Sony Home - The official thread*

Gradthrawn

Veteran
For you registered PS Underground Members, Home Beta sign-ups have started. I'm not sure about the exact conditions for the sign-up invite, however. If I were to guess, you need a PS Underground Account along with a registered PS3 under that account. You may also need to be a GAP member, and possibly have a number of PS3 games registered, but I don't know that to be true (just a possibility). So, if you have an Underground account, check the email account you used to register, you may have an invite to sign-up waiting for you. Please note, this is only to sign-up to be put on the list of potentials for the Beta. They'll decide who actually participates later.

Yeah I got my invite, hopefully I get accepted to join the beta. :)

It would be nice to have a few B3Ders get in. To those that get in, maybe they should post there PSN IDs here. That would help test out some of the friend grouping functionality they spoke of.

Reportedly, the beta has started for a lucky few European beta testers. If you have a beta tester on your friends list, you'll be able to see them using Home as with other applications. and this has started popping up.

Unfortunately, the beta is NDA-ed to the hilt, and with the beta being apparently very small right now, it might be difficult for the moment for details to leak out.

Update - and here's an acknowledgement from SCEE:

PlayStation Home

European Closed Beta Test Starts Today

London, 1st May 2007. Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) today announced that the first phase, closed beta test for Home, the 3D, online, avatar based community for PLAYSTATION®3 had begun.

Starting with an initially small group of both internal staff and known beta testers, the test will be opened up to many others at some point during the summer, including those registered on www.homebetatrial.com.

http://www.scee.presscentre.com/Content/Detail.asp?ReleaseID=4369&NewsAreaID=2

Yeah, short and sweet.

It looks like the Home Beta is up on the North American Playstation Store for those who were accepted. Someone on the official forums posted a photo of the download screen.

No idea how many were taken in at this stage..it's literally just up a short while. If you weren't accepted, it doesn't appear for you on the store at all.

edit - here's a photo:

dsc01537cz6.jpg

Lucky gits :LOL:

Wonder if Sony has put a gagging order on all participants to stop news of the bugs there's bound to be from getting out.

There are pictures leaking out all over the place. Not sure if it's OK to post them here?

Anyway, looks really nice. Perhaps improved a bit (graphically) over the GDC demo (though it may be the ol' 'camera-on-tv' effect making things look better).

There are pictures leaking out all over the place. Not sure if it's OK to post them here?

Anyway, looks really nice. Perhaps improved a bit (graphically) over the GDC demo (though it may be the ol' 'camera-on-tv' effect making things look better).
I think it's OK, as long as they are not big and not from mags :D

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=22121
About Posting Pictures

You can post pictures as long as they're not of a large size (Anything over 800x600 is considered as too large), and as long as you don't post a boatloads of pictures (Posting a few pictures plus a link to the rest is enough).

* About Posting Scans from Recent Publications

That rule is simple. You don't have the right to do that. Easy to remember, isn't it?

You can, nevertheless, post scans from "vintages" publications, and from promotional printed materials (Ads, Press kits...).

How many places/rooms are available in the beta demo and how big is the file size?

Bowling isn't considered an arcade game per se. Bowling and pool are available, and the arcade cabinets are working. I read someone talking about playing "that helicopter game" they showed in the arcade cabinets at GDC. I've heard there are already others there too, but no details..

what is GR8ST doing here....
dsc01686ok1mz0nl0.jpg

I hope some kids don't get too out of line...... I know there are going to be some undercover mods walking around so that should be help out.....

but these different HOME scenarios remind me of scenes from the movie "The Island".....like were being watched :oops:

shit, they look amazing ( though could just be the low quality photos that are hiding faults ), lighting is very nice. this is gonna be huge once the mainstream press picks up on it. WRT graphics its certainly lives up to the hype

Back