What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently not playing anything as my PC died. It was still very much under warranty, so I didn't feel like replacing too many parts myself to find out the issue, but this means I'll probably without for a while. Still have backup stuff like work laptop thankfully, but no PC gaming for a while (was playing Farcry 3 btw).

Oh well, still plenty of PS3 and Vita stuff to play (including a lot of free Plus stuff that demands attention)

I'm currently not playing anything as my PC died. It was still very much under warranty, so I didn't feel like replacing too many parts myself to find out the issue, but this means I'll probably without for a while. Still have backup stuff like work laptop thankfully, but no PC gaming for a while (was playing Farcry 3 btw).

Oh well, still plenty of PS3 and Vita stuff to play (including a lot of free Plus stuff that demands attention)

What happend to your PC? That is really a downer imo: I have constant PC issues myself.

liolio, gta is not gory. and actually they give you an options whe. it comes to cold blooded killin. but there are ofc lots and lots of cartoonish thugs to beat down. and you will probably accidentally run over thousands of people.

titan quest is solid. getting old tho and I haven't tried it on win7.

liolio... I really hope you bought the THQ humble bundle with TQ and Saints Row etc. in it?
Missed it, I were pretty slow to make up my mind for this Christmas.

I've really something for Sleeping dogs, I like the melee fighting more than GTA4 shooting though I wonder about buying GTA 4 for the set-up alone (New York, New York!). Sleeping dogs is still a tad over budget.

I'm going to further dig possible compatibility issue with titan quest on titanquest.net.

Edit
wrt Titan quest and its extension, it seems that a clean install should work fine, I may find out soon as for 9$ taking in account all the work done by the community on bugs, extra content, it is not a bad deal :)

So I 've for sure:
Darksiders 9$
TQ-IT 9$
Quiet some budget left :)

Last edited by a moderator:
*kingdoms of alamur (really interested into that one but the lack of support has pushing close to a"no thanks")

I really enjoyed this, and I didn't hit any significant bugs. If you can get it cheap and with the DLC, it's still a great game if you like looting & levelling. The story is long, with lots of varied environments, and combat is satisfying. It's one of those games where you "just want to get to the next bit" and before you know it, you've been playing for six hours straight.

I really enjoyed this, and I didn't hit any significant bugs. If you can get it cheap and with the DLC, it's still a great game if you like looting & levelling. The story is long, with lots of varied environments, and combat is satisfying. It's one of those games where you "just want to get to the next bit" and before you know it, you've been playing for six hours straight.
Thanks for the input, it is available @22$ on amazon, you got me tempted :)

Actually I may discard TQIT for now as I'm scared to be saturated after torchlight 2 and diablo 3 abuses.

What happend to your PC? That is really a downer imo: I have constant PC issues myself.

A various assortment of beeps at startup. 4, then 5, then two times 3, then 1 long, three short, I've seen all of them. It may have been caused by a faulty power wire, perhaps damaging both the memory banks - we found a loose one in an old style SATA power connector. I suspect the surges have caused the memory to fail, not sure. We cleaned the connectors of memory and GPU, as they can often corrode a little when they are new due to some of hte coating applied to them, and we got it to start up again eventually, but 1 out of 4 boot attempts would still fail and we'd spent quite a bit of time at that point, so we had to send it in.

wrt Titan quest and its extension, it seems that a clean install should work fine, I may find out soon as for 9$ taking in account all the work done by the community on bugs, extra content, it is not a bad deal :)

Lightman gifted me the humble bundle as I allready have titan quest would you like my steam-key ? (i never had any win7 probs afaik)

ps: racing games arcade and cheap = testdrive unlimited, split second/velocity

a bit more sim like = grid and nfs shift

I can wait as it is still a tad expansive and I will have the first one

Anyway Skyrim is still too expansive.

Sleeping dogs looks nice but it is still a tad expansive

Ok you know expansive means large ?

Right now I'm NOT playing World of Warcraft...

Apparantly, me using a MPQ editor tool to extract all of the soundtrack files (did you know there's now over 2100 tracks and nearly 50 hours' worth of music in WoW?!!!!) I either managed to fuck up the data depositories, or else having the MPQ editor minimized and forgotten somehow interfered with running the game.

Anyway long story short, I ended up deleting the entire Data directory trying to "correct" the issue, so now I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs while the game downloads itself again, all 19GB of it, at about 1.9MB/s... Pfffffttt... :LOL:

Lol, and that's not the end of it either. The game somehow needs something like 45+ gigs (I estimate) to download and install 19GBs worth of data files. Far too much in any case for my SSD with only 30GB of free space left on it. So I had to abort and uninstall the whole game when it had downloaded 60% and got stuck there because it'd filled up the ENTIRE drive! :rolleyes:

So I went to bed, and now I'm reinstalling from disc instead.

Man I must be lucky, I'm still rocking the same 2+ year old 2600k gaming rig. All I've changed is swapping out the 580 with twin 670's, aside from that it's still the same hardware purring like a kitten :)

If somebody have an idea that doesn't fit into the category he/she is welcome, it is difficult to keep in mind of the releases and some really good games sadly go almost unnoticed.

Have you considered smaller games? There are some very cool ones out there for cheap. Deadlight is a good game, simple zombie side scroller with pretty visuals and full controller support. The Walking Dead is also a very cool take on point and click adventure games, it has a new interface and also fully playable from the couch with a controller. Pid isn't bad as well, played a little of that one. Machinarium is a neat puzzle game worth grabbing on sale. For sandbox games personally I prefer Saints Row 3 to GTA4. It has violence in it, but it's a more over the top goofy game that doesn't take itself seriously. I tried the Xcom demo and it was pretty neat, I'll be getting that one when it hits $20, maybe that will happen during the holiday sales.

Yeah, I'll vouch for ol' Saints Row The Third, it's incredible. Easily one of the best games released last year if not the best.

Another good indie/XBLA style game is Serious Sam: Double D.

Yes, there's a reason why it's called that, and it's hilarious in the juvenile sort of way.

Been playing Far Cry 3, and it's pretty damn good. A little too intensive for my old Radeon 5850, but still very nice looking.

Man I must be lucky, I'm still rocking the same 2+ year old 2600k gaming rig. All I've changed is swapping out the 580 with twin 670's, aside from that it's still the same hardware purring like a kitten :)

Have you considered smaller games? There are some very cool ones out there for cheap. Deadlight is a good game, simple zombie side scroller with pretty visuals and full controller support. The Walking Dead is also a very cool take on point and click adventure games, it has a new interface and also fully playable from the couch with a controller. Pid isn't bad as well, played a little of that one. Machinarium is a neat puzzle game worth grabbing on sale. For sandbox games personally I prefer Saints Row 3 to GTA4. It has violence in it, but it's a more over the top goofy game that doesn't take itself seriously. I tried the Xcom demo and it was pretty neat, I'll be getting that one when it hits $20, maybe that will happen during the holiday sales.

Twin 670? Wow, that is cool :)
I wonder if you have far cry 3 and how much fps you get with your setup?

I have finished all side missions on the first island...now main story! Really good game...

Twin 670? Wow, that is cool :)
I wonder if you have far cry 3 and how much fps you get with your setup?

I have finished all side missions on the first island...now main story! Really good game...

Yeah it's the first time I've ever tried an sli setup. I avoided it in the past from all the bad things people said about sli, but 670's are just $350 here so I figured what the heck, and its been totally trouble free! I haven't heavily stressed them yet though.

I don't have Far Cry 3 yet because I've been trying to be much smarter with my steam game purchases nowadays. Rather than just jump at new games, I wait until I actually have thinned out my current steam backlog. Good thing about that is that by the time I get around to games they are both fully patched and run trouble free, and I typically get them for $5 to $20 :) I will get Far Cry 3 eventually though, but I've got other games to finish first.

My PC rig is coming up on 4 years old soon and not really any worse for wear. I've changed out the original graphics cards (2xRadeon 4890s), but that's it. Now I want another change, because these caymans are a bit long in the tooth also, and the borked texture filtering is really bothering me in some games, but as no other cards are coming out I'll have to hold on to these a while longer.

Thanks to console there was little need to upgrade PC hardware. Most games are multi-platforms today.
Been playing Dark Souls, nice game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back