Call of Duty 4: Modern combat trailer up

well most online 360 games use xbox LIVE servers so that's why 360 players wouldn't be able to play with PS3 players.

No they dont, Xbox live servers are only used for matchmaking in most games, they are not dedicated gaming servers.

EA games has dedicated servers, along with CoD3.

Cross-platform online play is probably possible but would MS really want their paying customers to play with people who aren't paying?

Why did IW leave EA though? Didn't EA stock go up a lot around the time the first COD came out?

Maybe they wanted the freedom to push high performance games for all platforms.:devilish:

Beta, soon!! :cool:
www.fourzerotwo.com - COD4 beta hasn't started. We just got it through MS cert today, so its seriously only IW people + a handful of close friends. You'd be surprised at how few people actually have it on their 360 HDDs (I was #2!
biggrin.gif
)

You don't need to be F5'ing CharlieOscarDelta every thirteen seconds for the next month to know when the beta is coming. We'll have a countdown timer, to avoid the "OMG IM GOING TO GO SEE SUPERBAD! PLZ DONT COME OUT!" stuff.

Yes, this will most likely result in all our webservers melting to the ground and our datacenter going up in flames - but thats for another discussion.

We know you guys want it really bad. We want you to have it. We just want to make sure that when you've all got it you can actually play. There can be a huge difference between devkits + retail kits and their respective Xbox Live networks, and we want this to go smoothly.
http://www.charlieoscardelta.com/beta.php#

NeoGaf is all over it so I'm just waiting ... I already registered a couple weeks ago and I guess you have to put your name in after 5pm
I registered like a couple weeks ago too. Did we have to register for something again in the last few hours?

I registered like a couple weeks ago too. Did we have to register for something again in the last few hours?

allegedly but the site got overrun and now it's down.
my last post is from a guy representing IW so I'd say if you registered you will be notified when the beta opens up wide.

Right now it was just friends and family and then a few more people were going to get in in waves and then it looks like it will be a pretty big beta over time.

allegedly but the site got overrun and now it's down.
my last post is from a guy representing IW so I'd say if you registered you will be notified when the beta opens up wide.
Right now it was just friends and family and then a few more people were going to get in in waves and then it looks like it will be a pretty big beta over time.
what did people say they asked for, gamertag or email? I thought there was supposed to be a countdown timer and then the site dies.

edit: Go here to register for the first wave (will be more waves) to enter the lotto. I'm pretty late so I don't know if they still accept you in this wave.

http://www.fourzerotwo.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard the people getting accepted in the first wave are getting their confirmation emails right now. I haven't gotten any email.

thanks fior the info nintenho

I'm so caught up in Bioshock that I decided to not even bother with the email thingy and wait until the beta opens up to a larger audience and easier application process. ;)

hopefully next week sometime.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/815/815327p1.html

another amazing vid of the beta. Play the embedded video on the page.

It gets cooler as it rambles on, even going into how you can call in airstrikes and AI helicopters if you get a long enough kill streak. And then you get credit for all the kills those airstrikes and helicopters might happen to rack up.

yea this looks pretty freakin rich considering it's multilplayer only we're seeing

the beta impressions so far are overwhelmingly positive. It looks like everything I loved about the MP in coD2 (which was one of my favorite games ever) online) and just adds EVERYthing and mixes in some Battlefield elements.

oh and don't forget the Halo 2-like Party system online which if you've never experienced is going to be a treat.

oh and BTW timer now on the beta site showing sign up on MONDAY!

http://www.charlieoscardelta.com/beta.php#

:cool:

MP is looking totally killer in this game.

- Team Deathmatch and Deathmatch.
- Search and Destroy (ala CounterStrike)
- Domination (Territories/Conquest ala Battlefield, Day of Defeat)

Add in classes, class customizations, and perks, CoD4 looks to be a really robust online experience with long legs. The TeamXbox features sound very encouraging:

Everything from the well balanced gameplay and the eye-popping graphics and visual effects creates the stage for one of the addictive multiplayer experiences I’ve had yet on the Xbox 360, or anywhere else for that matter. Yes, it’s that good. Call of Duty 4 has it all, from depth in being able to customize and save multiple soldier profiles to the variety of gameplay modes, maps and features that will surely make it a top contender when the Best of 2007 awards come out later this year. If the multiplayer beta is only a taste of what’s to come once the full game is released, we’re in for what is easily the best release from the Call of Duty franchise to date!
Ultimately, Call of Duty 4 multiplayer feels like a mix of the best things Counter Strike, the old Ghost Recons and Unreal Tournament offer and Infinity Ward has innovated without trying to re-invent the wheel. Why is so hard for other developers to do things right? Please, play Call of Duty 4 and see multiplayer done right.

Being 60fps is definately a perk, but MP seems muddier with less contrast to me. It could be the levels (overcast lighting?) but I really liked what they showed of the SP, especially the helo assault map in the desert setting. The bright lighting allowed for great saturation. Hopefully not all the MP levels are so drab, muddy, and uninspiring. Edit: Although Overgrown is showing some nice shadowing and atmospherics that are present in SP. It even has some nice grass. And another video with even more sunlight. I guess when I complain I get results :devilish:

Back