What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting to grips with AssCred2s controls, but enjoying the game. Might have to hook up a 360 pad to master the game though.

Oh, and it has removed the horrid always on DRM :)

I've been busy playing the Witcher (1). And wondering why I didn't play it three year ago. Because it's totally great! And damn, what does it have a lot of content. I've played for weeks by now, and I still didn't finish it. I think I'm about two-thirds (just started chapter IV).

I was initially thrown off by the reviews that all talked about the bad, clicky combat, and all the other yada-yada. And most recent games being bummers. But it's the greatest RPG since... eh... Years!

:)

I've started playing the Witcher (begun Chapter I) and I do not like the combat, or the lack of a proper isometric camera (CD Project, I don't think that word means what you think it means). Combat is stiff and the combo system feels too mechanical. The animations are also a bit... um... amateurish? When you start walking or running Geralt seems to do a little skip or how some dialogue gestures are overacted, it's not OMG Oblivion bad but quite cumbersome in places. BUT the story is intriguing, the characters lively, and the graphics are quite good. The dialogue is competent so far though I was a bit disappointed that Trish was that easy to ... collect the card.

Will probably hunt for them but does anyone use or know of any camera or combat mods?

Red Faction !!! And I am amazed at what Geo Mod could do years ago !!!:
a4oayf.jpg

This tech seems so much better than what FRACTURE was doing ! and why was it removed for Guerilla ??? This would have been so awesome in Red Faction Guerilla, blowing holes into Mars and making the enemies vehicles get stuck in them :D !

BTW, any suggestions on how could make Red Faction 2 run at 1920X1080 ?

I started with Warhammer 40k RTS series a few days ago. Another great game I've missed for some weird reason. The first one, Dawn of War, was a bit too simple but it's expansion, Winter assault has some pretty decent missions at the end. Haven't reached the other expansions or Dawn of War 2 yet but I hope they are at least as good.

Playing through the first Mass Effect so I can then get through the second one and be ready for the third. Playing as a female Shepard BTW.

Playing through RE5. Is it just me or there's no uncanny valley? Sheva in particular is very well done (and hot *ahem*) :oops:. The eyes, the animations make me want to rewatch the cutscenes over and over. That and getting my head cleaved off with a chainsaw of course.

Finally finished Mass Effect (at 3 am CT lol). It was a good ride, and I kind of wish I had done all the side crap, but I'm pretty satisfied with what all I did, and the choices I made at the end of the game, though the ending was a bit less exciting that I was hoping. Installing ME2 right now. Can't wait to see the better and improved version of Commander Evelyn Shepard when I use my ME1 save data. That's right John Shepard can kiss my ass. Female Shepard FTW (and voiced by Jennifer Hale!).

Finally finished Mass Effect (at 3 am CT lol). It was a good ride, and I kind of wish I had done all the side crap, but I'm pretty satisfied with what all I did, and the choices I made at the end of the game, though the ending was a bit less exciting that I was hoping. Installing ME2 right now. Can't wait to see the better and improved version of Commander Evelyn Shepard when I use my ME1 save data. That's right John Shepard can kiss my ass. Female Shepard FTW (and voiced by Jennifer Hale!).

I did finish ME second time on PC (first being on XBOX) just to get saves for ME2! The engine improvement are massive comparing both games and the story is as good if not better. You might find controls a bit awkward at the beginning because they changed a lot, especially combat, but after few hours in game it's not a problem.

I can't wait for ME3 now, but waiting is sweet with Witcher 2! Nearly at the end now :p. I'm official Troll lover in that game and doing all the side quest along my journey!

Next up might be ... finally finishing GTA IV??

I am playing Doom3 again at the moment before moving onto Duke Nukem.

I didn't like Doom3 when it first came out, it was too dark and my graphics card was not really up to it. However now the duct tape mod is available and modern day graphics cards of course.

I'm quite enjoying it, it's very linear of course but it is quite atmospheric, it is nice to not see checkpoints and advice what to do from buttons appearing on screen ( unlike Crysis 2 ) . The graphics are helped by it being enclosed within the base to the most part.

I did finish ME second time on PC (first being on XBOX) just to get saves for ME2! The engine improvement are massive comparing both games and the story is as good if not better. You might find controls a bit awkward at the beginning because they changed a lot, especially combat, but after few hours in game it's not a problem.

I can't wait for ME3 now, but waiting is sweet with Witcher 2! Nearly at the end now :p. I'm official Troll lover in that game and doing all the side quest along my journey!

Next up might be ... finally finishing GTA IV??

I configured the controls to match the first game :cool:

Man ME2 looks so much better than the first game. However, the character shadows bother the hell out of me (in both games). They expand out way too quickly, as if the character models were bigger than they really are, whether it's a point light or not. I think other UE3 games have the issue too.

Was playing the Witcher 2 then someone mentioned Red Faction Guerrilla and I got sidetracked with that.

Enjoyable? I bought it when they were all on sale last weekend during the Red Faction Origins premier on SyFy.

I have been playing a german TC mod for oblivion called Nehrim, it is a completely different lore, with totally different places and world, imo this mod is bigger them Oblivion itself. There are also changes and upgrades to the RPG system, the menu and the game map were also upgraded, etc. All in all it is the best TC mod for Oblivion that i know about.

I have been playing a german TC mod for oblivion called Nehrim, it is a completely different lore, with totally different places and world, imo this mod is bigger them Oblivion itself. There are also changes and upgrades to the RPG system, the menu and the game map were also upgraded, etc. All in all it is the best TC mod for Oblivion that i know about.

I think I've tried that one before. The first couple minutes were fine until my character got stuck at the same spot over and over and I couldn't move out of the little area at all. Freaking glitch probably. It really pissed me off because Nehrim is supposed to be better than the original game, or so I hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back