What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still at the beginning of thegame...Darksiders 2 gets better and better...phantastic game so far, no crashes, no bugs so far.

PS: I just caught myself thinking about a God of War episode a la Darksiders 2...blasphemy?

Just caught on to Project Cars. That looks ... great. I think I'll donate $10 and see how the game is coming along (would have done so yesterday already but it basically requires PayPal, and i haven't used that in six years, so I'll have to call them to recover my password etc.)

Just finished The Darkness 2, was ok, worth the steam sale price. Trying to get into Trine 2 but just don't like it so far...I'll give it one more chance before purging it.

joker454 said:
Just finished The Darkness 2, was ok, worth the steam sale price. Trying to get into Trine 2 but just don't like it so far...I'll give it one more chance before purging it.

It definitely does get better ... are you plaing in 2D or 3D? The latter looks so amazing it makes the gameplay almost secondary. And it keeps getting better, e.g 3D smoke and mist effects later on.

How far are you now?

It definitely does get better ... are you plaing in 2D or 3D? The latter looks so amazing it makes the gameplay almost secondary. And it keeps getting better, e.g 3D smoke and mist effects later on.

How far are you now?

I only play in 2d, not interested in 3d until it's glasses free. I haven't played it much yet, only about a half hour but it's just not grabbing me whereas I loved games like Limbo, Braid, etc right away. Dunno, it just seems kinda bland and with so many other games in my steam list I'm not sure I'll devote much more time to Trine 2.

I only play in 2d, not interested in 3d until it's glasses free. I haven't played it much yet, only about a half hour but it's just not grabbing me whereas I loved games like Limbo, Braid, etc right away. Dunno, it just seems kinda bland and with so many other games in my steam list I'm not sure I'll devote much more time to Trine 2.

Well, the game keeps on giving, and the puzzles stay fresh and varied, and I love that further along in the game you can usually manage to get the puzzle done in a few different ways too. I like it way more than Limbo, Braid, etc. It is also much longer, I'm finding.

Just realised most of my recent posts have only been about the old games i'm playing
I know some of you must be thinking surely the Gaming Gods must of contacted you via a burning shrubbery and guided you to some newer slices of Gaming goodness.
Well just like moses before me I went to Mount Olive (popeye went absolutely nuts)It was cold, the wind wistled All Through The Night and other scottish folk songs, occasionally broken up by the hoot of a very gifted bat.
Finally the Gaming Gods spoke I could not beleive my ears (but then again neither could anyone else as they are a foot long and covered in fur) and they instructed me to play the following :

Mad riders. Shallow arcade Racing but it was only £4.99
Salvation Prophecy. varied but not that good rpg lite (or stat based action game for the pedantic)
Game of thrones. Only played a little (got distracted) seems ok (not seen the tv show)
Future Soldier. Quite enjoyed it (thanfully I waited it was a total disaster on launch)
Max Payne 3. Bald fat max in brazil. No I thought but its done well and is a propper max payne game
Spec Ops the line. enjoyed it reminds me of bulletstorm for some unknown reason (its nothing like bulletstorm ;))
Prototype 2. Protype 1 with a different story more or less
The Amazing Spider-Man. Its ok
Sleeping Dogs. only played a bit seems quite good.
Dark Souls. Only played 2 minutes, the fix isnt working properly (game only fills 25% of the screen top left corner)

ps: Dark Souls how do i escape back to the main menu ??? (its not esc)

Well, the game keeps on giving, and the puzzles stay fresh and varied, and I love that further along in the game you can usually manage to get the puzzle done in a few different ways too. I like it way more than Limbo, Braid, etc. It is also much longer, I'm finding.

Well I'll keep playing it, it sure is pretty that's for sure. Mostly bouncing between that, Magic 2013 and Max Payne right now.

Had my first gamebreaking bug in darksiders 2:

But I was lucky as hell, I could somehow resolve the issue after over half an hour.

I was in a puzzle where you have to let npc pull triggers. You have to pull them in right order to solve the puzzle. But my first two tries where wrong. After that, suddenly the animation where the triggers did reset back to default did not kick in - I was stuck!!!

It took some while to figure out that I am screwed now, but after some screaming and crying I did the following:

I send an npc to one stuck trigger. He pulls it back. But after that, npcs are blocked and dont react anymore. What helped is a restart: save, the restart and pull back the next trigger, I dud it again and again until all triggers are back. Then I could solve the puzzle lucky me...

Despite that ultra shock, very good game! But this scares me to death now while playing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back