Dragon Quest Swords

Natoma

Veteran
http://wii.ign.com/articles/779/779975p1.html

It's coming 7/12. Nintendo better get cranking on Wii production. It's also the first DQ to feature speaking characters. Japan is going to go nuts. :LOL:

Here are screens: http://media.wii.ign.com/media/826/826840/imgs_1.html

Here are vids: http://media.wii.ign.com/media/826/826840/vids_1.html

dragon-quest-swords-the-masked-queen-and-the-tower-of-mirrors-20070123022202468.jpg

This game should be huge (Ha Yuuuuu Ja)...

It may not be part of the main DQ line (which continues on the DS) but it is still very DQuesty. It is another reason for me to buy a Wii.

-I tried yesterday (actually I got up early for a Nicotine craving, decided I should buy a pack and visit a Best Buy @10am <est>. I was told by the work folk that they, Circuity City and Target hadn't been replenished w/ Wiis for a mont:devilish: )

Last edited by a moderator:
Rumblings are coming that if the Wii continues to sell at the breakneck pace it is selling at, Square-Enix will release DQ 10 on the Wii exclusively.

Rumblings are coming that if the Wii continues to sell at the breakneck pace it is selling at, Square-Enix will release DQ 10 on the Wii exclusively.

Yeah that's likely. Other than the technological showpiece that is a FF game, SE's newest offerings are all going Nintendo AFAIK.
I am very excited about DQS, it looks to be a cartoony Oblivion.

Looks decent actually. Like the video alot more than the screenshots who I think look to smooth. im still not getting exited about the game though. On rail hack & slash? looks very boring to me. Also I think the design of the enemies is one of the worst i've ever seen. They look very uninspiring and not exiting or enemy'ish at all. Hacking & slashing on a rail against stone enemies and one eyed pikeman doesn get me exited.

Capcom said something about how they felt that moving around was too difficult for your average Wii gamer, which is why they decided to make UC on rails. Looks like Sq-Enix feels the same way. Maybe the Wii will get an on-rails version of Metal Gear Solid, too.

Yeah I laughed my ass of when I heard why capcom said about UC. Obvious its bs imo. Someone who buys a wii for the likes of wiisports probably wont buy a game like UC anyway besides that if its to hard for someone to move a analoge stick to turn around they're probably to dumb to play a onrail game too, all this moving your crosshair on the screen aiming at zombies, really hard. You'd almost hope RE4 wii will sell great and UC will flop just to show capcom we dont want onrails stuff.

In theory it could have a similar appeal to, say, Time Crisis ... but in practice, I don't know. Wait and see!

NWR's detailled impressions

That's my overall impression of Dragon Quest Swords. It's not so much an RPG or on-rails shooter (a sword only has so much range!), but more like a clever action game along the lines of Punch-Out. How good it will actually be comes down to how the rest of the enemies and areas are designed, but there's a definitely a solid game idea here.

Back