What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightman gifted me the humble bundle as I allready have titan quest would you like my steam-key ? (i never had any win7 probs afaik)

ps: racing games arcade and cheap = testdrive unlimited, split second/velocity

a bit more sim like = grid and nfs shift

Ok you know expansive means large ?
Thanks for yours inputs and thanks to the others to.

For your really generous offer, I don't know what to say but thank you.
It created a steam account this week end, as I gave up on the idea of having physical copies of the games I was interested shipped in time for Christmas, so my wife will offer me a stream gift card.

I'm not sure about how steam works though, do we need to be friend of Steam or you can communicate me the key by PM? I'm a noob...

EDIT
I wonder about what you meant about expansive to the point I made a search, I found out that I meant expensive, good thing that you point that out because I might have repeated that mistake quiet a few times without ever noticing, they sound the same so actually when speaking with people nobody would have come to correct my spelling :)

EDIT 2
I just see your other post, sorry for the lack of reactivity. I was connected most of the week end but did not post or read much, I had actually a pretty bad week end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Playing Titan quest now. I build a hunter soon to become a sage and I enjoy it, all thanks to Davros (and Lightman before him).

Does titan quest come with the expansion ?
If it does play the expansion not the original game

Nope, Immortal Throne is not part of the bundle (which is a bloody shame, but you can pick it up for $5 on amazon (or just google for it)

its just if you play the original then the expansion, you end up playing through the original twice (the mistake I made)

its just if you play the original then the expansion, you end up playing through the original twice (the mistake I made)

I don't think playing TQ over again is a mistake.. its a nice, different experience because of the differing classes and I enjoyed all 7 of my "restarts"

I don't think playing TQ over again is a mistake.. its a nice, different experience because of the differing classes and I enjoyed all 7 of my "restarts"

WOW! Dedicated! :oops:

I mastered 3 play-through for Mass Effect 1 and about 5 for Crysis mainly to see the game on newly upgraded GFX cards each and every time.
I usually have little need to play over as I always explore each game and try to do all side-quests. This is sometimes a burden because for example I'm now trying to finish The Last Remnant, my first JRPG I ever played for more than few hours, sunk 104 hours so far and still no sign of an end!
That is going on for 5 months now as I also love my BF3 which takes some of my spare time away from Remnants ...

WOW! Dedicated! :oops:

I mastered 3 play-through for Mass Effect 1 and about 5 for Crysis mainly to see the game on newly upgraded GFX cards each and every time.
I usually have little need to play over as I always explore each game and try to do all side-quests. This is sometimes a burden because for example I'm now trying to finish The Last Remnant, my first JRPG I ever played for more than few hours, sunk 104 hours so far and still no sign of an end!
That is going on for 5 months now as I also love my BF3 which takes some of my spare time away from Remnants ...

Yeah I see you pop up on Steam doing that :) I gave up on TLR because I got so stuck somewhere ( a desert I guess) and just gave up doing more MP stuff.

bought Humble Bundle 7 today. going to try that EOTB clone when I come back home and saving Shank2 to play through with a friend over the weekend.

I'm almost finished with Far Cry 3 now.. am about half-way with Hitman finished sleeping dogs.. have Assassin's Creed III waiting .. I think you can guess where I got all that stuff from :p

bought Humble Bundle 7 today. going to try that EOTB clone when I come back home and saving Shank2 to play through with a friend over the weekend.

It's actually a Dungeon Master clone/remake (almost exact copy/remake actually). :) EOTB was a DM clone as well, but not a remake. Just be aware that it's a bit more puzzle oriented than EOTB was. And some of the puzzles can be rather difficult to figure out. :) Fantastic game, however. I don't regret paying full price for it.

Regards,
SB

It's actually a Dungeon Master clone/remake (almost exact copy/remake actually). :) EOTB was a DM clone as well, but not a remake. Just be aware that it's a bit more puzzle oriented than EOTB was. And some of the puzzles can be rather difficult to figure out. :) Fantastic game, however. I don't regret paying full price for it.

Regards,
SB

I always found the puzzles in EotB (and Ultima Underworld) the most gratifying part.. combat was always a bit ... "meh"

It is fine :)
I selected a class that is not affected by any significant bug, I will see how it goes.
If I really enjoy the game and I stick to it for a while, I may buy the expansion and apply the fan patch before starting new characters.
The class system allows for quiet some choices, it is amazing to see how lively the titanquest.net forum still is, after years, Diablo III, Torchlight 2 and other contenders I may forget.

I always found the puzzles in EotB (and Ultima Underworld) the most gratifying part.. combat was always a bit ... "meh"

You should really like it then. There's also the occasional puzzle/challenge area's. One of the combat challenge arena's requires you to be light on your feet and quick with your mouse. :)

That said, there's certain builds that can make combat very easy.

Regards,
SB

Yeah I see you pop up on Steam doing that :) I gave up on TLR because I got so stuck somewhere ( a desert I guess) and just gave up doing more MP stuff.

I'm almost finished with Far Cry 3 now.. am about half-way with Hitman finished sleeping dogs.. have Assassin's Creed III waiting .. I think you can guess where I got all that stuff from :p

I really enjoyed Grimrock as it's so very much like DM and EotB which I've spent countless hours playing on Amiga. The puzzles are very rewarding as some of them take time to figure out and paper and pen might be useful. If not then pure resilience will be required :D (I assume we do not cheat by googling stuff out?).
One more advantage of this game is it's lightness in PC requirements making it perfect game on the go.

Yeah TQ is surprisingly solid. I had just about written off the whole genre when I picked it up on a whim for $5, several years back...

I thought it would be nice to start some new game so I went through my Steam library and picked Dishonored. Result (after starting a new game):

Code:
Faulting application name: Dishonored.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x50be3ec1
Faulting module name: atiumdag.dll, version: 9.14.10.942, time stamp: 0x50982508
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000f96e0
Faulting process id: 0x558
Faulting application start time: 0x01cde091f47dc36a
Faulting application path: G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Dishonored\Binaries\Win32\Dishonored.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\atiumdag.dll

Next try, Bulletstorm. Result (on launch):
Code:
Title ShippingPC-StormGame.exe (1, 0, 7147, 0) XLive 3.5.0088.0 (WGX_XLIVE_V3.05_RTM(panblder).110409-1835) C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\xlive.dll  
0x800b0100

Games for Windows - LIVE DLL
C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\msidcrl40.dll 6.2.9200.16384 (win8_rtm.120725-1247)

Ah the joy of PC gaming.

try updating gfwl
ps: you using 32bit windows 8 ?

I have 64bit Windows 8. The problem with the Dishonored was solved by installing Cat 12.11 Beta 11. Beta 8 already had the fix:

Resolves the hang encountered playing Dishonored on the AMD Radeon HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series

Regarding Bulletstorm and GFWL, it seems I had version 3.5.0056 installed. The GFWL itself worked as I could start it and log into the app. I then installed 3.5.0088, which should be the latest, and unfortunately it didn't help. When I try to start Bulletstorm, it shows the the logo in the middle of the screen and then it just closes. The following Warning is logged into the Windows Event Viewer:

Code:
Title ShippingPC-StormGame.exe (1, 0, 7147, 0) XLive 3.5.0088.0 (WGX_XLIVE_V3.05_RTM(panblder).110409-1835) C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\xlive.dll  
0x800b0100

Games for Windows - LIVE DLL
C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\msidcrl40.dll 6.2.9200.16384 (win8_rtm.120725-1247)

There's nothing in the GFWLive's log files.

Well, at least I got Dishonored working and it seems great!

Twin 670? Wow, that is cool :)
I wonder if you have far cry 3 and how much fps you get with your setup?

Hey so I still don't have Far Cry 3 yet, but I bought Hitman Absolution on a steam sale and it's the first game to really test out my dual 670's. It averages 44fps with one 670 and 67fps with two of them. That's at ultra setting, basically everything maxed out at 1920x1080 and 4xmsaa on top. I think this game is more gpu stressful than Far Cry 3 so twin cards should presumably run great with it. The cards never quite maxed out, I think the highest use I saw was 90% on one and 86% on the second so they have some breathing room left.

I have 64bit Windows 8.

just wondered why your atiumdag.dll is in system32 ? mines in windows\syswow64
as for bulletstorm just an idea but disconect your internet and try a nocd

edit: my googlefu found this :
before the game type in cmd
net start wlidsvc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back