What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I really didnt mean for beyond3d to become the laughing stock. Its just I got into PC games late...and so graphics and eye candy and flashy stuff was the primary concern for me. But now that i have matured a bit and with all these mods and stuff I may give it another shot to be fair.

Hahah, it's OK... But the original Half Life is a game that just deserves to be played right out, that's all. It's akin to Deus Ex and System Shock 2. Sure, average visuals, but gameplay far surpassing that of most games out today in a similar vein. Hey, DX and SS2 even have their own visual upgrades! :smile:

Thanks for the links Sobek...and tell me how you really feel about Alyx...yikes lol! She didnt get stuck in the doors or anything for me. I guess I get attached to characters easily in movies and in games. Like jar jar is annoying but I dont hate him kind of thing you know?

I didn't really mind Alyx in HL2, that wasn't so bad. But it was in Ep1 that she really started to shit me off. I don't see many people complaining about her becoming stuck and such, but I get it ALL THE TIME. Every time I play, whether it's a revisit or a first play or whatever, that idiot will do something stupid like walk into a doorframe and just sidestep back and forth in it FOREVER until I reload and beat her through it or something. Or she'll go to walk up a bit of rubble and just start walking in little circles forever and ever... Crap like that. Don't be fooled, I get very easily attached to characters too, even the ones that are annoying! (when they're made intentionally so, that is). But this one just takes the cake.

As for Jar Jar, I think he's a bit of a neutral for hatred because it's so fun to rag on him and wish his death in every scene :D

Meanwhile, I'm still playing through Tomb Raider : Anniversary. Had Legend, played a fair bit of it then just kinda 'got over' it for some reason, until about a month ago when I fired it up again and for no reason suddenly found it very very fun. Blasted through that one, went and get Anniversary, and have now done the same bloody thing. Though I'm forcing myself to play it a bit each night to get past this current level that really sucks (that one with the various 'Gods' rooms like Poseidon and such). Just want to get finished with them before Underworld comes out :cool:

I've never had or heard of such issues with Alyx. Truth be told without her EP1 would have been a rather bad game.

I've never had or heard of such issues with Alyx.

Yeah, most people don't seem to... My friend and I get this kind of garbage all the time. I even went and recorded videos of it at one stage because it was just so slap-your-head stupid and funny after happening for the 4th or 5th time in a row.

Truth be told without her EP1 would have been a rather bad game.

Of course, partly because the whole episode was practically built around her. It could also have been a truly excellent game if it didn't have her, but I guess we'll never know. The copy+paste environments sure didn't help though. Barney was the highlight :smile:

Bah, HL2 was pretty boring. At least Alyx brings some substance to the game. I want to see those stupid wooden boxes with health power ups gone.

I really enjoyed HL2 when it was out. Episode 1 was pretty good, but at first it felt tired. Episode 2 felt even more tired, and it actually took me until a few weeks ago to play through, despite buying it day 1. In the end, it was a solid experience and I was happy that I finally sat down and finished it.

Right now I'm playing Mass Effect a second time, slowly. I'm also playing Castle Crashers and hopefully will start Braid. Unfortunately there's nothing on the PC front that I'm playing.

Finished playing Mass Effect(soldier boy) and busy replaying it as a woman Tech/Psych .. and turns out she's lesbian. :)

Anyways, playing DOTA AI at home .. with GTR Evolution and GRID. Got Diablo 2 installed but haven't played it since I started ME.

I play CSS and COD4 online when I get the chance.

US

ha also playing gtr evolution + grid
/me loves my momo

also playing the installation game
still got 300gb left to fill untill I reach my dream of 1 terrabyte of gaming goodness...

How is GTR Evolution guys? I have played maybe 8 hours of GRID but for some reason can't truly get into it.

it rocks as does everything by simbin

GTR: Evolution Sept. 1 - RACE07 Free
Steam has word that preorders are now being accepted for GTR: Evolution, and that the latest installment in SimBin's RACE series, will be released on September 1. Those who preorder the game before release will get the full version of Race 2007 for free, and those who already own Race '07 can prepurchase the game for half-price.

The physics seem awesome as usual, the graphics are better(or on par with Race07). The installation CD while in the drive says Race07, which ironically enough is the same as the older Race07 game but then it's just an updated Race07 version 1.1.1.2. You have 2 installation options, install the online version with Steam, or install the offline version.

Still, the new tracks and cars are good.

My current Top Time around the famous Nordschleife is 06:42.268

I used the Chevrolet Extreme WTCC - Default car setup

I've uploaded my HOT LAP :) and made a vid of it too. ;) I eventually got the vid down to 50Mb, so the quality ain't the best but the Hot Lap should do it for you if you got the game. :).

Enjoy

US

Last edited by a moderator:
Battlefield 2

To my surprise, I actually got the thing installed yesterday. Recently I've been encoutering errors lately that halt the installation due to a giant gouge in first cd. But alas, minutes later I was patched, installed and ready to rock again. In my opinion, this is the greatest online shooter ever made. I've always hailed BF2 as one of the kings, but this is my first time playing it on a quad core/64 bit OS/Vista and it's better then ever. Load times have decreased dramatically, which is especially nice whenever you alter video settings and the newly instilled settings have to load. I forgot how much I had unlocked from my prior run ins. The "Special Forces" expansion also allowed me a few more unlocks when I installed it, so my weapon loadout is pretty insane. I'm really happy to be playing this again. The only downside is the drastic decrease in servers as the game continues to age. I noticed about half as many as the last time I was playing it, a few months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back