What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our primary PC at home is sans graphics card these days, so I've been using it to play Princess Maker 2 whilst reading the web on my laptop lately. I had to bring it up so someone else could enjoy my oddity...

Seems a bit ambiguous
From the FC2 faq

Q: Will my Flaming Cliffs 1.12 missions work with Flaming Cliffs 2.0?

A: Due to a change in the world location and mission editor, they will not. However, when installing the upgrade you have the option to create both Flaming Cliffs 1.12 and Flaming Cliffs 2.0 parallel installs. Flaming Cliffs 1.12 and the upgraded Flaming Cliffs 2.0 will not be online compatible.

Q: If I install the Flaming Cliffs 2.0 upgrade to an existing copy of Flaming Cliffs, will I still need the original Flaming Cliffs CD to launch it and still go through activation?

A: No, only the Flaming Cliffs 2.0 protection system would be used.

Edit: Its not until you read near the end of the faq that its expained (if you only read the first half it gives the impression fc is needed)

Q: What would be the Flaming Cliffs 2 upgrade paths?

A: FC2 can be installed over any installation of Lock On, with or without Flaming Cliffs. FC2 is a separate install and does not overwrite your previous game(s). So, your options are either Lock On + Flaming Cliffs unofficial add-on (you would not have to activate) + Flaming Cliffs 2.0 upgrade or Lock On + Flaming Cliffs 2.0.

In some cases, it may be a good idea to fully uninstall your previous game (back up whatever you need first), reboot the PC and perform a clean installation of Lock On prior to installing FC2.

http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?end_pos=1849&scr=default

Yeah, it is somewhat ambiguous on Eagle Dynamics website. When I saw it on Direct2Drive randomly (I had no idea a there was a second FC at all), I made sure to see what it required assuming it only needed the original LOMAC.

Company of Heroes: Online.. still..

it helps when colleagues and friends team up, but the game is getting deeper and more competitive when you hit the higher levels..

Still, best of all, you can stick to the free to play model and beat paying players, or higher ranked players etc.

I bought Radeon 6870, and traditionaly the first game that i play after any big upgrade is Crysis. :D And i enjoy it every time.

Just finished Darksiders quite enjoyed it apart from one level where you have to align beams my god was that tedious

Just finished Darksiders quite enjoyed it apart from one level where you have to align beams my god was that tedious

So it is worthwhile? I have it on my list of games to get when they go on sale on Steam. But I was fearful it was suffering from terminal consolitis.

Just bought Worms:Reloaded and gifted it to a few friends since it was on sale on steam.
Not perfect, but a lot of fun playing custom games with friends. And the devs claim that by selling it directly through Steam without an extra distributor that they will listen closely to what their customers says. So hopefully they will fix the minor problems it suffers from.

you know what, all of a sudden i got real sick of having to do some difficult crap to make stalker clear sky work, but....i think this game is just about had it. i have uncomplete-able missions from freedom and duty, and now i am blocked by guys in a corridor before an emission; i can map hack past them only to die in the entrance of cordon base (after a constant run with energy drinks), or get to the other safe place on the other map; however bandits close the door just before i get in. which, if i did, i'd have to live through about 8 guys shooting at me point blank.

....but still, i bought cop

anyone know a god mode cheat?

X3: Reunion. IIRC I got about 100 mods/scritps installed + bonus pack. So awesome simulated living world. This game is pure definition of hardcore sim.

Actually its not it simulates space flight and spacecraft very badly

Independence War (slight pause to allow b3d readers to bow in reverence at its greatness) modeled ship systems much better and had a proper Newtonian flight model although it lacked a gravity simulation

X3: Reunion. IIRC I got about 100 mods/scritps installed + bonus pack. So awesome simulated living world. This game is pure definition of hardcore sim.

Hey man, I'm thinking about getting back into it. I have X3 gold, so I don't know if I should start with Terran Conflict or not. I never feel like I truly got my empire rolling in Reunion, so I'll probably go back--do you see any pros/cons between the two. Also, what are some of the best, most compatible mods? Bonus pack is a given. The two major content mods I'm looking at are X-tended (of course) and Transcendental, which I expect are mutually exclusive. Do you know of any good trade/empire management mods I should have?

@Davros: I think he may have meant in terms of economy and factions. I do recall inertia being a factor in the X games, but I think they normalized it to max velocity or something, e.g. you could power out of any drift. Does that sound right?

Oh the memories :smile:

Nothing like taking your first M2 out for a spin :devilish:

Hey man, I'm thinking about getting back into it. I have X3 gold, so I don't know if I should start with Terran Conflict or not. I never feel like I truly got my empire rolling in Reunion, so I'll probably go back--do you see any pros/cons between the two. Also, what are some of the best, most compatible mods? Bonus pack is a given. The two major content mods I'm looking at are X-tended (of course) and Transcendental, which I expect are mutually exclusive. Do you know of any good trade/empire management mods I should have?

@Davros: I think he may have meant in terms of economy and factions. I do recall inertia being a factor in the X games, but I think they normalized it to max velocity or something, e.g. you could power out of any drift. Does that sound right?

You may as well go ahead with Terran Conflict. It's basically X3:R + lots of stuff from Xtended (the awesome Paranid Deimos comes to mind) and new sectors.

As for trade scripts, Economy and Supply Trader is a huge win. Check out the other stuff that Lucike guy has done, it's all gold.

All these space "sims" are silly in the context of even basic Newtonian physics. That said, a truly accurate space combat simulator probably wouldn't be very fun for most people. Two shisp fly past each other at combined .2c, automated targeting systems exchange fire in a microsecond, one or both are dead :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back