Sony Home - The official thread*

Heh heh, you wish !

It's loose items:
http://www.joystiq.com/tag/playstation-home

Here's the list of goodies:

Yoda shirt (for male avatars)

Obi-Wan Kenobi shirt (for male and female avatars)

Jedi Order shirt (for male and female avatars)

Indiana Jones costume – torso, pants, shoes

Indiana Jones costume – hat, hair

Stormtrooper costume (for male and female avatars)

Imperial Officer costume (for male and female avatars)

Blue Lightsaber (for male and female avatars)

Jedi banner (for avatar personal space)

Sith banner (for avatar personal space)

Star Wars The Force Unleashed poster (for avatar personal space)

Well, I was hoping it'd be generating some Star Wars buzz prior to a new SW title. I guess it's nothing more than milking this old, old cow.

Had a very buggy experience in (at?) Home yesterday evening.
Loaded the Locoroco space, and visited the shop where you can buy Locoroco clothes.
The clothes previews showed my avatar with head between legs, arms disjointed and clothes torn!
The Locoroco space also crashed my PS3 two times, so that only a hard power up would bring it back.
Didn't try other spaces, so I don't know if this was limited just to locospace.

Hmmm... while Home has a tedious UI, the latest version has been rather stable for me.

It might be the Loco personal space. Or may be you need to reinstall Home ? I remember one of the recent Home updates seem to perform better after a reinstallation. I can't remember the details anymore. :oops:

The Locoroco space also crashed my PS3 two times, so that only a hard power up would bring it back.

I had a similar issue with the Locoroco space yesterday myself. After entering it (requiring 2 space downloads since the one I spawned in also needed a refresh), I took a look around and tried loading a mini-game.

Trying to scroll through the instructions was massively slowing down the PS3 for some unknown reason and feeling annoyed and underwhelmed at this point I hit the PS button to try to exit. The dialogue screen asking whether I wanted to shutdown, quit, etc. came up but was unresponsive and occasionally flicked up a bit of the prior menu screen before showing the exit menu again. Button presses and stick movements were either majorly delayed or missed and it took about 2 minutes of fighting with the menu to finally get out of it.

Luckily it did not require a full reset but more than once I assumed the system was locked when the menu was unresponsive.

So certainly seemed buggy from my few minutes in it.

Next time I run out of space on my 40GB Home is getting the delete treatment.

=)

Cheers

Luckily it did not require a full reset but more than once I assumed the system was locked when the menu was unresponsive.

So certainly seemed buggy from my few minutes in it.

Sounds a Loco space issue.

I just left Home. Entered a few spaces (Central Plaza, Harbor View, Sodium One, Mall). Works okay so far.

I am surprised you guys got the Loco space. Is it free ?

A current look at Home's attempt to lure advertisers:
http://www.brandweek.com/bw/content...rect/e3i9384d92ba8c3b4bd3eff4eb643e30bd6?pn=1

The product has disappointed both users and advertisers. In fact, Red Bull remains one of the few non-endemic advertisers to carve out space in the world.

According to some digital buyers, Home exemplifies Sony’s slow-footed nature when it comes to embracing advertising.

Thus, Home is a nonstarter for many buyers, especially when PlayStation often demands labor-intensive six-figure deals. “There’s just a huge barrier to entry for advertisers,” said Denuo’s Rafferty, who added that after an early push, he’s heard little from the Sony sales team regarding Home.

While the team tries to reposition it as a social gaming platform. The fundamental usage flaws will continue to haunt them.

Some, including myself, hoped that the team will roll out 2D-Home, but it seems that they are stuck in the virtual world. If they keep Home as a vertical, closed environment, they might as well invest the resources in Free Realm.

Sounds a Loco space issue.

I just left Home. Entered a few spaces (Central Plaza, Harbor View, Sodium One, Mall). Works okay so far.

I am surprised you guys got the Loco space. Is it free ?
I meant the Loco Roco island, not the personal space. The place that is in your world map is free.

PlayStation Home Private Beta

Got an email early this morning inviting me to a Home Private Beta Test, I am already in Home so dont really have a clue what this 1 is about.

For this Beta, Event Nights are taking place on select dates.

Each Event Night will concentrate on specific features in PS Home.

The dates for the Event Nights are:

Wednesday, 24th of February
Tuesday, 2nd of March
The Event Nights will start at 8pm UK time and finish at 10pm UK time.

The PS Home Beta Servers will only be open during the above mentioned dates and times

did anybody else get the email or know what this new 1 is about ??

UPDATE: Just downloaded it and it was only 49MB so it was pretty quick, other thing to note is that on the XMB the new Private Beta has its own folder/icon under the Game Icon. When I started it up, straight away it allocated 4GB of HDD for the test.

Last edited by a moderator:
After waiting for so long, I would file this under "Miracles" if the Home team decided to change the UI and usage model.

Then again, it took Sony 3 full years to realize that it's better to have one unified network group, rather than 3 or more regional network groups (and that's just realization and internal planning, the services are still separate today). So...

Let us know what's up if you can talk.

After waiting for so long, I would file this under "Miracles" if the Home team decided to change the UI and usage model.

Then again, it took Sony 3 full years to realize that it's better to have one unified network group, rather than 3 or more regional network groups (and that's just realization and internal planning, the services are still separate today). So...

Let us know what's up if you can talk.

Yeah no problems, another email to say that the Test is now tomorrow night 25/02 and tonights 1 is cancelled.

To be fair, we should give some time for people to settle down with the new look. They may hate it too. ^_^

Hopefully, if it's easy and quick to use, it won't turn people away. They can enhance the look as we go.

Back