What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Battlefield 2. Actually I should correct myself, I'm on hiatus from the game and I refuse to fire even one more round until EA has gotten off their lazy ass and resolved the updating freeze that's plaguing the game. Ranks/Medals/Awards haven't been updated in over two weeks. You can still EARN awards in game, but they'll never register on your BFHQ. Which is just terrible. I picked someone off from what must have been a mile away with the most beautiful shot from my M24 possibly ever fired, achieving with that shot a "Veteran's Sniper Combat" badge. And that was the last I ever heard of it. I've submitted numerous tickets to EA's support system, which I shouldn't even HAVE to do seeing as any responsible company would actually have techs monitor their forums and correct problems from the get-go, and I keep getting the same run-around. "Are you actually playing on a ranked server? Make sure you adjust your date/time...." JUST YESTERDAY, after a two week epidemic that's been haunting players around the world, EA is actually admitting there's an issue internally.

I regret actually having defended this dogshit company a while back. I personally apologize to all those I argued with.

Battlefield 2. Actually I should correct myself, I'm on hiatus from the game and I refuse to fire even one more round until EA has gotten off their lazy ass and resolved the updating freeze that's plaguing the game. Ranks/Medals/Awards haven't been updated in over two weeks. You can still EARN awards in game, but they'll never register on your BFHQ. Which is just terrible. I picked someone off from what must have been a mile away with the most beautiful shot from my M24 possibly ever fired, achieving with that shot a "Veteran's Sniper Combat" badge. And that was the last I ever heard of it. I've submitted numerous tickets to EA's support system, which I shouldn't even HAVE to do seeing as any responsible company would actually have techs monitor their forums and correct problems from the get-go, and I keep getting the same run-around. "Are you actually playing on a ranked server? Make sure you adjust your date/time...." JUST YESTERDAY, after a two week epidemic that's been haunting players around the world, EA is actually admitting there's an issue internally.

I regret actually having defended this dogshit company a while back. I personally apologize to all those I argued with.

Could it not be gamespy that has problems perhaps?

Been trying to get into EVE Online for the third time... and this time it stuck.

I'm out of it, too time consuming, not enough rewarding to my taste.
I'm about to participate in the beta of Tabula Rasa, only had positive feedback about it.

I think I'm gonna dive back into CoH, online this time. (played it multi at work during lunchtime)

The Darkness. And I'd rate it in my Darkess thread provided it wasn't locked due to some silly console war that broke out.....

Man oh man, I love it. First off the story is really, really good. It sort of feels like an RPG in terms of there's a certain amount of quests. If I had to compare it to a game, I'd compare it to Riddick. It almost mirrors Riddick's gameplay to a t. The violence is absolutely unforgiving and extremely graphic. Then you enter the Otherworld..... The art direction is fantastic and it's really action packed. I recommend it to anyone that owns a 360.

The Darkness. And I'd rate it in my Darkess thread provided it wasn't locked due to some silly console war that broke out.....

Man oh man, I love it. First off the story is really, really good. It sort of feels like an RPG in terms of there's a certain amount of quests. If I had to compare it to a game, I'd compare it to Riddick. It almost mirrors Riddick's gameplay to a t. The violence is absolutely unforgiving and extremely graphic. Then you enter the Otherworld..... The art direction is fantastic and it's really action packed. I recommend it to anyone that owns a 360.

Thats not a surprise considering the games are out of the same studio.

Wish The Darkness would come to PC, Riddick was a awesome game and I really want to hear the Mike Patton vocal work in this game.

Wish The Darkness would come to PC, Riddick was a awesome game and I really want to hear the Mike Patton vocal work in this game.

Hopefully Starbreeze will port it over after they're finished in reworking Escape from Butcher Bay (Assault on Dark Athena) for 360 and ps3. The origonal riddick was released around the same month and came out for the PC in December so fingers crossed for holidays.

Started playing The Fall: Last Days of Gaia - Reloaded Version, which I picked up for less than 10 € a little while ago. So far I'm really liking it! Gameplay is somewhere between Fallout and a realtime Jagged Alliance, not exactly the worst games to try and copy. ;)

The character models are a bit lame, but the rest of the graphics looks good. It seems to have a sort of simulated GI illumination thingy going, which looks especially cool in the various settlements. And the self-shadowing on the characters also looks neat for a game from several years ago.

Hoorah! I managed to fix BG&E, and i've just been powering through it. For anyone who's interested, this is what I did (and why it worked);

I created a profile for it in ATI Tray Tools. In this profile, I set it to force Vsync on, and set it to 60. The reason this fixed my problem is because as i've found out, cutscenes and voiceovers ingame seem to be rigged to run perfectly at-or-below 60fps (60hz...), no idea why, it just is (confirmed by viewing the framerate as a cutscene played, and finding that once the FPS started passing 60, the sync started to fail). So anyway, by setting that to 60, it fixed the problem... I know what you're thinking, "60hz? Are you mad?!", answer; no. I use a 21" Trinitron CRT, so if I were really running 60hz, sure, i'd be a mad bugger. Fortunately there is a strange thing happening here...

I use the refresh lock option in ATT to force every resolution that I use to 100hz. Essentially, the only resolutions/refresh rates my system is capable of are 800x600@100hz, 1024x768@100hz, 1280x1024@100hz, and 1600x1200@100hz ...nothing else. This seems to have had the strange effect of locking my monitor to 100hz, but making the game thing it's Vsync'ing at 60hz, effectively limiting the FPS to 60 ingame. It sounds wierd, but it works, and the game is completely playable.

I've been having mad fun...I just reached the part where the Lighthouse, well, y'know ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Beyond Good and Evil... That's the second time, aren't people reading the thread? :p

World of Warcraft

WoW is a awesome game for various reasons. For one, it takes the spot of every other game I could play. It has player vs player in ways similar to that of say Counter Strike in a competition sense. It also has solo role playing (trust me, I solo'd to 70 basically) and then if you wish you can join a guild and do other activites. Raiding for one, "raiding" being where you and a group of more than 5 (typical 10 and 25) go and fight in a dungeon, castle, etc, etc against various very powerful creatures you could do beat on your own and then there are boss fights that take a lot of skill and group work but have huge "loot" pay offs in the form of some of the best equipment.

If you don't want to rely on 25 people then you can find someone to team up with in the arena. 2v2, 3v3, and 5v5 teams compete against each other and then you can eventually spend points earned in these to buy better equipment. Now, that does seem like a endless cycle and it is, but take for instance Counter Strike you do the same but earn no reward at all.

Honestly, WoW is well worth the monthly fee to me. $15 a month is not much and the enjoyment I get out of it is well worth it. I'm in a awesome guild who doesn't take itself to serious and has lots of fun.

Here is a screenshot of us taking on Gruul of Gruul's Lair. A 25 man raid, this is from one of our first goes and we didn't do so well, at best only got him to 50% health, but today we improved vastly and had him down to nearly 20%, next time we should beat him. For those in the know of WoW I'm a Undead Frost Mage, level 70 (max level), I'm 17/0/44 in spec. I mainly do 1v1 PvP in front of Orgrimmar.

Screenshot is 1680x1050, max in game settings with 2xAA Adaptive and 16xAF applied

CS. And I came to the conclusion that CS is not and probably will not ever be fun ever again. If someone isn't blatantly cheating, they're sniping in the most close quarters situations ever turning the match into the lamest power struggle ever, which really just boils down to a game of luck.

Luck and loud-mouthed 14 year old children.

Luck and loud-mouthed 14 year old children.

You mean sub-10yo. I was trying to play on my local Gamearena servers, and all I could hear was degenerate moronic UNDERAGED kids screaming and giggling with every kill they get, everyone whoring AWPS, and every second person walling (No, seriously. I must've recoded a good 150gb of raw Fraps vids of people blatantly hacking, all within a small period, all within the one server).

The game's a total failure of a mess right now unless you play private, organised servers on maps that aren't littered with exploits. To this day I STILL see people finding their way into the damn skybox on Dust/Dust 2 and running around all supermassive, pissing me off. They get banned real fast, but still...it's annoying. That new grenade-jump exploit doesn't help too.

I don't recall any of this... in CS:S at least. I mean, if you guys are talking CS 1.6/older then what do you honestly expect. But coming from league play I can say with certain that a lot of the people you think hack probably don't, its not as common as thought. Sure it happens, but general exploiting is far more common. Wall hacks come second, and then hardly ever aim bots unless the person is purposely griefing instead of trying to look like they have skills. Ahh, I've been banned personally from a number of servers because "There is no way to jump and awp at the same time" or the classic "Dude there is no way you could head shot seven people in a row".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back