What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mostly a self-modded System Shock 2 with all the high-res packs, a bit of Stalker, and I'm enjoying my new PSP, with Lemmings being the favorite game at the moment.

I still have more than 10 reasonably recent games in my bookcase that are still shrink-wrapped. The latest being Company of Heroes.

I've got all these games sitting around me and I just don't feel like playing them (ever since a recent death in the family i've been severely lacking in willpower when it comes to playing games, and i've been on a total tvshow/movie binge...but now they've all stopped for a long while so i'm forced to move back to games).

Piled up are STALKER (waiting for that new patch that's a couple of weeks late), Jade Empire, ArmA (been playing that, but just stuffing around in the editor), and a few budget titles like Warpath, Vivisector : Beast Within (was amazed that I found that game, I remember it being announced for N64 but just dropped off the map), and i've finally started playing the enhanced version of Trespasser.

I've probably got a lot more lying around that I should at least install and try...but the last game that really captured my attention and love and that I really enjoyed was SCARFACE. I couldn't stop playing that 24/7 until it was over, and felt really empty inside once it was. I'm gradually coming back though... For the last month since most of the good shows stopped i've been playing old online games like Red Faction and CSS all night. Every time I quit for a bit and consider installing one of my other games I just get all sad feeling and can't be bothered :cry: One day at a time.

That screenshots sums its up nicely. I love Gun Game in CS:S. It is tons of fun yet so basic, just advance in guns. The maps are generally all custom and the right server can make it a real blast. I play at a server that has fast downloads so if you don't have the map there is no need to be worried. Generally the people are nice and me and a friend frequent it, so all the better.

For those interested the IP is: 69.12.25.185:27016 - [FTK]~Gun Game Server~{100Tic}Fast Downloads

Brothers in Arms
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
GalCiv III

Ahaha, that's right. Someone gave me their copies of Splinter Cell and Pandora Tomorrow, and I actually wouldn't mind playing those. I also have Brothers in Arms on the 4-in-1 games DVD that came with my old Sapphire x1900, that was a pretty good game too (if the demo was any indication)

That screenshots sums its up nicely. I love Gun Game in CS:S. It is tons of fun yet so basic, just advance in guns. The maps are generally all custom and the right server can make it a real blast. I play at a server that has fast downloads so if you don't have the map there is no need to be worried. Generally the people are nice and me and a friend frequent it, so all the better.

For those interested the IP is: 69.12.25.185:27016 - [FTK]~Gun Game Server~{100Tic}Fast Downloads

I tried playing that just now...unfortunately pings of 250+ make it impossible to get anywhere. No other servers running these maps/gamemode? :cry:

Actively playing:
STALKER
Quake 4
Freespace 2 Open

On and off playing:
Dreamfall
Neverwinter Nights 2
Oblivion
Gothic 3
Hitman Blood Money
classic Lucas Arts Adventures

I tried playing that just now...unfortunately pings of 250+ make it impossible to get anywhere. No other servers running these maps/gamemode? :cry:

A lot actually, however finding one where you ping well might be an issue. Could try doing a search and limiting results to around your location.

C&C3 - Almost finished with the GDI singleplayer. A fast-paced enjoyable game.

Indigo Prophecy - Missed this game when it first came around. Really enjoying the storyline and gameplay.

I had some RSI so my playtime was limited for it, but I've been playing Resistance again last night, finally reached the outskirts of london. Other than that it's been Rub-a-Duck and a little Go!Sudoku (online play is quite ok).

I have just ordered MGS PO, which is releasing in 4 days here in Europe, as well as God of War 2, and Buzz! Mega Quiz (and Music Quiz, while I was at it). My SO and family in general is hot on quizzing, so should be fun. Hopefully not too many obscure references to Brittishisms, as there isn't a localised version for the Netherlands it seems. ;)

Doom 3. One of the best, most atmospheric games ever. Also it's good for a few jumps.

- GT Legends on desktop
- Worms World Party (adhoc WLAN) and OpenTTD (Mostly Single Player) on laptop while traveling long distances.

...and of course quite few golden classics on Commodore 64 as party play. :)

EDIT: ah... I almost forgot... Track Mania United and Richard Burns Rally also are in the list. both are played in hot seat mode (aka. Party Play.)

Unreal 2. And I noticed something really neat. The voice of Marshall Dalton is also the same guy who does the voice of the male Redguard/Baurus in Oblivion and Morrowind. I actually IMDB'd it:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0533053/

That guy is a great voice actor.

Splinter Cell - Double Agent
Finally figured out how to make this game start as it should (in full screen)!

Still playing Splinter Cell 1, just doing the CIA Infiltration mission...loving every minute of this game. Ironside is my god. :smile:

Anyone have any idea why AA is simply refusing to work? I've got a profile setup in ATT with AA set to 2x, though i've also tried 4x and Temporal AA (x1900xt). No matter what I try, even alt-tabbing ingame and changing the AA mode, results in nothing but jaggies. After reading the archives from years gone by on the official forums, I note that people were happily using AA by forcing it in their control panel, or through ATT...but it's just refusing to work for me.

:???:

Hmm, I always thought that AA didn't work with the first Splinter Cell, or at least it was one of the early SP games. The first SP games is the only one I've truly enjoyed. The second was rather good, and the third and forth major let downs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back