What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Left 4 Dead 2 demo. It bored me to tears. Fear not, the PC beta for Bad Company 2 is on the horizon. I have such high expectations for this game, it's not even funny. In fact, I may wind up pre-ordering it, today. Limited Edition, of course.

The only reason I even considered the L4D2 demo, was because my Steam client alerted me of it's presence. I've taken a liking to the "The Hunger" series, and am hoping TH2 winds up being released, someday.

Oh well. Back to Dragon Age and my elite new character :)

Just finished Risen. Going to get back into some WoW and exploring Crysis again on the new GPU thanks to Steam half-price weekend for it. Waiting on the wife to finish Dragon Age before I start playing it.

On the Box --> Forza III Motorsport <-- simply FANTASTIC
On the PC --> Heroes of Might and Magic V <-- can't stop playing that stupid game, it's so consuming :LOL:
Also thanks to HD5870 I'm cutting palm trees in Crysis again (my favorite FPP) and just bought Mass Effect (Steam offer addict here) to see the difference between Box and PC version (loved that game):!:

Been playing a ton of Uncharted 2. Can't get over how good this game looks! (Even though it has many shortcomings.) Also, Call of Pripyat again - another fantastic looking game. Been playing around with the weather files to see if I can improve the atmosphere but it's a lot of work.

Same here, bought it last weekend - what a fantastic game. I was similarly blown away by how good it looks, even compared to PC games running at higher resolutions.

Assassin's Creed for the PC... for a few days and now I have planned to never play this rubbish every again. Absolutely HORRIBLE facial animation and expressions on all characters, reminds me of Splinter Cell which was really boring as well. There's nothing to do in the game, you're not free to go anywhere you wish. The interaction with the environment is lacking. All the NPCs have the same two to three lines repeated OVER and OVER again. The game is too linear, they tried to spice it up with eagle towers. It's too damn easy when your character climbs and does everything for you. Worst of all is the bullshit 12 step to quit game menus. Why did they have to make it so difficult to reload a level or to quit a game? The fighting system is too easy and even the color palette looks oversaturated with too much HDR. Another disappointing title thanks for the low standards induced by consoles.

Left 4 Dead 2 demo. It bored me to tears. Fear not, the PC beta for Bad Company 2 is on the horizon. I have such high expectations for this game, it's not even funny. In fact, I may wind up pre-ordering it, today. Limited Edition, of course.

The only reason I even considered the L4D2 demo, was because my Steam client alerted me of it's presence. I've taken a liking to the "The Hunger" series, and am hoping TH2 winds up being released, someday.

The Demo isn't anywhere near as good as the game, and i have no clue why. I played through four out of the five campaigns yesterday, and each level was better than the demo...

This is one of those cases where the demo doesn't represent the quality of the game. I don't know why Valve picked those levels. They're boring as hell.

Assassin's Creed for the PC... for a few days and now I have planned to never play this rubbish every again. Absolutely HORRIBLE facial animation and expressions on all characters, reminds me of Splinter Cell which was really boring as well. There's nothing to do in the game, you're not free to go anywhere you wish. The interaction with the environment is lacking. All the NPCs have the same two to three lines repeated OVER and OVER again. The game is too linear, they tried to spice it up with eagle towers. It's too damn easy when your character climbs and does everything for you. Worst of all is the bullshit 12 step to quit game menus. Why did they have to make it so difficult to reload a level or to quit a game? The fighting system is too easy and even the color palette looks oversaturated with too much HDR. Another disappointing title thanks for the low standards induced by consoles.

Alt + Q I think. Quits straight away. I quite like AC actually, its a fairly slow game but if you settle down for a couple of hours with it I find it pretty immersive. Graphics are gorgeous too.

Acquired a copy of the first Halo for PC. Pretty fun, though the firefights get kind of old quick since they all play out pretty much the same way each time.

Heh yeah replaying Halo as well. Graphics crud, port is crud, but it's still a really fun game. Except I just ran into Guilty Spark and making my way towards the Index, and this section is about 4 times too long.

Since I am in Cali visiting home I have access to my PS3 so I bought meself Uncharted 1 and 2. Beat 1 and I am close to the end of 2 and I am just literally flabbergasted at how awesome the games are. Just amazing. Naughty Dog = Win.

Very busy few weeks for me and my collection has grown significantly since the beginning of the month.

• GTAIV (pick up and play, no concentration required)
  • Resident Evil 5 (online coop with friends)
  • STALKER CS (graphics whoring)
  • Borderlands (online coop with friends)
  • Star Wars Force Unleashed (a bit meh)
  • APB Beta (fandabidozzie!)
  • Dragon Age - Origins (Absolutely loving this right now, but it really needs a hi-res texture overhaul. Gameplay is very solid though)
  • Ninja Blade - Just about to install this one. Looks good even if it is a tad clunky and a bastard child of ninja gaiden its the only game of its kind on PC right now and it should be celebrated)

Now if I can just pull a sicky for a few days I might complete one or two of em. :devilish:

I just picked up the original Bad Company for 360 for 20 bucks! It's only a year old and it's already dropped to a nice price. I feel like I robbed Gamestop....

I just picked up the original Bad Company for 360 for 20 bucks! It's only a year old and it's already dropped to a nice price. I feel like I robbed Gamestop....

It's one of those "classics" games, my local gamestore even offered the deluxe edition for the same price. picked up rock band, guitar hero 3 and Endwar for €10 a piece.

Someone around here mentioned Star Wars: Rebellion. .. have been playing it for the past few days since I have to wait for Armada 2526 to come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back