What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i'm playing a game why the hell would I want to talk to someone playing a different game ?
Not too difficult to imagine a scenario. Imagine you're not really enjoying yourself a whole heck of a lot playing some game, and would perhaps rather be doing something else, but you're not sure what. Then your friend comes on and messages you, "Dude! We're having a great time over here playing X, but could really use another player!"

Doesn't sound like a bad thing to me.

So that's basically what Steam had for Eons?

Yes. But I don't find myself playing anything other than Blizzard titles, BC2 was an exception, very often. And not even my copy of BC2 was a Steam version.

Davros said:
If i'm playing a game why the hell would I want to talk to someone playing a different game ?

Why not? It's nice when you're diddling around in one game, say WoW, and a friend invites you to a SC2 match. That's mostly what happens with me, at least.

Went back to WoW. One thing I really enjoy about the RealID program, is cross-game chatting. I was chatting with some friends who were in the middle of a Starcraft bout. It's pretty amazing stuff.

WoW, however, has remained basically the same ;)

I just closed my WoW account, don't really have the time to dedicate to an MMO at the moment and WoW is always the same ole shit really.

i just started playing the witcher too, its good, but it does get insanely hard about half way into chapter 2. im not even playing on hard mode either. so far ive banged out 3 women and a prostitute, not bad lol.

LOL. Its not that hard I thought. What exactly are you having trouble with?

So your friends should have the inconvenience of having to pickup a phone to contact you when they likely have a headset/mic on to talk with their other friends in game? You obviously game alone and never on XBoxLive.

I have a phone and countless im's
Perhaps. But the nice thing about in-game support is that you don't have to alt+tab out of the game to see the IM. For phone, sure, I can understand that, but very few of the people I know online have my phone number.

I will grant that I probably won't ever make use of this particular feature myself, but I can understand how it can be rather nice for some players.

Going back and playing a bit of NWN2 again. They definitely have improved the user interface over from when the game was first released, but it's still nowhere near as good as it really should be.

Ground Control II - while cleaning out drawers I found a shrink-wrapped copy that I don't even remember bying :oops: but it was only €4.99 according to the sticker -- So far it is fun, graphics are OK to nice for a 2003-ish game and not too tough on my C2D laptop.

Learning curve has been steep though (for me) and there are some niggling GUI and control issues (not very customizable) but I'm getting used to it. Quite different to most RTS I've played - no base building, no resources, no tech tree -- makes figuring out units and how to use them properly, etc. take longer than usual.

I'm almost done with the first part of the campaign which I don't really care for in terms of story as it's the same old terrans vs. aliens vs. rebels crap that can be found in almost every post-Starcraft game from that era.

Playing the Witcher. Going to try to finish it this time despite the crappy combat in game. Just realized that Geralt is a sex addict and will screw basically anything in a skirt. :p Just a little more work and they could have made a medieval dating sim instead. :p

Regards,
SB

That's why I love that game :devilish:!
I've got used to combat half way through the game and then didn't even noticed it's annoying.
Remember to always have potions on hand when fighting bosses!

PS. when you finish let me know how this game ended for you!

Going back and playing a bit of NWN2 again. They definitely have improved the user interface over from when the game was first released, but it's still nowhere near as good as it really should be.

I still loved that game. By summer of 07 I'd played through it four complete times, with a handful of builds in Act 1. My lawful evil monk was probably my favorite, though the dragon build was also incredibly powerful. Aligning with the Shadow King and having the final combat scenario be against the party of NPCs you'd spent the entire game collecting was fun, as was the evil ending's cutscene.

I still loved that game. By summer of 07 I'd played through it four complete times, with a handful of builds in Act 1. My lawful evil monk was probably my favorite, though the dragon build was also incredibly powerful. Aligning with the Shadow King and having the final combat scenario be against the party of NPCs you'd spent the entire game collecting was fun, as was the evil ending's cutscene.
One thing I did once or twice was make use of one of these power builds:
http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Power_Builds

I think I've done the eldritch blade build, as well as the dragonmaster negotiator. It's been a while, but man, those builds can be truly powerful. Currently I'm just doing a simple scholar of candlekeep, and he's rather fun to play.

When you mention the evil path, though, I realize that I don't think I've ever taken the evil path in this game. I'll definitely have to do that soon...

LOL. Its not that hard I thought. What exactly are you having trouble with?

well its not that bad, but it did ramp up pretty dramatically, going from trivially easy to hard.

im in the swamp now, guiding gramps to his house, i dont have any pots on me either which is probably why its so hard. the plant creature in particular can take out 1/4 of my health in 1 hit.

i havent had time to play in a couple days im gonna hop on it now. the combats pretty fun imo.

One thing I did once or twice was make use of one of these power builds:
http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Power_Builds

I think I've done the eldritch blade build, as well as the dragonmaster negotiator. It's been a while, but man, those builds can be truly powerful. Currently I'm just doing a simple scholar of candlekeep, and he's rather fun to play.

When you mention the evil path, though, I realize that I don't think I've ever taken the evil path in this game. I'll definitely have to do that soon...

Wow, wish that resource had been available to me years ago. I'm now half-tempted to reinstall NWN2 and all its expansions.

My RDD build used a scythe and pretty much solo'd the red dragon. He was criting for over 100hp at times, insane damage output.

I think Obsidian actually made the camera controls worse with Storm of Zehir though.

i just started playing the witcher too, its good, but it does get insanely hard about half way into chapter 2. im not even playing on hard mode either. so far ive banged out 3 women and a prostitute, not bad lol.

One easy way to get through the game is to get the three red meteorite sword in the first chapter, and to focus on Igni. It lowers enemy defense, and it does a crapload of damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back