Battlefield: Bad Company (PS3 & Xbox 360)

Hi guys.

I'm having problems with BF:BC demo on PS3.

The problem is, while playing MP mode. When a lot of things are going around (explosions etc.) the sound starts to "cracks" there was the same problem in condemned 2 demo

Do you occur the same problem as I do?

I posted same problem on other board and only 2-3 ppl had same conclusion.

Please let me know thx!

Good demo, both the SP and MP was pretty fun. Maybe a good pickup when it is sub-$40.

I think I noticed some sound issues.

Hey, I said they were among the best. :LOL:

But yeah, specifically the characters look nice, and it's got some great textures too. The last cutscene is the most impressive, DICE's got a good engine here. I'm still downloading the 360 version though. :)

absolutely. the faces look incredibbly realistic (I'm playing 360 version) and would challenge any game out there for the best face title.

I enjoyed the demo. It's fun to play. They seemed to have fixed up the gun play. There's a proper feel to the guns now vs how it was in the pervious MP only beta. The game looked good. Not the greatest but quite good still. The audio was damn good though! BGM and sound effects were awesome. The destructible stuff is a cool addition.

I wish your squad mates were actually useful like in Rainbow Six and the AI actually targeted them also.

I'm on the fence about the health system. I'm used to the Halo/Gears/CoD/RB6 style where you heal on your own vs having a 100 counter that doesn't self replenish.

I'd give it a 8/10. Might pick it up. Will for sure if someone has a good deal on it.

absolutely. the faces look incredibbly realistic (I'm playing 360 version) and would challenge any game out there for the best face title.

Not only that, but it runs solidly on both platforms, and I couldn't notice any graphics differences (which includes, unfortunately, tons of jaggies). I'm not great at spotting FPS, so I have no idea how they compare there, but they SEEMED close enough.

MP was fun, in a battlefield way, if dumbed down (though BF might be better off with some dumbing down). If you're on a good team, or if the teams are moderately balanced, or if you can get steady access to vehicles, it's a blast. If not, it can get pretty frustrating, in a 'hey where did I spawn is that Tank h--' way. The kits have been mixed up, and seem a lot more powerful this time around: weapons are more accurate and powerful. Snipers nearly drop you with one non-HS bullet, a single shotgun blast can kill you, and the MG is no longer incredibly inaccurate.

Edit: Redundancy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the MP, SP not so much. I was surprised at how good the servers are, I haven't noticed any lag so far.

You can heal your self in MP just like you can in SP. You just need to unlock it first by getting higher ranks.

PLayed the SP again after playing a full day of very fun MP !
The SP feels very bland and boring after the MP marathon. Multiplayer rocks !:cool:

after playing some more, the MP is a lot of fun though a bit unbalanced unless you have a team working together. The graphics rival CoD4 online (though still not as good).

playing through headphines though I will say.. best sound effects ever in a MP game. awesome.

after playing some more, the MP is a lot of fun though a bit unbalanced unless you have a team working together. The graphics rival CoD4 online (though still not as good).

playing through headphines though I will say.. best sound effects ever in a MP game. awesome.

The graphics are better then COD in single and multi imo.Do you not see the craters being formed an trees being shot down with its shadows following + the maps are big with vehicles.

Yes, the shadows are really nice and the way the map keeps expanding to climax in the streets is just amazing! When the fight reaches the last part, its pure Chaos ! :p

Do we get the Mortar gun after we shift base to new place? i couldn't find one and the Mortar gun at the first base only fires uptill the first battle area.:cry:

Like I told NucNav, the bit that annoyed me particularly about the SP is that they assume you are already familiar with the game and know the controls. There's no brief walk-through about this is how you do this, etc..

Essentially you just have to figure it out on your own, which is easier to do in the MP than SP modes.

But uhh.. is there a way to go in reverse? It's great when you or somebody else manage to drive a tank into a building and then can't get it out because there's no way to reverse.

Is there a way to learn to fly (a controller map) without trial and error and repeated suicide crashes?

Also, the 'edge of the map' suicide timer is incredibly quick, 4 seconds or so. I'll take off in a HumVee trying to get some distance for some stealth sniping and I'm off the map and blown up before I have a chance to even turn around and get back into the field of play.

I suppose it's all because I'm unfamiliar with the BF series, but it's a bit annoying.

On PS3 reverse is square and forward triangle. I also had problems flying the helicopter. I dont what the controls are but forward is suddenly the right stick instead of the left for walking. Hopefully the full game allows you to change all the controls for every vehicle separately.

Controls are easy once you get a handle.

PS3

L1 goes forward,L2 backwards..simple. oh yeah R2 is smoke in tanks:cool:

Helicopter
LS is up and down,RS is forward and back + turn.

I played the demo and wasnt much impressed with it although the cutscenes looked very nice. It looked too generic to me

well the more i play this the more impressed I am... the sound once again,with the destructible environments and the rubble falling around you and the far off mortar fire is extraordinary.

the SP graphics are much better than my cursory look-see last week. the exploding trees and craters and smoke effects and debris are very immersive. I like that respawns happen with your progress saved so you do not need to re-kill the enemies.

I'm buying for SP alone and hope I don't get addicted to MP. :p

I was having lots of lag though (360) I'm not sure if it is just my connection. I have no lag an my other online games though.

I've also got lots of lag in MP and the pop-in is just about ridiculous. I'm talking the game has a draw distance of ten feet or something.

Anybody know the controls for the 360?

I've bearably noticed any lag. Only once when I was shooting at a tank with my own. After six shots it was still standing, but 2 of his were enough to kill me.
I think I have highest rank possible in the demo. The next one needs 140000000 exp, i'm at 2900 exp.

Back