What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Command & Conquer - Renegade

Its a good game, had a well known ip and a huge fanbase
how in the hell wasnt it a success ?

Been playing Assassin's Creed on 360, got to many games to play, but I recently beat Ace Combat X on PSP and Ace Combat 2 on the PS1. AC2 is extremely hard to find and a friend got it off Ebay for me for Christmas. It's in perfect condition too which makes me really happy and now my AC collection is complete :LOL:

Also been playing BF2 lately, but it sure pisses me off how long it takes to rank up in that game after your first 3 or 4 rank ups. I want my P90 for anti-vehicle class and my MP7 for repair class so bad.(third tier weapons)

whats assasins creed like its supposed to be comming out on the pc

My experience is very limited. I played it for a few hours with my brother when he bought it for the PS3. It seems to be VERY slow to get going. The climbing is really amazing, as is the free running stuff. Combat is mediocre. I wasn't captivated by the story and there are a number of sequences at the beginning where you're forced to listen to some extended and boring dialog. My brother said it gets better once you're past the whole "tutorial" section of the game. I'm still interested in seeing more of it.

Went back to playing Oblivion after my upgrade. It's mind bogglingly beautiful. Natural environments may be one of the best mods in the history of the universe. The first time I saw a thunderstorm followed by a rainbow was one of the greatest gaming experiences of my adult life. The nice thing about NE is the weather inetensity options. Rain can range from a light sprinkle to an all out downpour. The addition of insects and birds is a really nice touch, also. The skybox is hands down the best skybox ever.

Been playing the "rig decided to stop working for no reason now you have to figure it out" game for the last 36 hours or so. Otherwise Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (PC, 360, PS3) & N+ (360). And way too much Team Fortress 2. I've got to stop that.

I love it how people complain about games that don't run on every PC like Crysis, but some modern console games run just as bad at times. The difference being you can't do anything about it. I'm looking at you Vegas 2 360.

Im posting this in response to a lot of negative oblivion comments in a thread in the console forum about how it was dumbed down. This is a list of great mods to make the game much more realistic and more difficult. I don't use a lot of these mods in regular play though because I dont really want the game to be more difficult, but here they are :p.........

Oh wow, thanks a bunch for those! I'll definitely check them out :)

Thanks, Mulciber :)

That's making me really ache for my desktop machine. I can't wait until it finally gets out here!

Currently i m playing cricket 2007,mario bros,bomber man, pingpong ,adventures,these all my favorite one.

I'm playing Return to Catle Wolfenstein at the moment and really enjoying it. Although based on, I think, the Quake 2 engine the good use of textures means it is not too far behind and still has a good dose of realism considering. Maybe having it at 1920x1200 on a 24inch means it is more immersive now.

Other good points are the very quick level load times and also it still managed to have a level of apprehension in the vaults section which some modern games, ie HL2 lack.

Downside was the AI which although good for it's day is now nothing special, also some clipping problem with doors etc turns up quite a lot.

But enjoyable none the less.

Yeah, I really enjoyed RTCW back in the day. It uses the Quake 3 (Team Arena build?) engine, but had decent texturing -- particularly for the characters (faces) for the time; much better than the subsequent MOH in that respect. While it doesn't have the cinematic narrative and "over-analyzed" gameplay/design of HL2 (and eps), I enjoyed the variety of locales/levels, the cliche voices and the far-out enemies.

The pumping soundtrack could have been fleshed out with a couple more tunes, but otherwise it's a neat "one man versus the entire Nazi war machine epic." I hope the sequel that Raven has apparently been working on for a while (announced at the X:05 Expo in late 2005) comes out kicking soon.

anyone know if the natural environments mod for oblivion can be applied to an existing game? i still have my ORIGINAL game going!

Playing now? i finally fell into the WoW trap. im a level 22 Human Rogue...after roughly 3 weeks of off/on play...i played to level 21 with daggers alone (didn't realize i could've trained swords). lol. still im digging it. i have till late June to finish (subscription runs out)...i also have burning crusade in the wings.

unfinished: james bond nightfire replay, witcher, two worlds, oblivion, gothic3

abandoned: hellgate, that SOF3 bomb, & kane&Lynch

anyone know if the natural environments mod for oblivion can be applied to an existing game? i still have my ORIGINAL game going!
Oh, yeah, absolutely. Nearly all Oblivion mods work perfectly on existing games. The problem is usually uninstalling them (mostly you just have to make sure your character's not in an area that's uninstalled). And it'd probably be a good idea to have a couple of copies of your game saved before attempting any leveling/creature balance mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back