What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished COD4 ! Found it awesome :smile: ! Especially the Ghille level where u follow the sniper.It was Cinematic love!
Now playing Gears of War and Stalker. Both of them are too different and I keep dying in Stalker after playing Gears. Those damn soldiers just won't die, but the atmosphere is so beautiful that i can't let go of it:cool:! I am at the beginning where you have to "Save Mole" from this group of Soldiers, i guess.They are too many and I can't overcome them at all. Any tips?:???:

Also, I had helped some people around and i got the message saying "Come back for Reward". The next time i loaded up the game, the messages just dissappeared from my PDA !!! I didn't get any reward but helped those buggers!

Finding it very difficult with multiple enemies. Any tips would be very welcome!
Otherwise the atmosphere is pure Awesome! the feeling of Lonelyness is just too well done !:cool:

Finding it very difficult with multiple enemies. Any tips would be very welcome!
Otherwise the atmosphere is pure Awesome! the feeling of Lonelyness is just too well done !:cool:

With Stalker you have to treat it a bit more realistically than "run and gun". You have to take cover, pop out, pick stragglers off, drop back into cover to reload. It's not a sneak-em-up, but standing in the open will get you shot by the enemy (who often take cover and will outnumber you).

Kneeling, aiming, not moving, better weapons, etc will all help your shots be more effective, and generally you are better off picking enemies off from distance and cover than trying to get up close and out in the open. Even getting closer or better angles on enemies should involve you moving from cover to cover to get there.

I would've loved to have played Stalker, but the extreme head bouncing made me nauseous (only the 2nd shooter to ever have this effect on me). Was this ever patched out or made adjustable?

With Stalker you have to treat it a bit more realistically than "run and gun". You have to take cover, pop out, pick stragglers off, drop back into cover to reload. It's not a sneak-em-up, but standing in the open will get you shot by the enemy (who often take cover and will outnumber you).

Kneeling, aiming, not moving, better weapons, etc will all help your shots be more effective, and generally you are better off picking enemies off from distance and cover than trying to get up close and out in the open. Even getting closer or better angles on enemies should involve you moving from cover to cover to get there.

I know , it is very different in that regard and I think that is what makes it so unique, but the sheer number of the soldiers is too much right now and I am just an hour or two into the game. Will give it a try again.

Renegade, the game absolutely drags you through the fire for the first couple hours. Just stick with it until you get some better guns, then the game gets easier. Still challenging, but no longer ridiculous.

I know , it is very different in that regard and I think that is what makes it so unique, but the sheer number of the soldiers is too much right now and I am just an hour or two into the game. Will give it a try again.

You don't have to shoot each thing you see first off. You can pop out, see where the enemy is, then duck back or move around without shooting till you get a better line of fire. Especially at the beginning you can wait for the enemy to come to you, or even fall back as you pick them off.

As JR says, as you get better weapons and some of the modifier items, you can hit harder when you shoot the enemies. Until then you have to be cautious and sneaky.

Gnerma c&c renegade ? I finished that not long ago

now playing freedom force vs the third riech irrational once again prove they are master story tellers
ps: where did they get the funds to pay sean conerry to do the voice of manowar and jimmy steward to do the voice of the rocket man dude

I am playing COD4 at the moment and what a game. The presentation is top notch and the graphics...well its awesome with the in-game settings maxed out. I am not so sure if I should tweak anything from the SLI profile itself. I mean this si the way game engines should be written IMHO...perfect!

CoD4 is very impressive. It's a good looking game and it has basically nothing that offends you (sometimes I think that's more important than check box feature support) and to top it off it runs very well.

You don't have to shoot each thing you see first off. You can pop out, see where the enemy is, then duck back or move around without shooting till you get a better line of fire. Especially at the beginning you can wait for the enemy to come to you, or even fall back as you pick them off.

As JR says, as you get better weapons and some of the modifier items, you can hit harder when you shoot the enemies. Until then you have to be cautious and sneaky.

hmm....I'll keep that in mind. One more thing, What is number we see just under the radar on the top left?
It keeps changing.Is it the number of enemies around me? and there are two opposite facing arrows which I guess is the compass.

hmm....I'll keep that in mind. One more thing, What is number we see just under the radar on the top left?
It keeps changing.Is it the number of enemies around me? and there are two opposite facing arrows which I guess is the compass.

Its the number of detected PDA's, that means number of characters in a limited radius, bad or good. You can enter your PDA and choose the flick 'contacts' and check who the 'numbers' are! :smile:

CoD4 is very impressive. It's a good looking game and it has basically nothing that offends you (sometimes I think that's more important than check box feature support) and to top it off it runs very well.

Well war and violence is offending enough hehe but its a badass game! I am really looking forward to what they can deliver for the next version. It actually makes me want to go buy the original COD! I remember playing the Medal of Honor series and that was a crapload of fun too!

At the moe I'm playing :

PC - Alone in the Dark (has quite some nice cinematic sequences) surisingly fun (I went in with very low expections).

X360 - Halo 3.

PS3 - COD3 (pants gameplay, esp compared to all other CODs).

PSP - Medal on Honor Heroes 2 and Locoroco.

well, restarted Stalker and got the armour from the roof of the building in the beginning and it became much more manageable. Now I am in love with the game :D!! I love the atmosphere, the way the whole weather changes into cloudy to sunny to dark , its just awesome. I am playing with the SKY4Ace mod. i hope it is okay to play with it for first timers, hope it doesn't affect the gameplay. i think it just adds Parallax mapping, Screen Space AO, motion blur, etc.

I [posted some screenshots in the screenshots thread!

Its a great game, been at the X18 lab? That place is a "peaceful and calm place"... or so I was trying to say to myself... :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back