What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
XCOM, but it's inferior to the original yet appealing.
I already started modifying it because really, it MUST be true to the original, and it's not.

Some things take getting used to, like replacing TU's with 2 action points. But the game does have a 2012 smoothness to it.. but some stupid design decisions (your actions are controlled by a different button with every other character.. WHY?

XCOM, but it's inferior to the original yet appealing.
I already started modifying it because really, it MUST be true to the original, and it's not.

Massively inferior but was appealing enough to finish.

I don't have time to keep track of mods, so I'm hopeing someone decides to let us know of any cool mods that make it more like the original. :)

Regards,
SB

Skyrim, Skyrim and more Skyrim. Hoping to get a 27" 3D vision 2 monitor next week to enjoy it in all it's glory. Should give close to 4x the perceived viewing area of my 50" HDTV given the relative sitting distance from each. I've never got why it's considered an advantage of consoles to be able to play on a "big screen TV". I have both but generally prefer my current 24" monitor as it fills much more of my field of vision from 3 feet away than my TV does from 10.

I've been playing Skyrim on my Lenovo Y460 (14" laptop, capable of nearly everything high except shadows) and while I love the game, I hate not having my Dell U2711. Moving cross country and finding a house sucks :(

I'm still playing Skyrim as well, basically trying to complete every single possible quest and then eventually finish the main quest one day. It amazes me how much content there is in this game! Also got Deadlight which is pretty cool as well.

I'm still playing Skyrim as well, basically trying to complete every single possible quest and then eventually finish the main quest one day.

Haha snap, I want to get crazy powerful before I continue the main quest. I've put in just over 100 hours so far and I'd estimate I've completed maybe 1/3rd of the game but barely touched the main quest. I ended up putting about 420 hours into Oblivion.

Just finished Mass Effect, which I found somewhat disappointing, though still good. Moving on to Tribunal, Morrowind's extension.

I still haven't finished that, mostly because my save file (on Xbox 360) twice became corrupted (both times I found myself permanently stuck somewhere) after spending a significant amount of time on it, which was really a downer. :cry: Very interesting concept, but stable games are good.

Aaaaaand right now I'm playing NFS Porsche Unleashed and remembering when it used to be a good series.

Had the day off yesterday, due to Hurricane Sandy, and had a lineup of single player games at my disposal, in the event of an internet outage. It eventually happened at 10:30 PM, so I loaded up Dishonored. The game is great fun, but it's the worst offender of console gaming. A lot, I mean a lot of the textures are low resolution, even at their highest setting, and the interface is way too simple. The game play is cool, though. Heaps of interesting ways to kill someone, and the world is pretty immersive.

I also bought Mists of Pandaria and have to admit it's a lot of fun. Even the clerk at Gamestop, who I'm friends with personally, told me as I was buying it "It's actually really fun," as if I was hesitant about my decision, and about to buy some $60 paperweight. I've been exclusively playing Warriors for something like 4 years now, and I've seen the classes evolve in all sorts of ways. I was skeptical about the MoP talent system, but now that I've gotten the hang of it, it turned out to be a lot of fun. For anyone who's still playing my little word of advice is Titan's Grip and Bladestorm is probably the most overpowered combination in the entire game. Anyone who was a fan of the series and looking for a reason to delve back into the universe, I highly recommend MoP. I will literally play this game until they shut the servers down, so I'm always game for new content. I've never canceled my subscription, and don't plan on it any time soon.

Blizzard should mail me a cake or something for being so reliable.

I'm honestly disappointed with Guild Wars 2...haven't played it for more than an hour in 2-3 weeks. Definitely not going back to WoW though. Not this time.

Borderlands 2 is the best game I've played in a long time. Probably the best since Borderlands 1 :smile:

This time I am playing co-op with my brother and that adds a whole new layer to it.

XCOM on classic difficulty. Some minor annoyances but the game is fun. One question to the devs: why is 2/3 of the install size taken up by BINK files? Not enough time to mocap and do the cutscenes properly? MEH!

which one

Warfighter...the new one. I guess I am almost through the campaign...maybe finish it tonight. What is remarkable imo: I think that the car driving passages are very well implemented. I would love to see a next gen Motorstorm on PS4 with those graphics and effects as MoH provides during those sections!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back