Very Odd Thing Happened!?

Odd!?

I could have sworn I just saw my PS3 do a bios check or startup check (lasted 2-3 seconds). The real strange thing that I saw listed was Drive-RW disabled . I got frustrated with Titan mode (God of War 2), so I went too town on my wireless keyboard lying next to me (anger management :( ). I thought I would share this…

Edit: Titan mode is the work of the devil! :mad:

Sorry I’m late with some of this info (had to take an aspirin and lay down) but my wife remembered the rest of the info while she was folding towels looking at me play.

Static Logic KDL (or LKD).
Post KLD (or LKD).
Timers lock.
USB devices present.
Drive/RW disabled.
00:21:45 subset restart.
…………………………………………………………… <------these dotted lines ran across the screen then rebooted to the XMB menu and then my system shut down (it works).

That code was likely meant for devstations. As such, what you may be seeing is a simple notification that the unit you're working on doesn't have a RW drive. :?:

I agree with Gradthawn. Most likely the BIOS just supports BRD writers (same BIOS could be used in BRD recorders or PS3 MediaStation).

I agree that this is probably some vestige from the dev. station.

However, on the conspiracy side of things, I worked with a guy who claimed even before the PS3 came out that a firmware update would give it the ability to record DVD/BR. If they got some kind of TV service going down that would be pretty pimp.

Sorry I’m late with some of this info (had to take an aspirin and lay down) but my wife remembered the rest of the info while she was folding towels looking at me play.

Static Logic KDL (or LKD).
Post KLD (or LKD).
Timers lock.
USB devices present.
Drive/RW disabled.
00:21:45 subset restart.
…………………………………………………………… <------these dotted lines ran across the screen then rebooted to the XMB menu and then my system shut down (it works).

Your wife has a good memory. :)
As for the RW, is there any possibility for ripping BD Drive from console, and connecting it to the PC? :) I guess, no one is crazy to risk damaging $600 console...

Back