What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. Picked up the PC version for 10 bucks and boy is it just me or is the game the best looking out of the entire series so far?

Playing that myself at the moment and yeah it is. Very nice looking game. Just a kick ass game in general actually.

Origin is loading up NFS:the run as we speak.

but 17GB for a racing game, I hope its mighty impressive

I bet its all video/cutscenes
thats how nfs seems to be going these days
And for gods sake, I hope they fixed the controls and actually tried playing it with something other than a 360 controller as they never tried playing the last game with anything different.

Does Brotherhood PC have that crappy fake tonemapping the 360 version has? When you look up or down half the screen gets covered with a white gradient, very distracting and ugly.

neliz how is nfs:the run i'm on the fence about getting it on payday?

I'm really not too excited about all the QTE's they implemented (albeit a bit simpler than BF3) but I like the handling of the cars.

On the other hand, it can be really irritating to play because the game got really, really simplified. doing 250 on the Golden Gate bridge is nice, doing 250 while all other traffic on it does 225 seems absurd.

Graphically it looks the looks the looks though the racing can be a bit tedious in the "the run" part because the only thing you're doing is checkpoint chasing or "gain 10 positions" .. out of 10 available.

Also the distinction between the vehicles is hardly there. I can not for the life of me feel the difference between a Skyline GTR or an Aston Martin Vantage, though one is 1 second faster @1-100km/h.

All in all, is it a great pick-up racer? yes. Is it a deep racing game? nah.. is it NFS.. yes!

Started nfs the run immediately go to cutscene then qte red letter B flashes on screen - I dont have a red button labeled B on my steering wheel nor a yellow button labeled Y... so I died
went into options changed controls to keyboard again red letter B, pressed b on the keyboard and died
had to run the stupid qte about 30 times because the game doesnt tell you what red latter B equates to on the keyboard nor does it tell you what other xbox controls are mapped to what keys on the keyboard
seriously press "RT" during a qte what f***ing key on the keyboard is that supposed to be ?

I have about 12 games to play. ^^

I feel your pain I will pray to the Gaming Gods to send you more

QTE's I've encountered had and Space, enter for the intro, then also left and right for the Las Vegas one.

another complaint.

I played the SWTOR beta on 11/11.. I just got a mail for another beta weekend..

do you think I can use my client from less than 14 days ago? no sure, another 18GB download in the queue.. goddamit EA what are you thinking?

Dang no updates in this thread for a month now. :D

Just had to throw in I'm currently playing The Ur-Quan Masters (http://sc2.sourceforge.net/ ). It's Star Control 2 updated for modern PCs. It couldn't be called Star Control 2 unfortunately since Activision holds the rights to the IP. But at least they didn't stop the original developer (Toys for Bob) from using the 3DO source code (original PC source code is lost for all time :() to make port for modern PCs (Windows, Mac, Linux, BSD, etc.) and releasing it for free.

Anyway, just have to say that even after all these years it's just as good and addictive as it was back in 1992 when I bought the shrink wrapped box off the shelf at the local computer store.

I can only imagine how wonderful this would be with updated 3D (or even HQ sprites) but still the same type of gameplay on a 2D plane.

Also, I'm somewhat glad their petition to Activision to make a real sequel (Star Control 3 was an abomination made by another company) failed. I have a feeling that if it had succeeded we'd have an abomination similar to what is happening with Syndicate by EA (turning it into yet another FPS, UGH).

Anyway, if anyone wants to check out what is possibly one of the absolute BEST games ever made, you should check it out. :D

Regards,
SB

I might sound old fashioned but ... Oblivion! Started it back in 2005/6 and never finished. After Steam sale I bought it legally and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Some texture packs and loads of patches + HD 6970 make this game visually enjoyable even in 2011.

Also me and my brother are on to a mission to get weapon 'medals' in Crysis 2 MP. I hate sniping in this game, but 1000 kills + 250 heads is required to unlock Gauss 'medal' :mad:
Shame we are banned on few good servers :D. If only we were cheating I could understand, but for just being lucky (or good) in that game?

so i got nfs: the run, BF3 and im on the fence about getting dirt 3. the run seems cool, im playing in hard and it's kicking my behind somewhat just now (i'm up to the time trial on stage 5). BF3 is very cool apart from the SP qte's not being mapped to a pad(so i haven't gotten past the first set-piece).....

i'm unsure about dirt 3 as i like rally games but i could not get into dirt 2, it seemed like a racing game featuring rally events so i'm waiting to hear good things about dirt 3.

I'm also wanting to get SS3:BFE but its a steam game so i may wait for a sale (i don't like paying full price for thing on steam), or i may get it tomorrow after work retail if i see a good deal

Singularity again (since someone mentioned it)
Because the game doesnt create saves in the traditional manner it just saves the last checkpoint so if youve finished the game once before you cant load a level and play that (just last checkpoint which is 2 minutes before the end or start a new game)
This time im alt tabbing out of the game every 10 minutes and copying the save file to a folder along with a text file with a brief description (eg: recharged e99 bomb) so in future ill be able to play any level i want

Today the Gaming Gods appeared to me in a vision and declared that i need some more games...
This is true of course the Gaming Gods are very wise. So I picked up
lost planet 2
batman arkham city
assassins creed revelations
race injection
wings of prey
line of sight vietnam
maelstrom
dungeon seige
the last 3 only cost £1 each

You will like Wings of Prey with proper Joystick!
This game is great fun not only for sim fans but also average player because of multiple levels of difficulty/simulation settings.

Gaming gods are wise indeed :smile:

Wings of Prey is beautiful but the gameplay is only decent because the difficulty goes from Arcade to Impossible with nothing significant in-between. If you want easy flying then approximately 1 bullet will down any enemy plane. If you want realistic you'd better pack sidewinders, sparrows and maybe a railgun or two as suddenly those same planes are borderline invincible.

Still a very, very pretty game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back