What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
El Matador = "SPICY MOVE!!!!!"

I actually kind of liked that one. A no brain, fun blaster...but I can't get the announcer screaming "SPICEY MOVE!!!!" out of my head whenever someone mentions it. :LOL:

Playing System Shock 2 coop with a friend. First time for both of us.

Waiting on Tiberium Wars

Pre-ordered Tomb Raider Anniversary, Quake Wars, and Bioshock.

Still only a couple hours into STALKER too, 2/3 through Prey which needs to be reinstalled, want to finish Oblivions main story, still have Dreamfall to play, and im sure i'll pickup Armored Assault at some point. Oh and im sure i'll get a copy of Supreme Commander eventually as well as i really liked TA but it wont install as it relies on 16bit.

In the end, i have way way too many games incomplete and far too little time.

Tried Total Annihilation : Spring? http://spring.clan-sy.com/

I've got Tiberium Wars, but I haven't been able to muster the care to play it. Far too much like Generals for me to like. I found my System Shock 2 CD's in the garage too! :p

Tried Total Annihilation : Spring? http://spring.clan-sy.com/

I've got Tiberium Wars, but I haven't been able to muster the care to play it. Far too much like Generals for me to like. I found my System Shock 2 CD's in the garage too! :p

Hmm, I certainly have not found Tiberium Wars to be like Generals. I found it much more in line with the classic C&C style. Hell, the return of the UI is enough to make it 100x better than Generals. I also love the fact that I can play a 15 minute game and achieve the entire tech tree in that time span. Makes a very rewarding online experience.

Sorry, I meant to say it reminds me of Generals a lot visually. For all the praise TW gets, I personally think it's a fugly looking game.

Twilight Princess on my GC. Man, I sure hope my 360 has at least half the lifespan of my GC. Best $100 I ever spent if you ask me. Problem is it looks a tad bit silly on my non-HD television.

I've also been delving back into Battlefield 2. One thing I noticed this time around was the quality of sound. If you crank that game and have a nice sub with your speakers, you've got the formula for some real nice sounding explosions. I also dropped the sniping act, seeing as I apparently mastered it, and picked up being a medic. That's a lot of fun.

And I picked up Company of Heroes, to prepare myself for World in Conflict. The game is great, I'm just naturally awful at RTS'. Also, IMO, they should have made the cutscenes in CGI instead of using the in-game engine. Those player models up close look like something terrible. Don't get me wrong, they look great.....only from an overhead view looking down 300 feet.

Hmmm...ok now i'm a little peeved.

I'm now playing through Splinter Cell - Chaos Theory, up to the Hokkaido level, a few rooms before I reach Neddich. I've been playing the entire thing right through to this point on the Catalyst 7.3's with HDR+Tonemapping enabled and 2xAA (and it was definitely working...AA was applied for sure, i'd be a retard not to see, and HDR/Tonemapping was definitely also on, I tried switching them off/on at one stage to see the difference for curiosity's sake and I definitely had it on). At one stage, it was dinner time so I did a quicksave and quit the game... a few hours later I came back, logged in, fired it up and loaded my save only to find that AA had been completely disabled!

'Wierd' I thought, so I quit the game and relaunched it to see if ATT skipped a beat or something, but no joy. Long story short, i've tried reinstalling my videodrivers (drivercleaned each time), i've tried an older version of ATT (and a newer beta) but no matter what I do, AA just wont apply any more. I disabled HDR/Tonemapping in the advanced shader options ingame just to be sure, and sure enough AA was then enabled just fine even with the ingame option set to disabled (forced via ATT). But no matter what, it just no longer refuses to work with HDR/AA. I've played this far through with it just fine and i'm not playing another minute until it starts working again, this is just pissing me off.

Anyone have any ideas, or encountered this when you played it? I want HDR for sure, but I also can't live without AA, so it's a catch-22. :devilish:

neone playing FM2007???

I'm king of FM. (FM2006 i brought Napoli up from 3rd division, and ended up winning the Serie A 9 times in a row, and CL 5 times in a row)

Right now in FM07 i'm doing something easier tho, as i play Real Madrid, in the 2010 season, won CL\Primera every year, i plan to do that another 2 years, then, when the contract is out, i'l find myself a shit club and do the same.

I came across Silent Storm: Sentinels, so I'm replaying Silent Storm to get in the right mood before I start that.

GREAT game. Fallout: Tactics and Jagged Alliance 2 in 3D done right. The only thing that irritates me on occasion is that the turns of the AI can take minutes. There is no real-time combat. And there is one level that is not friendly to reloading (CTD).

But it's my number one sleeper hit from the last few years.

Yeah Silent Storm is fantastic, a must-buy if you like turn-based tactical shooters. Probably the best system ever in place for that, too, although the LOS is kind of annoying sometimes. You should be able to spray and pray into a window where you know a sniper is, even if you just barely can't see him... and at least lower his chance to hit or something!

I've been playing Titan Quest: Immortal Throne lately. I'm really impressed. When JR was gushing about it a few months ago I laughed to myself snootily about some people with their Diablo fetishes. ;) But it's quite good! The Greek lore makes it all so much better for me, and the art is fabulous. It looks better than a lot of RTSs! The in-game AA and Bloom look sharp, just right, with good performance. This game, and almost everything in this thread is a classic example of why I am a cheapass gamer. My graphics card cost $160 over a year ago. I'm buying 6-month-old games for $25, with a few months ago's expansion packs built-in. My computer is making these games look gorgeous, and I'm having just as much fun as if I played them six months ago. If I play Crysis a year after it comes out, and for a third of the price, I'll still have just as much fun. ;)

I forgot to add, my favorite thing about TQ is the shadowing! As a cheapass I usually turn shadows to simple blobs the very first thing when looking for performance. But in TQ the fullk shadows are performing well and look better than 95% of the games I've ever played! I hope more gamescan learn from this. There seems to be a bit of shader aliasing? on them, but other than that they look awesome. Really adds to the art quality as the sun goes down, especially as it comes back up...

I don't know what it is about hack'n'slashes, but Diablo I and II were the only ones that I could ever get into. I *nearly* got into Sacred, put a fair bit of time into it but didn't get anywhere near the end though.

The games I'm playing at the moment:

Hacker Evolution.
Terrible game. :( 'crack xenti.com 80' *eta 90 seconds*....*twiddles thumbs*. At the last level though I think.

Starcraft
Jesus, how OLD is this game...and yet still so good, and amazingly polished. Initially thought SC2 looked too pointlessly similar to SC1, but I'm warm to the idea now :D So long as Relic gives us Dawn of War 2 with all the nice new Company of Heroes stuff (and hopefully less cheese than DoW1) it's all good.

Mr Robot
Just finished this one, not a bad little indie with surprisingly polished graphics. It's like one of those old room based iso puzzle games (head over heels is the only name that comes to mind at the moment) where you're a robot on a ship whose crew is in hibernation for a long voyage, combined with a final fantasy like combat system when you are hacking systems.

Well, I was playing Company of Heroes and finally about to beat that level I was having oh-so-much difficulty in. I was actually winning this time. I had reinforcements moving in to finish off the last of the German opposition. Ten men left. I can taste victory. Five men.

Black screen.

My cat walked over the reset button on my surge protector. I hadn't saved in about a half an hour.

I hadn't picked it up since. In fact afterwards, I gave in and bought Guitar Hero 2. I love it. Unfortunately I don't see myself ever achieving the ability to ever play it at extreme. I can't even reach the orange button without breaking something in my wrist. My biggest quarrell with it though is why are 99% of the songs performed by other artists? The first time I heard "Laid to Rest" and discovered it wasn't actually Randy Blythe, I contemplated returning it. Fortunately "Six" was actually performed by "All That Remains," but still..... it's a little overkill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back