Call of Duty 4: Modern combat trailer up

... then the wall should crumble after a few seconds of firing (It's more like destroy-the-wall-and-whatever-stands-behind-it :) ).

Yeah, i dont like the whole, shooting thru walls thing. Either make goddamn wholes and tear the entire wall down eventually. or dont do it.

IGN PREVIEW

Many gaming critics moan about the lack of innovation in the gaming industry, ourselves included.
But after seeing Call of Duty 4: Modern Combat (COD4) in action, we've realised that games don't always need to innovate to entertain.
You see, this game stays very true to earlier games in the series.
It doesn't feel the need to reinvent the wheel. It's still a festival ride of military action, leading the player through heavily scripted scenes, comprised of more action than ten Black Hawk Down films combined.
It remains a relatively linear process, allowing the designers to finely craft the experience to deliver the most explosive battles yet seen in a video game.
And, just like its predecessors, we can say that even though we've only witnessed a mere twenty minute hands-off demo, it's one of the most exciting first person shooters we've ever seen.

... As our fellow soldiers scrabbled behind cover, we noticed one of the most impressive new effects in the game - character animation.
The bosses at Infinity Ward need to give their animators and engine programmers a fat bonus cheque, as the animation is second to none.
We can't recall any other game where the running, sliding, even stumbling, of the characters looked so real.

...The next level hammered home this fact, as we flew into the first Middle Eastern mission with ten Black Hawks visible outside our chopper's door.
The squadron flew low and fast over a detailed Middle Eastern city, constructed at a level of detail that makes GRAW 2's scenery look decidedly average.
Yet it maintained the rock solid 60 frames per second frame rate that gives the game such a silky smooth look.

...This very brief taste of has only left us wanting more.
Even in its pre-alpha state, COD4 has more polish than most finished first person shooters. It's one of the finest shooters we've seen at E3, and the wait for its release is going to be grueling.

Some more screenshots, these are from the Sony press conference game montage (they are the PS3 version).

COD4ps3-1.jpg

COD4ps3-2.jpg

COD4ps3-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't it obvious?

Why do 2 videos when they already said both version are going to be identical.

I am sure they would rather have not dropped a bollock and left the 360s dpad in there, but they have.

Nope, look at the button thing on the bottom left.

Nope, it is on the PS3;)
Just check out 25 seconds into the video and you will se a "Hold (PS3 "Square"-button) for M4A1.

I wonder what the difference between the Xbox360 and the PC-version is going to be:?:

Nope, look at the button thing on the bottom left.

Isn't it obvious?

Why do 2 videos when they already said both version are going to be identical.

I am sure they would rather have not dropped a bollock and left the 360s dpad in there, but they have.

Nope it IS the PS3 version, shame that you didn't watch the video atleast! :???:

One can clearly see as Obakan pointed out that it says square for reload or M4A1 in several parts of the video. But I agree that only basing ones opinion on the ss then one could think it was a xbox360 control pad in the left bottom corner (maybe it is :???:).

Nerthless it is very fluid, about 60fps.
COD4ps3square-1.jpg

COD4ps3square-2.jpg

COD4ps3square-3.jpg

Yeah, i dont like the whole, shooting thru walls thing. Either make goddamn wholes and tear the entire wall down eventually. or dont do it.

But if they didn't have 'shoot through walls' then people would complain the game lacks that feature no matter if it destroys the wall or not!

It does look ugly in screens.

Its a totally different story in motion though

well to be fair theres a ton of compression artifacts since they're simply screen grabs of the trailer which in and of itself is going to have compression artifacts.

this game is going to a be a monster in online multiplayer.

The MP beta can not come soon enough. CoD2 was incredibly fun online and with (according to new OXM) a Halo2 like Party system, never wait in lobby just drop in play and 16 players at a time, it is my most anticipated title.

single player will be a CoD blast to run through as usual but multiplayer is where this game will rock

if the graphics look even 85% of what SP shows here (and by some of the MP gameplay vids it may be closer to 90%) I will be in online gaming heaven for the next year. the graphics in this game and the atmosphere and particle effects and lighting are the best I've ever seen in a game vid. at 60fps!

in case you missed HiDef real time gameplay

gameplay 2

It looks good, but it also looks like Ghost Recon not-so Advanced Warfighter (no goofy HUD, etc.), so I hope it has a good lengthy campaign with online co-op. The strength of it's online component is not so important to me, there are plenty of great online shooters already, but little time to play them.

Some handy-cam video from E3 on the PS3:

http://www.jeux-france.com/news21031_e3-2007-call-of-duty-4-en-video.html

t
if the graphics look even 85% of what SP shows here (and by some of the MP gameplay vids it may be closer to 90%) I will be in online gaming heaven for the next year. the graphics in this game and the atmosphere and particle effects and lighting are the best I've ever seen in a game vid. at 60fps!

In past CoD games multi has looked the same as single.

Back