MHz or compatible
3D graphic card with 32 MB RAM
128 MB RAM
Microsoft Windows® 98SE/Me/2000/XP
Microsoft DirectX® 9.0 or higher
Mouse/Keyboard
1,35 GB free hard disk
DirectX® 7.0 for Windows 95/98

Playing a bit of Civilization V (with Gods and Kings expansion), Dishonored, and Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. Also been enjoying the remake of Final Fantasy III on Android. Rather excited for the upcoming release of Final Fantasy IV.

Played some BLOP2 to get some double XP. I realized that somehow vsync is broken in this game. Without vsync, I get 120Hz+ according to the ingame fps meter typically over 150. But with vsync, I got fluctuating 60Hz, like in the range of 50-60Hz. Frequent drops to 55Hz through out the game. Someone knows what the issue is?

Furthermore, just bought the weekend steam deal: Hitman Absolution for only 17Euros...can't resist, allthough I'm not much into stealth games. Hope that gamepad support is good...

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a bunch of mods you should add on like ENB, water, ice and rock textures, better bodies, sounds of skyrim, weather systems etc

Nope. Guess I'll have to look that one up. All I have is the hires textures from steam.

Here are few pics from when I used to play skyrim. From what I remember I used

Forcewithin ENB
Skyrim 2K HD textures
Lush grass & Trees

and I know other ENB MODS can look even better.

Butng.jpg

fhAqM.jpg

How much will these slow things down? at 3680x1920 even 2x680s in SLI can be crippled...I read ENB has an occlusion options that looks great but can make for slide shows. Guess I'll have to start digging to figure out the best mods...

Depends on how many options you want to use with the ENB mods as well. On my old C2D/5770 system I couldn't use SSAO or DoF but with my 3570k/7870 I can use whatever I want without serious punishment. At that resolution I'm not sure though as I only play in 1680x1050.

How much will these slow things down? at 3680x1920 even 2x680s in SLI can be crippled...I read ENB has an occlusion options that looks great but can make for slide shows. Guess I'll have to start digging to figure out the best mods...

The one I used I chose because of the minimal impact on performance it had, no clue if that is still case with it and I was using a AMD 6950 @1080P.

Dual 680's shouldn't have any problems running any of the ENB's I have seen.

How ever, Head over to Nexus Mods and check out the ENB descriptions and comments and what not.

Smite open BETA. Basically a 3rd person behind the shoulder DOTA type of game.

It's pretty cool. I never could get into DOTA due to the micro needed (last hits, denies, mouse to move camera, etc.). But I always liked the concept.

This one makes it much more accessible. I guess some could call it a dumbed down DOTA type game. But I'm still having a lot of fun with it.

But it certainly reminds me of my age. :p I've noticed that when the adrenaline starts pumping for me now, my aim gets unsteady. Definitely not the competitive FPS player that I was over a decade ago. :(

Regards,
SB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back