What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Medieval TW2, Crysis, World in Conflict, L4D right now.
God bored with Fallout 3 as predicted...

Now and then I play some Mount & Blade, good game.

I want to continue playing Baldur's gate 2 which I haven't completed yet, but I'll probably complete the first Baldur's gate game and its expansion first.

I've never played Planescape Torment, I've heard it's very good, about as good as Baldur's gate 2 (which is the best game I've ever played, I think).

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never played Planescape Torment, I've heard it's very good, about as good as Baldur's gate 2 (which is the best game I've ever played, I think).
Many consider it significantly better. It's a bit more story-oriented, with more vivid characters and a much more exotic setting.

Many consider it significantly better. It's a bit more story-oriented, with more vivid characters and a much more exotic setting.

Even more vivid characters, sounds good.

My monitor's native resolution is 1280x1024, 1024x768 looks good but 800x600 is the limit.
Do Planescape Torment have support for 1024x768 resolution and higher?

Even more vivid characters, sounds good.

My monitor's native resolution is 1280x1024, 1024x768 looks good but 800x600 is the limit.
Do Planescape Torment have support for 1024x768 resolution and higher?
No, unfortunately. That's a big drawback: no res control. It's quite a bit older tech than BG2, and only barely advanced over BG1.

No, unfortunately. That's a big drawback: no res control. It's quite a bit older tech than BG2, and only barely advanced over BG1.

There are mods out that help with that though. Hell, you can play BG1 using BG2's engine if you want.

Torment remains to this day the pinnacle of quality writing for all of PC gaming. Personally, the gameplay of BG2 is better, but if you appreciate the written word then Torment is rather unique and special.

There are mods out that help with that though. Hell, you can play BG1 using BG2's engine if you want.

Torment remains to this day the pinnacle of quality writing for all of PC gaming. Personally, the gameplay of BG2 is better, but if you appreciate the written word then Torment is rather unique and special.
I should mention that despite the lower-quality engine, I think that visually, Torment is just worlds above all of the other Infinity engine games, BG2 included.

Thanks for the help, with the resolution mod it even supports wide-screen 1680x1050 (Planescape Torment). Good for when I buy a new monitor in the future.

pstlarge6.jpg

I also found this:

"This is a short video showing Planescape Torment played in 1680x1050 using Ghostdog's UI mod. This mod is used in conjunction with the widescreen mod to make all resolutions viable for the game.

The Widescreen mod works well in Planescape: Torment, but unfortunately when you change the resolution, almost all of the UI elements and game effects are shown in the top-left area since they were set for the original 640x480 game resolution.

What this mod does is center all of these elements and enhance the UI with original game art to fit nicely with any resolution. Additionally, bigger fonts are available for those with relatively small monitors."

Ghostdog's UI mod, apparently fixes it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Davros blessed me with links to Fallout game HD/widescreen mods. Going to jump today or tomorrow into the world of Fallout 2!

padawn, Planescape Torment looks awesome and I who never played it... yet. :LOL:

Doom on the iPhone.

Classic. Doom.

I've had a tent in my pants all day. One I can't hide during meetings.

Replaying Oblivion, but this time with the eleventy brazillion mods enabled for high-res textures, leveling fixes, lighting fixes, character / mesh reskinning, yadda yadda.

Replaying Oblivion, but this time with the eleventy brazillion mods enabled for high-res textures, leveling fixes, lighting fixes, character / mesh reskinning, yadda yadda.

I wonder when Bethesda is going to show The Elderscrolls V. I remember they said that they had already started with it when Oblivion launched, and that was almost 4 years ago.
Shouldn't be long.

School has started, so I'm playing more Adobe Illustrator than anything else. :LOL:

Otherwise it would be even more Dirt 2 and some L4D 2 with the guys in the animation lab.

Right now i am playing Team Fortress 2 and just started again Myst V end of ages (never went far before and decided to give it a try again )

Doom on the iPhone.

Classic. Doom.

I've had a tent in my pants all day. One I can't hide during meetings.

then get xxxdooom.wad !
I remember it, back in the pre-internet days. That was awesome, especially the elevator's door at the end of level :). It's an excellent retexturing mod.

Still playing Dead Space... Man, does it actually get interesting or fun at all? It's just that I'm about up to the 4th chapter and it's been the same crap over and over. Walk into room, lights fail, creatures methodically spawn in script-like fashion, kill enemies, lights come back on. It's quite unoriginal, and it takes me back to the old Serious Sam days where you'd just walk into an area, sit in a corner and click your mouse every few seconds when the enemies spawn.

That, and it's constant back-and-forth 'quests'... "Isaac! Go get some thermite!". And "Isaac! Go put some fuel in the engine and turn it on!" Or"Isaac! This giant armored creature you're fighting about 20m away from me is really tough, let me just sit here all cosy, chatting to you about things you should try and do to defeat it, rather than walking for 10 seconds to come help you!".

You'd think you were playing an MMO or something :???:

You'd think you were playing an MMO or something :???:

Hey ! :devilish: in MMO you have lot of random events like Easter egg hunt, snowball fights, Halloween etc :cool:

And you can do whatever you want :p

Put aside my MMO bias, i must agree that Dead Space does feel a bit ... repetitive after a while

And i am afraid it wont change much in later levels :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back