Rendering engine of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Buy me a new computer with a DX10 compliant GPU :D
Hehe yeah that is a problem... I should probably back-port to D3D9, but that's no fun ;)

I heard dx10 gpu can not do AA with deferred rendering, but dx10.1 gpu can, is that correct?
We discussed this a bit in another thread and I think the consensus was that while MSAAed deferred rendering can be done on D3D10, the way that samples are queried would perhaps make it a bit less efficient than it could be (probably not quite as bad as super-sampling, but somewhere in between SSAA and MSAA certainly). I have no idea what D3D10.1 will bring to the party...

Doesn't crackdown developer's said they use deferred lighting in it with AA on 360?

If xenos is capable of deferred rendering with AA, then i cant see why a Dx10 card wouldn't.

(unless there's some trick on how they got AA on 360)

I thought that Crackdown might have had a trick with the cartoon outline they use to enable cheap AA.

I thought that Crackdown might have had a trick with the cartoon outline they use to enable cheap AA.

Interesting...maybe they're doing the cartoon outline as a post-process? Maybe some sort of edge filter (Sobel?) on the normal/depth information in the G-Buffer? I've seen an implementation that did something similar, except they used the results of the edge detection to do a selective blur.

i've not seen any evidence at all of real time ambient occlusion in stalker, i'm 99% certain that it will be baked. In fact the only place i've seen a hacky version of real time occlusion is in crysis.

Back