What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
1024 MEGA-bytes full of crap...

i once, fulfilled with boredomness, striped down quake3 to a size of 4.8 megabytes. three 1.44mb disks: dm17 and grunt plus sarge. i guess thats kinda the formula for quantity vs. quality...me thinks at least.
Clearly you must be a very boring person. Variety is the spice of life.

P.S. It's 1000MB. Hard drives report sizes in GB/MB/KB instead of the unpronounceable GiB/MiB/KiB.

dont be too hard on him you have no idea how much fun quake 3 with only dm17 can be :D

ps: not what are you playing now but what are you playing with now

got these 2 for £10 each in the sale - they are £25 each on logitechs site

Last edited by a moderator:
dont be too hard on him you have no idea how much fun quake 3 with only dm17 can be :D

ps: not what are you playing now but what are you playing with now

got these 2 for £10 each in the sale - they are £25 each on logitechs site

My cousin has the gamepad, I love the feel of the d-pad on it. His doesn't have triggers, unfortunately, more PS2-style (probably not analog, though).

Playing an oldie in new wrapping: Colonization. Saw it on Steam and figured I'd buy and give it a try. It's slightly different from the original, difficult to get back to the setting. The real challenge will be the time-limit, can't remember that from the original. Other then that I love it. Finally a game that get's me back to the old 'one more turn'-bite. :p

Davros: one question...do you have no-cd cracks for all those games or a huge pile of CDs next to your computer?

Damn, I knew I shouldn't have hit this thread...

Now I'm having a craving for things like...

Aces of the Pacific (mmmm, first textured flight sim).

Dungeon Master (I was so happy when this was ported from the Amiga to the PC) Wow, there's even a site dedicated to it.../drool. I'll have to figure out if it'll run on Vista. http://dmweb.free.fr/?q=node/622

All the awesome space sims Davros was kind enough to point out to me that rat bastard.

Interstate 76. OMG, I wish there was an updated version of this.

Ultima Underground.

System Shock I (Sigh, Origin really was a good dev before EA took over)

System Shock II (going to have to track down the updated version of this again)

The original Populus, Syndicate, Dungeon Keeper I & II (Bullfrog was really good until...yeah sold to EA. /cry)

The original Fallout I and II (hate Fallout 3).

Which means Wasteland.../drool

Speaking of game back on the Apple ][. Wizardry I: Proving ground of the mad overlord (Trebor sucks)

The original Voxel based Commanche...

Gah, damn you all I've got all these old games going through my head now.

Regards,
SB

PS - you all suck. :)

Today news reached me of Gaming Goodness being held captive,
So immediately I went on a crusade to the holy land (er.. holy gamestore) to rescue the illusive slices of Goodness and add it to the sacred terrabyte. After battleing hoards of infedels(console gamers) I got to the budget section, here I came across 5 silver discs. Legend has it that these discs contain :
rainbow six vegas
starwars battlefront
dragonshard
loki
overspeed
unfortunately the discs were being watched, I bribed the guard (known locally as a shop assistant) the princely sum of £20 and quickly made my escape, another guard alerted to my actions shoted menacingly "do you have a clubcard" as I exited the store.

You never answered my question...you must have an enormous stack of CDs to rifle through whenever you switch games...?

Damn...I just got reminded how impressive the game collection you have is. I think I would game more if I didnt have to go through with the annoying installation and patching process and configuring the games etc etc. Wait a minute...that sounds more like what a console gamer would say....I refuse to become an infidel...I guess I will install FEAR when I get home and get the crap scared out of me. Havent finished Portal though...kind of stuck on the 19th or 20th level....

sorry mize I do have 720 cd's near my desk in cd racks, but most of the games ive got installed come in dvd cases so they are all relegated to the cupboards under the stairs
did you know 114 dvd's form a stack 6 foot high (you learn something new every day)
I do use nocd's the exception are those games I play online although im more of a single player guy

if I didnt have to go through with the annoying installation and patching process and configuring the games etc etc.

thats why I burn to disc every patch, addon, mod I download one day in the future they may not be on the net
also ive bought an external usb+esata hdd caddy and a 1tb hdd and when the Terrabyte is completed it will be copied to that disk and the disk will never be overridden. In the futue i'll be able to connect it to a pc and abracadabra instant Goodness ;) most games will actually run fine like that

Last edited by a moderator:
There are not enough good games out there for 1TB of space. I can count the games playable more then once on my hands and toes.

There are not enough good games out there for 1TB of space. I can count the games playable more then once on my hands and toes.

You forgot to mention you have more toes and fingers then a regular human. To much S.T.A.L.K.E.R.? :p

sorry mize I do have 720 cd's near my desk in cd racks, but most of the games ive got installed come in dvd cases so they are all relegated to the cupboards under the stairs
did you know 114 dvd's form a stack 6 foot high (you learn something new every day)
I do use nocd's the exception are those games I play online although im more of a single player guy

thats why I burn to disc every patch, addon, mod I download one day in the future they may not be on the net
also ive bought an external usb+esata hdd caddy and a 1tb hdd and when the Terrabyte is completed it will be copied to that disk and the disk will never be overridden. In the futue i'll be able to connect it to a pc and abracadabra instant Goodness ;) most games will actually run fine like that

Regardless of me agreeing with STALKER, that is still freaking impressive there Davros :oops:

No, just a taste in games that doesn't revolve around accepting shit.
Sounds to me more like you just haven't paid much attention to most games. Sure, if you're talking about games that were, say, released in the last year or two, I could imagine the number worth playing being that small. But the last ten years? Twenty? Huge numbers of excellent games have been released in that time.

Playing a LOT of ancient games I used to buy from bargain bins but never played. Enclave (never finished), Land of the Dead, re playing Call of Cthulu (orgasm)... Just lots of oldies since I'm gaming on an x1900 for a while.

Playing nothing but the latest games fucking spoils your mind and makes you miss out on potential gems. In some ways, I'm really glad my newer videocards died, because I'm having so much more fun playing oldies than I ever did playing all these newer titles.

Heh, I'm already preparing to expand my WHS machine with 8x2gb drives. For old movies and games.

I think I'm going to finally get off my butt and do what I planned on doing ages ago. Start hunting down and collecting every single Apple ][, PC, and arcade game made since 1980. PC games only since 1990 though unless there wasn't an Apple equivalent. Oh and every single Amiga game made.

I think I "should" have enough room. I've got a closet full of hermetically sealed CD and DVD games as well as a box of old 3.5" and 5.25" games. Most of the CD and DVD games I've already ripped to HD. This way I can keep the original media as unused as possible.

Although I'm STILL majorly PO'd my cousin took my original boxed copy of Wizard I: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord from around 1981. /sigh.

Regards,
SB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back