What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a maasive sale at steam these days. BF:BC2 for just $10 !!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: ! All valve games at 50% OFF !!!!! Whihc means L4D2 for just $10 !!!!!!!!!!!

What do i do? What Do I get ? Help Guys! There are too many good games on Sale> Whats the cream that needs to be salvged while the sale lasts!!!!

There's a maasive sale at steam these days. BF:BC2 for just $10 !!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: ! All valve games at 50% OFF !!!!! Whihc means L4D2 for just $10 !!!!!!!!!!!

What do i do? What Do I get ? Help Guys! There are too many good games on Sale> Whats the cream that needs to be salvged while the sale lasts!!!!

L4D2 for liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiife.

Billiards! :D

newtable.jpg

Got a new toy for xmas. :)

Judging by that screenshot this game has some very nice lighting and material shaders :D.
I wonder which physics middleware it is using, GPU accelerated? :LOL:

Very nice game indeed!
Yeah, but it could really use some better art direction. The environment is just too bland...

I haven't been playin' much of anything as of late, despite being gifted/buying/etc many games during the Steam sale...

I'm surprised digi. You left the bloom and grain filters on. The lighting is just so flat. No SSAO. And only four lights in the scene? Come on. It's all about deferred these days. But then again, it looks like you've jacked up AA to infinity and beyond.

You're not using MLAA, are you. ಠ_ಠ

Shortly before Christmas I finally upgraded my 3 year old Dell to an Alienware M17x. I wanted a desktop, but there just isn't anywhere to put a desk in the flat I'm in and so had to go for a desktop replacement. I looked long and hard for something that was both powerful and quiet... and failed. So I gave in and went for the most outrageous thing I could find. I reckon I paid about £800+ more for a lesser specced machine (when compared to the equivalent desktop), but after a month and a bit of use I don't care. This thing is great.

Anyhow, as a result I'm back into PC gaming. First up: Anno 1404, which I'm really enjoying. However have just installed Mass Effect 2 and imported my ME1 character... looks great. Fallout New Vegas is also on the shelf, unwrapped but waiting. 2011 is gonna be good.

newtable.jpg

Hustle Kings is much better ... Heh. No but congrats, I have owned one without holes (that's what we call billiards) for a while when I was a teenager, and I've always enjoyed the game with balls and sticks. ;) Current fave is Snooker though.

As for PC, I'm trying all sorts of stuff to see if my 5570 1GB low profile with Q8200 Quad is up for some gaming, and so far it's a mixed bag - some stuff looks and runs very well (say, Mass Effect), but some stuff I just can't figure out. For instance, NFS Hot Pursuit that I've just been playing I can't get up to a high framerate no matter what I do. Resolution from 1024x768 to 1680x1050 hardly seems to make a difference, ani on or off no difference, motion blur looks a bit smoother but doesn't seem to make a difference, high res textures don't seem to make a difference, and low to high shadows, where that slows me down in Mass Effect, it actually seems to give a much better framerate! Anyone any tips?

Also bought Mass Effect 1, and I'll be trying that a bit before I venture a go at ME2.

I had a similar problem with The Witcher: Enhanced Edition. Turning textures up to max actually improved the frame rate a tiny bit.

Hustle Kings is much better ... Heh. No but congrats, I have owned one without holes (that's what we call billiards) for a while when I was a teenager, and I've always enjoyed the game with balls and sticks. ;) Current fave is Snooker though.

As for PC, I'm trying all sorts of stuff to see if my 5570 1GB low profile with Q8200 Quad is up for some gaming, and so far it's a mixed bag - some stuff looks and runs very well (say, Mass Effect), but some stuff I just can't figure out. For instance, NFS Hot Pursuit that I've just been playing I can't get up to a high framerate no matter what I do. Resolution from 1024x768 to 1680x1050 hardly seems to make a difference, ani on or off no difference, motion blur looks a bit smoother but doesn't seem to make a difference, high res textures don't seem to make a difference, and low to high shadows, where that slows me down in Mass Effect, it actually seems to give a much better framerate! Anyone any tips?

Also bought Mass Effect 1, and I'll be trying that a bit before I venture a go at ME2.

NFS is going to have a lot more physics calculations so it's going to be relatively more reliant on the CPU versus something like ME 1 or 2. What CPU are you using?

Regards,
SB

Got some game time between xmas and new years and logged some Company of Heroes, Crysis, Red Faction, RE5, C&CTW, Wings of Prey and, just now, Halo Reach on the 360 (need to practice the controller again so I can play with my son on XBL). It's fun to have time for games...and Steam sucked me into a few good deals...

Beta testing DC Universe Online.
It's good for a MMORPG, under average and a waste of time as a game, IMO.

Highlights would be complete voice over, Gotham City.
Otherwise : no teleport (like in Guild Wars, walking is just a waste of time, so is even flying at supersonic speed), quests aren't auto activating/resolving when done, there's that weird layout when going out of Police station, can't share quests (or I didn't find it), when a group member goes in an instance, if you don't have the quest, you can't find him/her (because you can't locate the instance entrance on the city map, once found though you just enter to get in the same instance)
Combats are not much more than any MMORPG, it's fun to have Superman heat vision, to fly and so on, but it gets old quickly.
Lack of core gameplay, it's mainstream, therefore easy, and so uninteresting for anyone having spent years playing video games.

I'd say it's worth trying, I would think you've seen everything in a week. (Well you should have a good idea about the game at that point IMO)

Haha, doubt it. Theres a good reason why Americans play on the little kids tables. :p

I think what you're really playing is 'who can sink the most balls in the least number of shots, number of shots being 3* higher than the number of balls sunk! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back