What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was always a big fan of the Close Combat games. Is Company of Heroes more tactical like Close Combat, or does it fall more in line with C&C?

I was always a big fan of the Close Combat games. Is Company of Heroes more tactical like Close Combat, or does it fall more in line with C&C?

I dug that series, too. I wouldn't go so low as to relate CoH to C&C (really not fond of the latter) ;) but it's more classic RTS than Close Combat, yeah. It's actually almost exactly like Relic's Warhammer: Dawn of War game, but with soldiers instead of space marines. They're both pretty good for RTSes but neither of them captured my imagination. Not sure why.

Playing KOTORII:TSL through. I stopped in the middle of Telos the first couple of times I tried it, I suppose because it wasn't holding my attention quite as well as KOTOR did. It is a lot of fun, though, now that I am not comparing it to the original. I wish they would make a KOTOR3 and actually complete it this time before release!

Feeling a bit strange saying this, but: nothing at all on my PC. Nothing out there at the moment that could excite me in any way.

Feeling a bit strange saying this, but: nothing at all on my PC. Nothing out there at the moment that could excite me in any way.

yeah im ready for another grabber. i play less and less in 1 sitting these days. sometimes only an hr...usually just a couple. and i replay a lot of grabber titles.

most games im playing now (not replays) are games i've had going for 6 months to over a year!

already bagged (uninstalled without finishing) silent hunter 4 (got bored...just like with SH3)...and flight sim X (okay, but 13G!...and i didn't really take advantage of that...it wasn't THAT beautiful).

im probably gonna make some progress in gothic 3 and/or oblivion this weekend.

Well, I began my descent into WoW again last Friday, and to be honest I'm really happy I did. I took Skrying's advice and joined his server. So far the experience has been pleasant, and Skrying's been a lot of help in terms of me re-assimilating into WoW, especially since I went back to Horde this time and there's a lot I've forgotten. The thing I enjoy most about Horde is the PvP. Having played Alliance characters for almost two years, the CONSTANT stream of battleground loses was draining, and virually impossible to actually achieve any of the rewards. Horde is obviously a lot more organized, it's blatantly obvious in terms of communication. Allies typically whined back and forth placing blame on other people while not actually getting anything accomplished. Also having instant BG queues is also great. My last server the wait times were typically 15-20 minutes, on a good day and those were just the lower level BG's, AV was a solid hour wait.

What is the level limit of LOTR and does it work like WoW where about half of the game really doesn't open up till you've hit max level?

Oh god, there's even a Warcraft banner at the top of this page. This forum is dead to me now :arrow:

On the plus side, i'm playing ArmA again, now that I have a videocard that can actually run it maxed out without vomiting blood.

Playing a bunch of Supreme Commander.
Just vs. the supposedly retarded AI & its kicking my ass over & over :???:
Not at all appreciating the implications :oops:

Recently finished DiRT, and it's a bit disappointing you don't get anything for finishing the Championship (not Career) mode. (like perhaps the ability to race any of the cars on any track.)

Also it would have been nice to be able to save some of the replays.

knowing codemasters they are probably saving the extra cars, tracks ect for those that pay..

Not that I agree with Codemaster's ethics on this, the codes that they sell for their games, don't unlock anything you can't get by completing the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back