Eternal Sonata coming to PS3?

Ben-Nice

Regular
I wouldn't doubt it. It seems to be the trend nowadays.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/search.jsp

http://www.siliconera.com/index.php/2007/04/23/eternal-sonata-also-coming-to-the-ps3/

The ESRB is bustling with rumors today with Tron, Art of Fighting and also Eternal Sonata. Way back at Tokyo Game Show 2006 Namco Bandai announced Eternal Sonata (aka Trusty Bell: Chopin’s Dream in Japan) as an Xbox 360 title. According to the ESRB it looks like Eternal Sonata is coming out for the Playstation 3 too. Thinking back to the announcement, Namco Bandai never said that Eternal Sonata was an Xbox 360 exclusive, they just mentioned it was in development for the 360. There is a chance that Eternal Sonata might get a dual release 360/PS3 release, but another possibility is Eternal Sonata will be a time exclusive game on the Xbox 360 similar to Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation. If Eternal Sonata really is coming out for both the PS3 and the X360 would that change your mind about buying an Xbox 360 or encourage you to purchase a Playstation 3?

I would be very surprised if it didn't come to the PS3, with the very limited marketshape of the 360 in Japan, it ony makes sense to have it at least on the PS3 as well. Has it ever been said that it is xbox360 exclusive?...

Not according to the numerous sites running the story.

It was assumed to be exclusive by the fact a PS3 version hasn't (or hadn't) been mentioned, no one ever said "Exclusive" though about the game.

Good news for PS3 people if true :smile:

Well, enchated arms got ported to PS3, so this game certainly sounds possible.

And like what you guys said, its never been confirmed as a X360 "exclusive", so theres room for speculation :LOL:

Never was impressed with this game. But anyways, would this be a timed exclusive or simultaneous release if it were to come to ps3? I would assume timed, right?

If it doesn't say "Only for XBox" or "Only for Playstation" (or what ever their exclusive "stamps" are nowadays), it'll most likely end up on both platforms if it's even semi-big game

If it doesn't say "Only for XBox" or "Only for Playstation" (or what ever their exclusive "stamps" are nowadays), it'll most likely end up on both platforms if it's even semi-big game

The "Only" phrase is simply a matter of months before the title could show up on another console/platform (Im not even sure the "Only" applies to pc versions either).

Enchanted Arms had that label and it came out on PS3. This "Only on Xbox 360" marketing label is pretty stupid.

Still looking like crap at 720p, I suppose...? <sigh> Oh, how the Katamari have fallen...

Ah well, at least I can bother with a Gamefly rental to see how it plays on the SIXAXIS. Certainly seems built for it! (Dammit, where's that PSP tilt sensor? Katamari and the Mercury's are begging for it! *snf* )

Both games say "Xbox 360" and nothing else listed under "platforms"

I'd say neither are coming to PS3 at this point.

They were listed for PS3, and Wii also (in the case of Katamari) earlier today. NamcoBandai has clearly noticed the stir that's been caused, and reverted the entries.

PS3 versions would hardly be surprising..especially with an Atari producer also letting slip of a PS3 version of their stablemate, Ace Combat 6, to come later.

Yeah you would think but two "mistakes" by Namco US in regards to ES is kind of telling. I'm positive that Namco US would have some idea if it is being developed for the PS3. You wouldn't want to announce it right before the release in the US 360 because I'm guessing a publisher would want the public to focus on goods that they have coming to the market sooner rather than later.

Anyway if it is being published by a third party company you can pretty much expect it to go multi at some point.

If MS is smart they'd tie up as many RPG exclusives (even timed) as they can to make a name for themselves in this genre.

Most people still think xb360 is for shooters only.

Secure the exclusive, cue the marketing dollars, and change the perception. Such a pretty and diverse title as this would go a long way towards opening up the market for xb360.

Without MS money involved though, I see no reason why this would be exclusive. It fits the historic playstation demographic much more than xb360...

Back