Intel C2E QX6850 Leads the Market @ 1333 MHz FSB

Challenged by the AMD Quad Core processors due out in the third quarter, in addition to the price slash strategy, Intel plans to further strengthen its leadership by releasing 1333MHz FSB Kentsfield Quad-Core processors. Coupled with the upcoming X38 chipset, Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 will provide the most powerful thrust for those gamers, digital design professionals and enthusiasts who crave the highest performing computers they can get their hands on.

Intel Core 2 Extreme processor QX6800 runs at 2.93 GHz; features include: 4MBx2 L2 Cache, 1066MHz FSB and 130W TDP. To seize the market, Intel has launched QX6800 in the earlier time this month, much advanced than the original schedule. The processor is available now at a cost of US$1,199, a bit higher than the previous plan at US$999.

For the match up with the X38 chipset, which supports 1333MHz FSB, Intel also plans to release Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 running at 1333MHx FSB in the third quarter. Running at 3 GHz, QX6850 features 4MBx2 L2 Cache and 130W TDP. The processor is set at a cost of US$999. At the time QX6850 is released, QX6800 is set at a lowered cost at US$999 as well.

News Source: HardSpell

Oh wow! AMD better hope there K10 is gonna preform since we know the QX6800 preforms, so the QX6850 should be even mightier.

US

Attachments

• qx6850.jpg
    qx6850.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 7
News Source: HardSpell

Oh wow! AMD better hope there K10 is gonna preform since we know the QX6800 preforms, so the QX6850 should be even mightier.

US

And bare in mind Peryn, which should be a lot faster again shouldn't be too far behind the QX6850.

Yes K10 had better be damn fast! I personally hope K10 wipes the floor with Peryn, it needs to to restore balance to the industry but I just don't see it happening somehow.

And bare in mind Peryn, which should be a lot faster again shouldn't be too far behind the QX6850.

Yes K10 had better be damn fast! I personally hope K10 wipes the floor with Peryn, it needs to to restore balance to the industry but I just don't see it happening somehow.

Penryn is just a dual-core for notebooks.
The real face-off in the high end quad-core desktop space will be between AMD's "AgenaFX" and Intel's "Yorkfield".

Penryn is just a dual-core for notebooks.
The real face-off in the high end quad-core desktop space will be between AMD's "AgenaFX" and Intel's "Yorkfield".
Penryn is a family, not a specific implementation of it. Yorkfield is a Penryn processor, f.e.

Back