Ninja Gaiden Sigma demo up on PSN

Titanio

Legend
Tecmo put out a release for it, but word now is that it's actually up already on the Japanese store. The US store might get it tonight given the US press release:

NINJA GAIDEN® SIGMA DEMO NOW AVAILBLE

The action-packed, definitive ninja game can now be downloaded from the PlayStation® Network

TORRANCE, Calif. April 26, 2007— Tecmo® announced today that the release of the highly anticipated Ninja Gaiden Sigma playable demo is available now on the PLAYSTATION® Network. Take control of Master Ninja Ryu Hayabusa as he slices his way through enemy ninjas with dual-katana blades, blasts away evil fiends using ninpo magic, and overcomes insurmountable obstacles with the use of wall-jumping, ninja techniques.

“The Ninja Gaiden Sigma demo is a great way for PLAYSTATION®3 owners to get a sneak peek at the Team NINJA masterpiece,†said Yoh Watanabe, Tecmo’s Marketing Manager. “For the first time ever, Ninja Gaiden will be playable exclusively on a PlayStation platform and we’re amazed at how incredible Sigma looks and feels. This is the must-have demo for the must-have game.â€

The demo will feature 1080p ninja action at 60fps, new weapons, new combos and secret unlockable ninja content. The Ninja Gaiden Sigma demo is now available only on the PLAYSTATION Network!

The download size is 983MB.

:oops:

DSCF3860.jpg

I never played this game on the Xbox, so I'm excited, assuming it's not as hard as people say.

It is as hard as people say, but I believe the PS3 version includes the Ninja Dog difficulty, so.......

I liked the difficulty at normal, it ramped up quite nicely in difficulty, although there were a couple spots that took me a while to beat... (Damn you Alma!!!!)

MoH

Ahh the fault was mine, I was under the impression HK and Japanese store had the same content... oops :oops:

I never played this game on the Xbox, so I'm excited, assuming it's not as hard as people say.

It is difficult. But it is more than worth it to perservere. Once it clicks for you it is truly stunning how well the controls work. You will be in complete control of every move of your character at every moment. For me, this took until the fourth? act (the city). Up until this point I was just muddling through, almost defeating bosses by accident. After the light went on, though, I became very dangerous. :cool:

Edit: I have gone back and played this on the 360 recently. It actually plays better on it than it did on the XBOX IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
its set at 720P on my tv (1080i is also selected, should default to 1080i but does not...)
btw, nice game. and that game on the end, nice ASS ;) :cool:

Huh, defaults to 720p? Sounds like a 960x1080 "1080p" game. Regardless, it looks great in the screenshots and I'm looking foward to trying the demo as soon it hits the US store.

its set at 720P on my tv (1080i is also selected, should default to 1080i but does not...)
btw, nice game. and that game on the end, nice ASS ;) :cool:

Sounds like the game is scaled to 1080x, then, not natively rendered that way (probably using the horizontal scaling function, and rendering at 960x1080) . The same as VF5. VF5 will render at 720p unless 720p is not selected and 1080x is.

It is difficult. But it is more than worth it to perservere. Once it clicks for you it is truly stunning how well the controls work. You will be in complete control of every move of your character at every moment. For me, this took until the fourth? act (the city). Up until this point I was just muddling through, almost defeating bosses by accident. After the light went on, though, I became very dangerous. :cool:

Edit: I have gone back and played this on the 360 recently. It actually plays better on it than it did on the XBOX IMO.

I agree, one thing I loved about the game was that you actually had to pay attention in all of the fights, even the 'little' peons WILL kill you. Sure you learn strategies etc, but if you realx for too long, you're dead :)

And I agree it does play better on the 360.

I'm going to download this demo as soon as I can, and this may be the first PS3 game that I buy... (even though I own the xbox version)

MoH

Back