What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What am I playing, now? Well, The Elder Scrolls: Arena, Thief (1) and Prince of Persia 2: The Shadow And The Flame.

;-)

just wondered why your atiumdag.dll is in system32 ? mines in windows\syswow64
as for bulletstorm just an idea but disconect your internet and try a nocd

edit: my googlefu found this :
before the game type in cmd
net start wlidsvc

Thank you for your help Davros!

I think Syswow64/System32 folder behaves like the Program files -folder, where the 32bit applications think they're in the "Program Files" -folder but they're actually in "Program Files (x86)". My atiumdag.dll is also in syswow64, despite what the (32bit) game said.

Unfortunately starting the "Microsoft account sign-in assistant" service didn't help so Bulletstorm is still a no-go. But I'm enjoying Dishonored and Black Mesa so everything is good :)

Bought the complete packages of Europa Universalis III and Hearts of Iron II on the steam sale.

I started playing EUIII after watching the season finale of Homeland together with my wife.

When I got up from my seat it was 04:15 and I suddenly remembered that the laundry my wife told me to do around 12 was still there. :|

I have problems with f1 2010 , the tyres puncture too easily

Yup, can join you in this complaint too. Especially when in career mode and you have a race and the tyre punctures suddenly. Not very pleasant because you lose the race but somehow more realistic, instead of winning all races. :LOL: :D

Ok, now, impressions on F1 2012.
Graphics wise it looks touched here and there and actually looks quite good.
Runs great on my 6870 and Q9450 @1920X1080 all maxed out with 2X antialaising. Can be even more hardcore but I like it even now. :D
The controls of the car is somehow more difficult, loses stability quite easily, and in the tunnel in Monaco you can hit the wall if you are not very careful. A difference with F1 2010 where you don't have any problems at that curve... :???:

I thought it would be nice to start some new game so I went through my Steam library and picked Dishonored. Result (after starting a new game):

Code:
Faulting application name: Dishonored.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x50be3ec1
Faulting module name: atiumdag.dll, version: 9.14.10.942, time stamp: 0x50982508
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000f96e0
Faulting process id: 0x558
Faulting application start time: 0x01cde091f47dc36a
Faulting application path: G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Dishonored\Binaries\Win32\Dishonored.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\atiumdag.dll

Next try, Bulletstorm. Result (on launch):
Code:
Title ShippingPC-StormGame.exe (1, 0, 7147, 0) XLive 3.5.0088.0 (WGX_XLIVE_V3.05_RTM(panblder).110409-1835) C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\xlive.dll  
0x800b0100

Games for Windows - LIVE DLL
C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\msidcrl40.dll 6.2.9200.16384 (win8_rtm.120725-1247)

Ah the joy of PC gaming.

I had a Game for Windows Live problem when I first tried Bulletstorm. I am not sure what fixed, but it started working after I installed Bioshock 2. Doesn't make sense, but that is what happened.

Jim

Picked up the LOTRO Riders of Rohan expansion for $25 and got my minstrel to 79 (cap is now 85) since the base was closed today and I've been off since last Fri. Also picked up Batman: Arkham City for $7.50 and Walking Dead for $12.50 on Steam's holiday sale. Got XCom for Christmas so I'm also a few missions into it (and it's hitting all my gaming/geek spots with the base, researching new stuff, fiddling with squadmate details and loadouts, etc.).

Just did a race in f1 2012 mod at monza and ended up beaching the car on a curb The Gaming gods have declared this event as "not funny"

Europa Universalis III, 21 Hours clocked according to Steam between Dec 24th's Purchase and Today Dec 27th. I play it mostly during daytime (when I can easily alt-tab out) and after the nightly Battlefield 3 Duties.

Been enjoying Hitman Absolution, pretty cool game. It's the first game that required me to overclock my cpu though to remove framerate stuttering! I had reverted my 2600k cpu to stock a while ago since it didn't seem to matter much for games but Hitman seems to want more. Bumping it up to 4.2ghz eliminated all frame rate stutters now it's all smooth. Very pretty game, and the use of disguises is neat although kinda funny how a disguise would not allow a tall bald guy with a serial number tattoed on the back of his head to not arouse suspicion.

Finally finished The Last Remnant .... took too long :oops: (139 hours, which spawned over 6 months)

Now to pick my next game to play in-between BF3 MP. I need to relax from (J)RPG and I'm thinking Assassin's Creed or H.A.V.X. Basically something I can finish and in timely fashion :smile:

Playing Assassin's Creed 2 at the moment, which is much better than the first. I waited until I had a new PC with a controller and damn it's a gorgeous game. Great texture work. Having a lot of fun with it and picked up the next 2 during Steam sale as well.

Playing Assassin's Creed 2 at the moment, which is much better than the first. I waited until I had a new PC with a controller and damn it's a gorgeous game. Great texture work. Having a lot of fun with it and picked up the next 2 during Steam sale as well.

They get better looking as they go along. Its a very visually impressive series and doesn't get the appreciation it deserves in that regard imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back