Ninja Gaiden Sigma demo up on PSN

Wow, looks great! The camera angles are a bit wild at times but hell.. all in a days work for a ninja.

Yowza, this game looks sexy! :oops:

Dear Priviledged,

Post assessments after play for those without now-gen systems.;)

Not much of an improvement on the original, which is to say, it still looks absolutely gorgeous.

Yowza, this game looks sexy! :oops:

Dear Priviledged,

Post assessments after play for those without now-gen systems.;)

Go get Black on the Xbox. Enjoy.

Sounds like the game is scaled to 1080x, then, not natively rendered that way (probably using the horizontal scaling function, and rendering at 960x1080) . The same as VF5. VF5 will render at 720p unless 720p is not selected and 1080x is.
Maybe they have choosen to select 720p over 1080i as it is full frame 60 FPS rather than interlaced.

720p is better than 1080i.

Now question..some guys on gaf seem to be having more jaggies on their Samsung 720p tvs than those on Sony 720p tvs....I was going to buy a Samsung, but now I'm not so sure. I want a 32inch gaming tv that is either Samsung or Sony so I can make Ninja Gaiden Sigma look incredible.

Sigma looks very impressive to me. :)

Now question..some guys on gaf seem to be having more jaggies on their Samsung 720p tvs than those on Sony 720p tvs....I was going to buy a Samsung, but now I'm not so sure. I want a 32inch gaming tv that is either Samsung or Sony so I can make Ninja Gaiden Sigma look incredible.

that's a first.

although I guess it's possible some people have their sharpness turned up way too high.

It would depend on the image sharpening settings. Sony's LCDs have it set to a bit agressive setting making the image grainer. Samsung has less but the image is to blurry. Sharp has the best balance. Have had all of these home and tested them and Sharp had actually the best image (HD-DVD/DVD/gamming).

Samsung LE-40M71B
Sony KDL-40W2000
Sharp LC46XD1E

It would depend on the image sharpening settings. Sony's LCDs have it set to a bit agressive setting making the image grainer. Samsung has less but the image is to blurry. Sharp has the best balance. Have had all of these home and tested them and Sharp had actually the best image (HD-DVD/DVD/gamming).

Samsung LE-40M71B
Sony KDL-40W2000
Sharp LC46XD1E

CHeers Neb...didn't mean to take things off topic. Anyway I'm jealous of all of you, I so want to play NGS

Back